Guest bedroom

fantastic hotel

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"Having been to bournemouth once before and staying in a rather stuck up and very expensive hotel i was delighted to come across this beautiful little gem.The staff were lovely from the outset and the hotel is as clean and well maintaned as ones 10 times the price.I look forward to staying there again and have already booked up my next visit.I could not of wished to have found a better located and welcoming hotel.Superb"

• Travel date: 4th June 2008

We'll be back

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"Got cheap flights and took the opportunity of a few days away. We wanted to be based fairly central as I didn't want to hire a car this time. Found the hotel via a google search and first impressions looked good but boy when we arrived the hotel fully met our expectations. Very welcoming people and were greeted with a cuppa and warm welcome. The room was clean tidy and nice comfy beds. Breakfast was very filling and set us all up for the day. Plenty of tourist information in the hotel and the owner offered information about local places to see and also transport details. We had an enjoyable few days in Bournemouth and our flight home was not until 10.30pm. We were offered the facility of leaving our luggage and coming back to pick it up. When we went back at 7.30pm, we were met with a very welcome pot of tea. A taxi was booked and we left at 8.30pm for the airport. A great few days and the hope to be back to the Newark soon. Well worth a stopover if staying in the area - keep up the high standards!"

• Travel date: 21st April 2008

Fantastic Hotel Newark

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"I have been in Bournemouth for 4 days to visit my daughter and was in search of a cheap hotel. The Newark hotel was the cheapest that I could find and I did not expect much of it, but in reality it simply is a real ASTRE hotel. The frontside looks terribly nice and the chambers are nicely arranged and clean. The breakfast is very good, the owner is very pleasant and helpful. The location is ideal, it is situated near the beach and the town centre. On the day I went back to Holland I could leave my luggage in the lounge until it was time to go. I cannot think of anything that needs improvement and when I ever go back to Bournemouth I certainly want to come back to stay in The Newark Hotel."

• Travel date: 24th March 2008

10 out of 10!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"My boyfriend and I have stayed at the Newmark on two seperate occasions. Both of our visits have been brilliant. This is mostly due to the owners entertainment!!!!!!!!!!! His sense of humour, wit and charm will have you laughing out load at the breakfast table. He is such a lovely man and really looks after you. The rooms are clean and fresh and have all mod cons. The full english is well needed and appreciated after a night on the town. I will definately be going back there and will recommend it to friends and others. 10 out of 10!!!!!! kim and steve"

• Travel date: 20th March 2008

Bournemouth jewel

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"One of the jewels of Bournemouth! This was our third stay with the Newark and we have been treated with nothing but kind, professional and efficient service! From the outside one can see that straight away this is no ordinary hotel. The outside appearance is clean and tasteful which carries through to the inside of the hotel, as well. This is certainly a place worth keeping on one's list! The breakfast was excellent and more than adequate for any appetitie. We plan on returning next year."

• Travel date: 16th February 2008

perfect

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"WOW..... very clean - nicely decorated room - very hospitable owners - cheap off road car parking (essential) - very close to bic seafront and all amenities - super value for money. RECOMMENDED"

• Travel date: 23rd January 2008

A good stop over

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel over the Easter weekend. As I was visiting family nearby this was very convenient and at a very good price. We arrived fairly late but the owner was very accommodating and also told us about some bars near by to get a bottle of wine! The B&B is in an ideal location, only a few minutes walk to the beach and about a five minute walk down hill to the shopping centre and park so we didn't have far to stumble back! The accommodation was clean, and well decorated with a TV and coffee making facilities. This was only a very short stop over and we stayed in the standard double, sharing a bathroom. This was fine for us, but if you had to stay a few more nights I would recommend upgrading. The owner was very pleasant, although a little eccentric which made for a few chuckles over breakfast but he added to the charm of a very pleasant B&B. The only downside would’ve been the parking. Although in a good area, when we parked on the street we spotted a few yobs playing around near parked cars. However when we mentioned this to the hotel owner he was genuinely shocked and made sure we could get a parking spot in the hotel car park set behind the hotel. Overall I would say this is a good place to stay in Bournemouth (I have tried quite a few!) and would recommend it for short stays."

• Travel date: 10th April 2007

friendly well run

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We wanted a small hotel that was centrally located in Bournemouth and was reccomended The newark by a friend who had stayed previously for a conference being held in Bournemouth. We were late arriving and called the hotel to let them know it would be around 11pm the manager was most helpful and understanding and assured us not to worry and gave us directions with it being dark. On arriving the hotel is lit from the outside very tasteful with a warm and welcoming feel, we were warmly welcomed and shown to our room which was bright and nicely furnished. Breakfast was good with the usual choice of cooked full english or continental. The Newark is obviously very well run and was impressed by the level of cleanliness and is ideal for the the beach being a few minutes walk which we enjoyed walking along even in February. We would definately return again."

• Travel date: 28th February 2007

The Hotel Nazi

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"Any fans of "Seinfeld" would be familiar with the "Soup Nazi". I mention this because the guy that runs the hotel could easily be referred to as the "Hotel Nazi". He was very unwelcoming and unfriendly throughout our stay issuing rules that must be followed. For example, breakfast was from 8.30-9.00am- a pretty small window of opportunity. Heaven forbid if you arrived at the breakfast room at 10 to 9, as one other guest did during our stay, it was almost a case of "No breakfast for you!" We thought it was completely over the top when we were told if we used the spare bed in our room we would be charged extra. The time of check out is NOT negotiable and you wouldn't dream of asking him to leave your luggage there for a few hours. Why someone so rude and unhospitable would be in the business of running a hotel is beyond me. All that being said, the location of the hotel, the standard of the room and the quality of the breakfast was good. We would, however, not stay there again. Please note: The Nazi remark is purely a Seinfeld quote and we hope it will not offend."

• Travel date: 19th November 2006

Great experience!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"My husband and I have stayed at the Newark Hotel three times on our various visits to Bournemouth from the U.S. We have had a great experience there each time (or why would we return, given the number of choices of places to stay in Bournemouth?). From the outside, the Newark Hotel is definitely the most attractive in the area and, inside, the rooms are well-decorated and very clean. The location is great; a short walk from the promenade/beach and close to the pier and the gardens. We found the hotel to be run very efficiently, enjoyed the English breakfasts and felt that it was good value compared to other similar places to stay in the area. The owners/staff have been nothing but courteous and friendly and have willingly provided the extra help/advice that makes for a more pleasant stay (including carrying our heavy suitcases up several flights of stairs!!). The hotel even has available parking, which is a miracle in that part of Bournemouth!! I have happily recommended the Newark Hotel to family and friends who might be traveling in the area."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2006