Outdoor Decking with a View

Great Holiday

Reviewed 31st August 2016

"Very clean site and staff are top class always a smile ,kids loved the pool , and best of all there is 2 Happy Hours 16.30 until 17.30 and then 21.15 until 10.15 and none of the normal problems with under age everybody gets ID . Keep up the good work be back soon . we have been coming to Europa for about 6 years and will always come back again and again. "

• Travel date: 18th August 2016

Good for 18-30's lovers but not what expected.

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I spent 2 days 3 nights during the May bank holiday weekend at Europa. We arrived late coming straight from work on Friday night, loud, garish and full of drunks! was my first impression, not what you want after a 4hrs 30mins drive. In the morning (when the people playing music from their van had finished) the place was good, clean, easy to navagate, facilities everywhere and all in working order (warm showers). I'd recommend if your in a group looking for a good night out, the clubhouse is very lively to put it mildly but not for couples wanting a quiet, countryside break away."

• Travel date: 1st June 2010

Terrible service, aweful value !

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"Actually cancelled our stay there. We wanted 4 pitches out of season. They refused to let us book them together as you have to just "turn up and take your chance at what was available", paid an additional £4 per night for electric hook up, £10 per person per night, NOT PER PITCH as every other normal site does, and to cap it all... another £3 per car per night just to park on your pitch. For 2 ppl it would be £27 per night out of season, instead of say Lobb Fields nr Croyde at £14, but better all round. AVOID !"

• Travel date: 31st May 2010

Great stay

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"Me and a group of friends went for a relaxed holiday, and thats what we got! Staff were in no way threatening like previous review and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The accomodation was good and so was the night life, Thankyou!"

• Travel date: 17th May 2010

Fab for Hen Party!!

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Just had a fab weekend with the girls staying in one of the lodges... we really struggled to find somewhere willing to take on a group of 7 of us but Europa was happy to have us!! We were really lucky with the weather and Woolacombe was funky little place with a nice atmosphere. The accommodation was great value when we split it out between us, which gave us more money to spend in the bar... Happy Hour was a highlight! Not for the faint hearted but perfect for us... we'll be back soon!!"

• Travel date: 16th April 2010

Excellent fun for groups

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"Spent 3 nights here, only wanted 2 but had to book for 3, wasnt best pleased at the time but liked the lay in on sunday morning with my hangover. They had a wikid band on the saturday night, happy hour was great, food good, shower bloks fine. Stayed in the surf cabins, would definatly recommend n we all look forward to going back this JUly!"

• Travel date: 8th March 2010

dump

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"the place is a shambles the showers are cold and dirty the food is micro ready rubbish. unless you go to the spar garage just out side the camp wich is way overpriced we used to go with friends because they liked it because there were no kids im not supprised there arent any kids theres nothing much for them to do on camp besides they would be kept up all night with the racket.The beach however was lovely but did cost six pound a day parking on a plus note the view from the beer deck was nice and there is a happy hour drinking on certain nights we stopped in a tent cos anything else was too expensive and a health hazard im gonna go to a better camp in woolacombe next time"

• Travel date: 31st December 2009

Again another poor review

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I travelled there with friends for a weekend. Staff were threatening and unpleasant. I would give this one a miss. However, the town centre was lovely as was the area of the country. The park, on the other hand, was scruffy and run down. The showers were almost open-air. The breakfast buffet was overpriced and poor. The general atmosphere of the whole site was low. Also, it cost £25 per person to camp for a night, with a £5 charge for staying past 10 am the next morning. The camp site was also overcrowded and the toilets were abhorrent."

• Travel date: 19th August 2009

Better Campsites down the road.

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"After looking at the website before booking this camp site it all looked very good and appealing. Whoever has done the website and the marketing have done a very good job. Don’t get me wrong the facilities are there but are very small and about 20 years out of date. There is not enough toilet / shower facilities for the amount of people who could stay on the site. The toilets / showers are very basic not even anywhere to hang your clothes whist having a cold shower. Most of the water come out of the wall and not the shower. This was the better shower I had in the swimming pool showers. The staff were slagging off the stag parties when I was in reception yesterday. This does not make you feel very welcome. The site was over crowed over prices and the facilities are a waste of time. In short I would not waste your time and money staying at this site."

• Travel date: 17th August 2009

Don't go

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"I went with a friend and 3 little boys 4yrs and below and when I called up to book it the guy recommended we had a caravan. He did highlight that they were 10 years old but he said they were very clean and tidy and had all working amenities. I think he actually meant they were 20 years old and not alot worked. As a parent I had serious reservations about letting my child sleep within in the caravan. There were light bulbs showing with no covers on, dog pooh on the sofa thing, the double room smelt of stale pets wee, the fire alarm didnt work, the gas fire was so rusty I wouldn't imagine it pass any health and safety standards and it let out fumes that were seriously dodgy, the dirt and filth was indescribable. On the first night I opened the bedroom window to let some air in as the fire smelt so bad and the window fell out in my hands onto the grass below. The TV didn't work. This was all mentioned the next day and was not fixed however they did move us to a chalet type building which was better and I guess for the money would be OK if you don't mind dirty cleaning standards, but don't stay in a caravan they are a health hazard! When my dog stayed in kennels recently the kennels were cleaner! I asked about the swimming pool and advised on the quiet not to use it as they had some problems with the chlorination and with young ones she didn't think it was best! I've travelled the world and am not majorly fussy. I've spent $10 a night and it was 5star compared to the caravan at Europa. On a plus point the site was very quiet but we were there in the week."

• Travel date: 13th August 2009

Stay down the road

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Stayed here in June under promises of an onsite bar, discounted evening meals and what looked like a really nice swimming pool, but it turned out to be one let down after another. In reality the extensive menu on the website turned out to be just 3 different dishes all obviously microwaved ready-meals and the pool was too small to swim in. The onsite spar is just outside the entrance, but was useless for anything more than snacks or bbq food. The campsite itself does have a huge variety of camping spots, many with great views over the bay and to lundy island. There are also lots of shower and toilet blocks, but all the ones we used, were extremely dirty and looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages. The closest block to us had 4 showers but 3 were unusable as the lights didn't work. As a campsite at the top of the hill away from the beach we were also disappointed to have to pay for parking, as you had to pay over night and then pay at the beach when you drove down in the morning. 5 minutes down the road was another campsite that looked alot nicer, with an official bus from the seafront. That campsite didn't allow large groups of guys, which is why I think Europa was full of them. It might be a bit more expensive, but seriously if you can afford it stay down the road!"

• Travel date: 26th July 2009