think twice!!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"i booked the hotel through late rooms. com. i booked a twin room with a sea view.. When we arrived we waited 15 minuites for our room and the front reception was very disorganised. when we eventually got to room we didnt have a sea view and we had two single beds pushed together.. it was very uncomfortable! there was never any parking in the car park so we had to park outside the hotel on the main street. we went to the bar downstairs in the evening and waited fifteen min before even recieving our drinks. we had to queue for 20 min before we could sit down to have breafast..it was like being back at school. to top it all off when we left the hotel we recieved a parking ticket.. so think twice before you book this hotel.."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2007

Avoid if Possible!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Booked into this hotel for 2 nights. When we arrived at the hotel the first problem we encountered was that we could not park our car anywhere. We spoke to reception who informed us that it was to bad and that they could not guarantee their guests a parking place. They told us we could park outside the carpark on a single yellow line after 6pm but would have to move the car by 8 am the next morning or we would get a parking ticket. Maybe the management should get their staff to park somewhere else.

Inside the hotel the reception area is 4 star but as soon as you reach the bedrooms you will feel like you have moved into a 2 star hotel. The double bed is very small and as we are just under 6 foot both me and my wife had our feet dangling over the bed. The pillows where rock hard and the cistern in the bathroom dripped all night. we did try to get some sleep but the constant noice from other guests running along corridors and slamming doors made it almost impossible as the walls where paper this.

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and do not consider myself to be a fussy person in fact this is the first time I have commented on a hotel! This is a hotel to avoid.

To rub salt into the wounds as we checked out the couple in front of us asked as they where leaving could they leave their car in the car park for the day as they where going shopping. Maybe thats why the guests cant park!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of April 2007

The hotel was clean, but looking tired....

Reviewed Wed 20th of September 2006

"The hotel was clean, but looking tired. Carpets becoming thread bear in places. Friendly and helpful staff. Much of the hotel smelled of stale food, reminiscent of an old peoples home.

The rooms have paper thin walls allowing you to hear the goings on in the rooms adjacent. Creaky floor boards too.

Very noisy when hosting wedding receptions as when I was staying. I would not stay again."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of September 2006