Our Beautiful House

Good

Spot on.

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"June & Carl are lovely hosts, welcoming, charming and friendly. Having taken over quite recently, you'd never guess as they seem so comfortable in their surroundings. The property is undergoing a decorative transformation with updated public areas and some of the rooms have already been completed in a fresh contemporary style. A jolly nice breakfast too. We would thoroughly recommend Kingsholm."

• Travel date: 20th January 2011

Excellent Hotel great value, good location

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Spent three nights at the Kingsholm, everything was to a high standard plus additional little touches, they thought of everything. Only gripe was the room we had was to the front and there was a bit of traffic noise late at night especially once the local clubs came out. Double glazing would enhance the Kingsholm greatly. Bed was great, room and everywhere else spotless. Breakfast was super with a great selection to choose from. It was our first visit to Torquay and found the public transport excellent value for money. If you are Scottish the locals don't care too much for your Scottish Ten and Twenty pound notes, irrespective that they say Sterling on them."

• Travel date: 1st June 2010

Laura Ashley decor with good breakfast

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"Fantastic huge Victorian house on busy, noisy Babbacombe road, 5 mins walk from harbour. Decor: 1980s profusion of Laura Ashley chintz & flowery borders, lace curtains & chintzy bedlinen- thought I'd gone back a few decades when I opened the door. Clean enough though. Good shower; lots of hot water. Tips: take your earplugs (noisy road- traffic & drunken revellers till early hrs) & eye mask (thin curtains), if you want to sleep past dawn. Nice breakfasts but strange habit of serving eggs/beans etc on dry toast with butter on separate plate- had to scrape it all off to butter underneath! Really friendly hosts, though think one of them likes being a b & b hostess more than the other. Pretty good rates through Booking.com but noise was a problem at night."

• Travel date: 11th April 2010

Wonderful,light airy rooms and good value for money, service great

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"We stayed at Kingsholm bed and breakfast for four nights. We didn't realy expect much with our stay being out of season how wrong could we be. Debbie and Alison were superb in their hosting skills, nothing to much trouble. The full English breakfast was adequate, with an assortment of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts a variety of fruit/herbal teas and also a breakfast choice. Though not quite in season the Kingsholm was busy, very clean and all the amenities on offer where there. We would definately stay again next time we are in Torquay such a friendly atmospher."

• Travel date: 23rd February 2010

Clean hotel but be prepared for hunger

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"The hotel boasts such good reviews off other visitors but as for myself and family we were to say the least dissapointed in the lack of food. The main meals consisted of two,, or three if your lucky baby potatoes and one to two peices of meat. All people in my party were left wondering if somone was going to pop out from behind the curtain and say "Only joking!" Other complaint was the lack of warmness you felt from the owners. Everything seemed to much trouble. So if you want empty stomachs and hostility - The Kingshom is your place. Four Star! I think not!"

• Travel date: 12th September 2009

Lovely B & B

Good
Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights (Aug). It's a lovely Bed and Breakfast. The location is ideal for town and is only a short stroll. We stayed in Room 4, which is at the front of the hotel and faced the gardens. A lovely bright room although it could get quite hot when the sun is shining, but is not a problem if your out and about as we were. I would recommend this lovely b&b the breakfasts are also delicious."

• Travel date: 11th August 2009

disapointed

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"ok me and my daughter just left after an 8 day stay...debbie was a great host and i guess her food is good but theres not much of it....her kings holm breakfast sounds great but when it arrives you think where is it...its ok if you dont eat much...her evening meals for the money are ridiculas...dont get me wrong the soup is awesome but meals were sparce i was still hungary and had to go to the bar for crisps n chocolate....one day we were haveing breakfast and they had no guests just us...so they ate there breakfast outside i sat and waited for my toast which never came...last day no milk in the room for coffee..the rooms are clean the en suite was a joke i had room 8 the door had to be left open while sat on the loo..not nice for anyone in your party..but i do have long legs..would i go again...NO but if you want a nice hotel with small amounts of good food then try it...but me i want proper portions for the high price...for a good breakfast in torquay try beecys near the harbour... dave"

• Travel date: 27th July 2009