excellent

Reviewed Thu 7th of February 2013

"excellent hotel accomadation with very warm and helpful hosts who helped to make our short stay a wonderful experience. faultless.10/10."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008

brilliant location

Reviewed Sun 20th of January 2013

"An excellent hotel, very clean and close to town centre. no problem with parking, although the hotel only has 3 spaces - we parked easily. Excellent for a weekend break - ideal for couples as no stag or hen parties permitted. No problem with noise and hosts very pleasant."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2008

Great hospitality, very good location

Reviewed Tue 1st of January 2013

"This was the cheapest hotel during my trip to Devon and Cornwall and certainly the best value for money. The owners were very friendly and hospitable, offering to bring my luggage to my room while I parked my car. Their own parking behind the hotel only has 4 spaces, so when they are taken you can park your car at the large parking lot a little further away (2 minutes walk). Free parking is included in the price, so you don't need to pay extra for that.
I stayed at a single room at the top floor. The room and the shower were small, but everything fitted in so I didn't have any trouble with it. The breakfast room was also small, but the breakfast was the best I had during my entire holiday, very tasty! Our host showed a good sense of humour when several guests, including me, indicated they didn't want beans with their breakfast, by showing us the tin of beans. "It's really good quality, you know?" All with a big smile on her face.
The location is excellent, only a less than 5 minute walk downhill to the harbourside shops and restaurants. There are also some restaurants on the way down, very close to the hotel. The road in front of the hotel is a busy one, so rooms on that side could have some street noise if they keep their windows open, however I stayed at the back of hotel with my window open and only heard the noise of the seagulls.
Overall a really good experience in the pleasant seaside town of Torquay."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

Just the ticket!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Our daughters booked this hotel for us for our golden wedding anniversary and what a lovley surprise it was. The owners made us feel as though we were the only thing that mattered. We have never been to Torquay before but we were promptly given leaflets and information to help us get around, it was fantastic. The breakfast was cooked to perfection and we even managed to have a full breakfast every morning (you really must try it, all freshly cooked for you to order). The owners were extremely friendly and showed us around the other rooms in the hotels. They have obviously invested a lot of time and money into this small hotel and it shows. We will certainly be returning soon and bringing our daughter with us. Thoroughly recommended! Thank You for a wonderful stay."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007