Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel

Blue-Badge/Disabled Parking

Reviewed Mon 1st of August 2011

"Premier Inn: 'Everything is Premier except the price' - and the car-park. Not recommended if you are disabled with a Blue Badge. The allocated, clearly marked blue-badge parking spaces (Floor 3)are used by America Amusements staff/personnel, to ensure (according to one of their staff)that they are guaranteed a car-parking space. "

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2011

Cannot beat this for value

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I would echo the majority of reviews for this hotel - it is a superb premier inn - far superior than any other we have stayed in. I can honestly say that this hotel rates as a very superior 3* if not 4*not in some cases. I understand from the manager the hotel used to be the Bournemouth Hilton , it was then taken over by a consortium who spent £14million on the refurbishment and then ran out of money. Premier Inn then stepped in ! The reception is huge ( by premier inn standards) complete with it's own art deco style chandelier!! The bedrooms are huge and if anything a little under furnished. We opted for the breakfast which again was excellent , self service style hot and cold buffet. I do hope that the management keep up the high standards and keep it well maintained - which is often a failing of this chain."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of April 2009

not the best one we have stayed in

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Stayed one night here we have used this group many times and know what we are getting, however, this one has the smallest rooms of all so far, I did ask at reception if the room were all the same and was told yes only the beds differ ( twin or double) so I did not question and further, the room was vey small the bed had only one table at the side as the other side was against the wall so we will not be going back there."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of April 2009

Excellent hotel and brilliant price

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Bournemouth Central for two nights while celebrating our silver wedding. I phoned after making the booking to say it was a special occasion and would it be possible to have a sea view. We certainly got that, along with a bedroom with steps down to a separate lounge area and a wonderful bathroom with a walk in wet room double shower. We had been given the best room in the hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful. We were greeted with the receptionist congratulating us on our anniversary. The maid knocked on our door to check everything was satisfactory and even the staff in the restaurant new it was our anniversary and made a fuss over us. The breakfast was excellent and so was dinner in the evening. We have stayed in many Premier Inns which were of a high standard but this tops the lot. We had had two different views of the sea from our room."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2009

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"This hotel has been done out to a superb standard which gives it a really high class feel. The decor is fresh and modern and the rooms finished beautifully. Our room had a great view over Bournemouth despite being at the side of the building, however - we were on the 7th floor and I would think that any lower on that side of the building you would only be able to see the side of the car park adjacent. We were able to park in the Metro multi-storey car park which has it's own entrance into the hotel and this was the best and cheapest option. Finding the car park isn't immediately obvious - you have to drive all the way around the one way street and through the back - don't bother using the far more expensive open air car parks in front of the hotel.
On arriving we were apprehensive that the hotel would be noisy as it is located next to cinemas and a couple of bars, but found that the sound proofing in the hotel was excellent and had a really good sleep.
Walking to the beach and city centre was easy.
The main bar is large and pleasant and well stocked, with very reasonable prices too.
Breakfast was good as was the coffee and all staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Overall this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and wouldn't hesitate to book in again."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of April 2009

Lovely modern, stylish hotel

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We stayed here having read the reviews and it lived up to expectations. Great location in the centre of Bournemouth. Newly refurbished, modern, trendy decor with plenty of space in the bedrooms. Great price too. Breakfast was great, they even had vegetarian sausages!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2009

Wonderful Hotel,Staff Excellent-Is This Really A Premier Inn?

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Booked this travel inn as had read such good reviews about it and we certainly weren't disappointed!My teenage daughter & I were in B'mouth to see Snowpatrol at the BIC.Our room was very clean, posh and welcoming.Bathroom was very modern and clean.Staff just could'nt do enough for us.We didn't eat there that evening as we went to Harry Ramsdens which is a must!Hotel was quiet and we had the most wonderful view over the sea but access to the balcony wasn't available just yet.Next a.m the breakfast was delicious and the staff once again were very friendly.Special thankyou to Tom and Natalie who went out their way to assist us(my daughter uses a wheelchair) THANKYOU we will definetly stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of March 2009

Lovely art deco hotel

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Stayed here recently when going to a show at the B.I.C.
This is not your usual, uniform Premier Inn (which are always pleasant enough though)
Instead this is a refurbished Art Deco hotel. And they've done it very well. Very pleasant reception area & comfortable bar area on the ground floor. Restaurant on the first floor with a good selection on the menu. All staff throughout the hotel were very courteous & attentive. Our room was very big by usual Premier Inn standards & looked out towards the sea. Clean good sized bathroom. Can't fault it apart from the slightly spongy-feeling pillows on the bed. Will definitely stay here again when going to future shows. Discounted parking at the car park behind the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of March 2009

Definately going back

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Very friendly staff, spotlessly clean, newly refurbished but keeping Art Deco features with a modern stylish twist, delicious breakfast with many options, very central for shopping, beach and pier. Most comfortable bed ever stayed in. Whole south side has excellent wide view of sea - balconies not accessible yet but hotel has planning permission to put in dividers in keeping with the building. We are planning our next trip."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of March 2009

Huge posh rooms, great staff, sea view. Best Bournemouth Hotel!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Probably the best hotel in bournemouth (a resort that is getting a little run down). Althought squeezed between a cinema and the YMCA the hotel is great once inside. Posher than a normal Premier Inn, the style is baroque, and the rooms are HUGE and no noise at all apart from the sea. We booked a double room for £70, and they gave us a sea view and late check out for free. Staff were realy helpful when we asked about cash machines, good places to eat etc. Secure parking only £6.90 for 24 hours! Overall a good hotel for the area and definalty would stay there again if I was to go to Bournemouth again (not likely!!!)"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of March 2009

Best Premier Inn I have stayed in

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"This is the best Premier I have stayed in, I believe that it was previously a 4 star hotel that Premier took over.

The restaurant while not 'fine dining' is s notch up on normal Premiers and the bar has a real buzz..

I have stopped here twice on business and both time staff have been extremely helpful. Locating replacement razors for the ones that I forgot to pack and providing excellent directions to a local restaurant that I was meeting friends at.

Rooms very comfy, roomy and contemporary."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of February 2009