Good

Superb hotel

Reviewed Mon 12th of May 2014

"We have just spent 3 lovely days at this hotel and we can honestly say that it was one if.not the best room we have ever been in, the decor was superb, and it was spotlessly clean. It was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was also brilliant with so much choice. Will definitely be booking to go again.
Two very satisfied guests."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2014

Unexpected Holiday

Reviewed Mon 8th of August 2011

"Our daughter in Australia booked us a surprise 2 day break due to my wife suffering from cancer. We had a brilliant time so much that we extended our stay by a further two days. Chris,Caroline & Gary were extremely helpful and friendly as nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast was superb and the choice vast. As for the cleanliness it could not be faulted. We certainly hope to return again in the future."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of August 2011

A Class Act

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We recently stayed at The Meadfoot Bay Hotel in early August and our holiday from start to finish was excellent. We did a lot of searching on the internet and found the reviews on tripadvisor a big help. We booked our break through their own website as they have online booking. We usually book our breaks through Lastminute.com however found it was cheaper to book directly on their site. We stayed in a standard room and can confirm that the other reviews on this site are 100% correct, this place is wonderful. Our room was located on the second floor and was exactly what we hoped for. Spacious room, comfy bed, powerfull shower and most importantly, spotlessly clean! The owners who are a family of 3 really run a fantastic establishment with plenty of helpful advise and local knowledge. My husband especially enjoyed the full English breakfast, proper sausages and bacon, a welcome change to poor quality cheap food that can sometimes be found in places that charge a much higher tariff. I have recommended this hotel to all family and friends and look forward to staying there again in the future."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of August 2007

Great Hotel. Run by the family, wonderfu...

Good
Reviewed Thu 17th of May 2007

"Great Hotel. Run by the family, wonderful home cooked food (even the pate). You feel very quickly as though you are visiting friends.

We had a lovely 2nd floor room which had access to a covered private seating area then a decking area and gardens. Not huge but flood light at night and very pretty. Great for those pre dinner drinks.

Plenty of comfy chairs in the lounge to sit and sip your coffee after all that good food.

Only down side, there is no lift but I will be happy to "do" the stairs again when we return."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

Stylish Hotel that you'll definitely want to return to!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Meadfoot Bay Hotel for a long weekend in March. This was our first time in Torquay and it was made extra special by choosing to stay at this superb hotel.

Located in a quiet street approximately 10 minute walk from Torquay centre and a few minutes walk from Meadfoot Bay, the hotel is a great base from which to explore the Torbay area.

We stayed in the newly refurbished ‘Wentworth Suite’ which totally exceeded our expectations. It was spotlessly clean and very stylishly decorated in modern chocolate/cream colours. The bed was large and comfortable and made for an excellent nights sleep. In fact you couldn’t ask for more in a hotel room: flat screen TV/DVD, iron, ironing board and trouser press, Tea and Coffee making facilities, bottled water and a complimentary decanter of sherry which were all welcomed after a long day of sightseeing. The bathroom was decorated to the same high standard with luxury fittings, toiletries and fluffy white towels. I particularly loved the power shower. Wi-fi access throughout the hotel and in our room was also a great added bonus.

The owners and staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful - nothing was too much trouble for them.

The Meadfoot Bay hotel has a four diamond rating but it certainly deserves a five. We would definitely recommend this hotel - so much so, we have booked to go back again later this year."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of April 2007

A Cut Above The Res

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I am currently writing my review from the beautiful lounge of the Meadfoot Bay Hotel. Unfortunately my stay here is coming to an end and I have to leave tomorrow. :(

The Meadfoot Bay is a truly wonderful hotel and the owners have got it absolutely spot on. From the moment I arrived I have felt very welcome and have been really spoilt.

On arrival i was greeted with a smile which is nice after a 6 hour trip from London (Bank Holiday Traffic, disaster) I was given a quick
tour of the Ground Floor and was really impressed by the decor of the
Lounges, Bar and Restaurant and how spotlessly clean the Hotel was. I
was then shown to my room which was excellent as well. I am normally very fussy however i could not fault the room. It was large in size, nice comfy bed, 100% egyptian cotton sheets (very impressed) good quality ammenities and free broadband wi-fi for my Laptop. The en-suite was brand new refurbished and fully tiled with lovely toiletries and a power shower. An extra bonus that i received was an attached patio area just outside my room which was lovely to sit out on and enjoy the great weather this bank holiday has given me!
Service at the hotel is brilliant and a big thank you to Chris, Caroline and Gary."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"We booked 2 superior rooms for a seaside weekend break with friends having read the recomendations on Trip adviser. We were pleasantly surprised at the very high quality of the rooms and the fittings. The hotel is being totally renovated, though we were not aware of any work going on, and Rooms 6 &7 which are at the front have just been completed. Everything is brand new, from the beautiful bathroom with power shower to the flat screen TV. NIce touches are the bathrobes and slippers, welcoming decanter of sherry (courtesy of Gary who is the son and runs an excellent bar), trouser press with fitted iron and ironing board, usual tea and biscuits and a really comfortable bed.
As we were only there for 2 night we had D, B&B. Thankfully only the breakfast cereals and fruit juice etc were buffet service, the hot meals were to order and of a good standard, (I recommend the poached eggs ) . We've had far worse in 4/5* hotels at twice the price. Dinner is ordered in advance, we were sent a copy of the menu and asked to e-mail this a couple of days before arrival. Seemed strange but as a small hotel offering a limited menu of fresh local food it worked well. My sea bass was partricularly good. At breakfast you're asked to pre-order and my second night meal was duck - a word of warning - be prepared with a good appetite the portions are more than generous. The food is not pretentious but it would be insulting to call it plain. If you want good quality home cooking this hits the spot.

This is a family run hotel and the Water's family are to be congratulated on what they have achieved."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of March 2007

Great find - Highly recommended

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Stayed in one of their superior rooms. Decor was pristine, furnishings lovely, bed very comfortable, shower good, topped off with an excellent hospitality tray that was replenished daily - including sherry!! A nice touch. The room was of average size.

The public rooms were also very comfortable, well decorated and welcoming. Everything and everywhere was very clean.

Only took breakfast, which was very tasty and more than enough to set one up for the day. Did not sample the dinner which has to be chosen in the morning / day before arrival. Although a reasonable choice, the menus were unchanged during our stay.

Location - it is one hill out of Torquay centre - about a 15 minute walk for the fairly fit, close to a pebble beach and in a very nice area for walks provided one likes undulating walks. It is about 100 metres from the South West Coastal path.

Booking was via email and phone. Everyone involved throughout our stay were very helpful, courteous and professional.

Highly recommended - especially if you take advantage of a special offer."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of February 2007

This palce is such a gem!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"My husband and I booked into this wonderful B&B for a pre-Christmas break and we have found a place we WILL return to. The B&B is extremely clean and is within walking distance of the town of Torquay and there are many lovely walks within distance of this gem of a place. The owners are the most helpful and friendly and although they were full, they were always around to give us advice and help, and even found my husband a gym that he could use within walking distance of the Meadfoot. Our room was more than we expected and the surroundings in general are quite plush. The breakfast was very tasty and well portioned - an extra bonus for my extra hungry husband! I have to say that I would recommend this B&B with the highest rating and you will not be dissappointed!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of January 2007

Absolutely loved this hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel in November 06 and we cannot fault it. The family who run it are friendly and can't do enough for you, offer loads of good advice about places to eat and even booked a table for us one night. The hotel is comfortable, clean and tidy and our room was just the same. We even got a christmas card from the hotel in December, which is a lovely touch. Looking forward to staying there again."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

Perfect weekend break

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We received a warm and efficient welcome from the Waters family, owners of the hotel, and this reflected our total experience of the Meadfoot Bay Hotel. Caring and attentive service without intrusion; excellent meals and comfortable surroundings made for a friendly atmosphere in which we could fully relax. The Hotel makes a superb base from which to explore the area and we were able to do many beautiful walks along the coastal path, enhanced by the mild sunny weather. We shall definitely return !"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of October 2006

Super break

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We both had a lovely stay - the food was superb and we were really well looked after. We shall return!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of October 2006