Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel

Bournemouth Westbourne exterior

About Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel

• paid internet

Good
1991 reviews

Not great...

Reviewed 16th August 2016

"Started well with a pleasant reception. parking was awful but there was a parking attendant to oversee things so it worked out. There is no outdoor area or view of the beach insinuated in the description. You also have to pay to park which was novel. I stay all around the country as part of work and this is the worst premier Inn I've experienced. Food was overpriced, undersized and served with a large portion of condescension and derision to really help the palette. Come to day two and no car park attendant or spaces. So cars are piling in with no way to turn and more coming up behind.Here are some numbers for you. Rooms 440 Car park spaces 50 Restaurant can seat maybe 70 Not great for businesses or anyone who has something to do. "

• Travel date: 4th August 2016

we loved it so much we didnt want to go home

Reviewed 12th August 2014

"Fantastic hotel, very very clean big comfortable bed super service lovely staff,we stayed in Bournemouth for 3 nights i picked premier inn cos its my favorite hotel if your like me and your looking for a clean relaxing place near the beach and the town center the shops are nearby the beach is walking distance and easy to find then premier inn is the best place. "

• Travel date: 9th August 2014

Extremely good value

Reviewed 24th March 2013

"Stayed at the Premier Inn, Westcliffe with our two grandchildren aged 14 and 11 during the Easter School Holidays. The room was well equipped and comfortable, lovely and clean. The check in staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome straight away. This is a child friendly hotel and my grandchildren loved the experience. The staff in the bar and restaurant were very helpful and lovely and friendly, and we welcomed a chat with them! Breakfast was good value and the kids ate free and we ate in the restaurant on our second night and the food was very nice at a reasonable price! We would thoroughly recommend this hotel for adults and children if you want a cheap and comfortable stay. We were within easy reach of the town centre, the pier and the promenade and park and enjoyed a pleasant walk along the cliff tops which took us about ten minutes. We hired bicycles and had an extremly enjoyable hour riding along the beach promenade with the grandchildren. All in all, we had a lovely stay in Bournemouth and would recommend this trip to any grandparents wishing to take their kids away for a few days."

• Travel date: 15th April 2010

Brilliant!!

Reviewed 20th March 2013

"Myself and a friend stayed at Premier Inn Westcliff for two nights at the end of march. We booked in advance and got a twin room for £39 per night. We both were etremely pleased with the quality of this hotel, and the service that we recieved. Others have mentioned about limited parking, but we arrived early and drove straight into a space. The Restaraunt was brilliant and the food arrived to our table piping hot. This hotel is just a 10 minute walk from the seafront and the town centre. We would highly recommend this hotel. Dont bother with the local hotels, this is the place to stay!"

• Travel date: 2nd April 2010

A Great Stay at a Great Price

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"Myself and my wife went to this hotel for a one night mid-week stay. Other reviews mentioned the limited parking but we had no problem being able to get a space in the car park, even when we returned to the hotel after an evening out. The hotel was quite new and very clean and tidy. The check-in process was quick, pleasant and efficient and our room on the third floor was quite large - it even still smelled new. Both the room and the bathroom were spotlessly clean and although, as you would expect, the rooms are fairly 'no frills' and pretty characterless they are spacious, comfortable and provide all the essentials required for a pleasant stay including a comfy bed. Any Negative Points? Well, there are a couple of minor ones (heating/air conditioning unit was quite noisy and the low energy lighting was horrible until your eyes became accustomed to its level and colour) but that wouldn't stop us coming back here again. We didn't eat or drink in the hotel so are unable to comment on the bar/restaurant areas but they looked fairly inviting and we found the reception staff to be very friendly and helpful. Overall, we were delighted with our stay and at a cost of just £36.00 I am sure we will return again in the future."

• Travel date: 12th March 2010

embarrassed but good

Reviewed 19th March 2013

"I write this in the hotel room, using the wireless that I've paid £10 a day for - shold have double checked wireless price as I thought it was free in room but evidently not. Good connection though. 2mins taxi from bournemouth train station after a long travelling time, was appreciated. Room itself, nice, double bed, warm (heater is a bit loud so turned that off). lots of storage space, tea and coffee, shower, toilet, etc. Arrived, today is Valentine's day, and felt sort of embarrassed at the checkout that I was checking in alone. Would have liked to havea chance to explain I am on an audition for university, but the staff were cheerful enough. Lots of rooms in this place. Had food in the restaurant downstairs, again embarrassed at being alone on Valentines day but when you are hungry what else can you do! Felt like the staff felt awkward serving me on a table alone as well but suppose that's just how it is. Took a long time to get meal, but worth the wait as the cooking was top notch. Lovely pasta with brilliantly grilled chicken. Best thing about the place. Booked a taxi at reception to take to the audition the following day, quite helpful and a nice girl on reception. Good enough for £51 a night :)"

• Travel date: 15th February 2010

Just the job

Reviewed 25th March 2013

"Just a really good hotel with friendly staff and breakfast cooked to order. Great value. Will stay again"

• Travel date: 5th February 2010

Premier Inn- Premier Service

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"We stayed at this hotel for one night, I have always been impressed with Premier Inns, and this doesnt disapoint. The rooms are clean and spacious. The foyer and longe decor is nice. But what sets this hotel apart is its staff, we were met with a warm welcome from the moment that we arrived, in fact the staff are so good the hotel feels more like a bed and breakfast.... all for £61 per night for a family room. The only downside is the limited parking, but we were warned and found parking a few hundred yards away. Well done Premier Inn Westcliff - we will be back."

• Travel date: 1st February 2010

Watch out if you book on line

Reviewed 22nd March 2013

"We stayed here this week end after booking on line just to get away and see the grandkids we booked on line about 3 weeks ago and thought we had paid the full price we hadn't Premier inn had given us a small discount which changed the terms and conditions of the booking therefore making it impossible to cancel unless we paid a stupid cancellation fee.On a whole the hotel was ok rooms ,breakfast and service were good but the CAR PARKING is a joke on our second night we had no choice but to park away from the hotel about a ten minute walk not good if you are less able. this spoilt our trip as I drive a very expensive motor and the thought of this been parked in a public car park did not instill confidence sad I know but a point worth thinking about. this hotel has taught me one thing read all the small print when booking on line and check the SMALL PRINT when your booking is confirmed."

• Travel date: 10th November 2009

Dont be disabled if you dare stay at this hotel

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"As I write this review sat in our hotel room in September 2009 I wonder if people with any kind of disability will ever be treated as equal to the rest of us. Firstly the hotel its self, clean, nice modern rooms, normal facilities you would expect. Secondly its location, TERRIBLE with very limited partking, when we booked over the internet no warnings were shown although checking the website I did find their "get out of jail free card" of limited parking. I now our fault, we should have checked.. That said do not stay at this hotel if you have any kind of diffulties walking as we have just had to park our car 15 minutes walk away from the hotel. The hotel staff although very helpfull are not able to magic places that dont exist."

• Travel date: 27th September 2009

Fantastic !

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"My husband and I had a great weekend away with our young child of 7, and our teenager daughter. We where so happy with our accommodation and the efficient friendly staff . The cleanliness of the whole hotel, and the very comfortable rooms made our stay so relaxing. Great value breakfast ! all very organised. Will be coming back soon. Mrs L Barker"

• Travel date: 4th September 2009

Inadequate facilities for number of rooms

Reviewed 23rd March 2013

"Booked this Premier Inn as we have stayed in others before and found them to be good value for family of four. However, too many rooms for the number of parking spaces; we arrived at 2.30 p.m. to be told might have to check in later even though stated check-in is from 2 p.m. Had impression of too few staff who seemed over worked although cheerful. Stayed 4 days but cancelled breakfast on last day as we got fed up queuing for a table every morning. Dined there on 1st and 3rd evening but even though we were seated early, long delay for main course, when we asked what the delay was the food suddenly arrived looking like it had been left on a hot plate; I ordered lasagne which only took up 1/4 of a smallish plate - the rest of the plate being taken up by garlic bread and salad. When we asked the manager about this he claimed this was "portion control". We definitely won't be staying there again and probably won't bother with any in the chain either."

• Travel date: 31st August 2009

Hotels near Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel

Top traveller tips for Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel

• by Laurie W

"Park elsewhere and eat elsewhere."

• by Kimberly S

"get there early to make the most of every second its a beautiful place"

Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel is also called