Kistor Hotel overlooking Bowling Green on Torquay Seafront

kistor dump

Reviewed 22nd June 2016

"Basil faulty eat your heart out the Kistor a dump and didn't get no money back best entertainment was Chris no swimming pool although it advertised it very poor quality rate it 1"

• Travel date: 3rd June 2016

Birthday

Reviewed 23rd June 2014

"Have just stayed at the Kister for a week. Yes under going changes. But staff and management very helpful. We stayed last year. So a bit different this year but enjoyable just what the doctor ordered. After a tough 6 months. New staff doing well under Tony and Steve teaching. Karen Malvern"

• Travel date: 23rd June 2014

NEVER AGAIN !

Reviewed 10th June 2014

"May 2014 - Do not stay at the Kistor Hotel Torquay - We stayed for one night & that was too long. We had, had a lovely week in Torquay & decided to stay another night, our original hotel had no availability & so my husband booked the Kistor. Well, it was the worst £70 we have ever spent. We arrived to an idiot on the reception who thought he was funny, he gave us a key for room 20 & we had to find our own way to our room. We eventually opened the door & took one look, it was 1980's dated, dusty, carpet in holes, no hairdryer, iron/trouser press as described on your website, thick BLACK long hairs on the carpet & also around the bath & on the bathroom floor - disgusting, the bath couldn't have been cleaned in weeks as soap was all around it. One small hand towel & a floor towel for 2 adults & our son, I stayed in this room 5 minutes & then complained. The manager came upstairs, apologized & said he would move us next door to room 19, this room was a little cleaner but also dated & carpet thread bare, I asked for a refund because we felt we could not stay in this hotel for one minute longer after the original dirty room next door. He said 'no, he was covering for the manager ? & it not possible'. Before we used the 'facilities' in the bathroom (room 19), I had to clean them ! We went out for the evening & went back to our previous hotel to see if they could accommodate us for the night, they were fully booked - we had no choice but to stay. My son didn't sleep well, his bed needed to be thrown in the skip. Breakfast,was OK better than we thought & the waiter was very accommodating. We had loaded the car before breakfast so we could make a very quick getaway ! Since arriving home, just out of curiosity we have looked at the Kistor Hotel website - well we stayed in a different hotel to what is advertised, its a disgrace & they are getting away with it - what ever you do hold on to your well earned money because it grieves me to think we paid £70 of my husbands hard earned cash on the worse hotel we have ever stayed in ! I must also add, I have never reviewed anything before but felt under the circumstances I had to review the Kistor Hotel because I feel so strongly about it. Never again ! A refund is much needed. "

• Travel date: 31st May 2014

Coach holiday

Reviewed 30th May 2013

"Just returned from a coach holiday at this hotel we had a wonderful time our room number 54 was excellent wonderful views from the two windows of the sea, harbour and bowls green. the manager Peter and staff were so helpful nothing was too much trouble for them food of good quality and generous helpings Entertainment was good and a bus stop to town very convenient Ok it is in need of some refurbishment but for the cost we could not complain "

• Travel date: 29th May 2013

hotel kistor

Reviewed 9th July 2012

"just had a 1 week holiday at the kistor the food was great the entertainment was 1st class the staff were very polite and eileen the manager while the manager was away was very helpful do not exept 5 star hotel but you do get over and above its 2 star rating "

• Travel date: 9th July 2012

we stayed here

Reviewed 12th May 2011

"i have recently been to torquay and we stayed in the kistor hotel which look nice from the outside but once u got to your room things changed our room was above the kitchen which was noisey from 6am till about 11pm.The bathroom was disgusting the bath was dirty the shower pipe had black mould on it and came out when you used it the floor was black.The bedroom had damp mould on the walls and the wall papper was coming off the walls the tv didnt work much you only got 2 channels.the floor boards made noises where ever you were the deco needed updating.The food was nice the waiters were very nice they were allways dashing about the ceiling in the dining room needed painting or a new one is was horriable we didnt get chance to use the pool we were busy on our tours the entertainments were very good apart from the last night it was crap i have since done some research on this hotel and it has only got 2** not like the others hotels that have 4 or 5 stars so we wont be coming back here ."

• Travel date: 7th May 2011

Had Great Time

Reviewed 27th April 2011

"We stayed at the Kistor Hotel in mrach 2011 we had a great time the room was bril nice size and the view over looking the bay was just great .the room service was good clean towels and room cleaned everyday . The food was good and the staff were very helpful nothing to much of a problem . the evening entertainment was great and Peter was always a laugh and very freindly he made the Bingo a pleasure to play we hope to go back there again very soon ."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2011

absolute rubbish

Reviewed 22nd December 2010

"disgraceful pathetic skeleton manned place i have got the autorities to ckeck out the measures and the kitchens as they poisoned me"

• Travel date: 21st December 2010

very basic for the price we paid

Reviewed 9th September 2010

"the hotel room we had was terrible it was more like a bedsit the bathroom was disgracefull, very disapointing after looking so forward to our stay. the only good thing was so near the beech and shopping centre."

• Travel date: 8th September 2010

Love Torquay, not the breakfast.

Reviewed 9th August 2010

"Love Torquay. If you haven't been before you must see it.Stayed at the Kistor for three nights. Very dated, but if your over 60 it would be just like home. Room was clean, but basic,so take shower gel and bisuits, any home comfort. Parking is limited, and staff ok as long as you don't have any issues. Breakfast was a battle to get into the dining room, reminded me of the mad dash to leave school when the bell went. However, they didn't have a table for us so we would have to share with strangers, I said I wouldn't.Management treated me like I was senile or a nuisance. Had to share our breakfast table with six people we didn't know. Orange served in a shot glass, one marmalade pat between my husband and myself.Full english was served on a side plate, do I need to go on? You can get a very nice breakfast in many cafe's on the seafront, which we did for the rest of our stay. I can recommend the garage in the same street, we had a slight problem with the car, they resolved it and didn't rip us off. Your best bet using this hotel is if you come on a coach , have a blue rinse and don't forget your bingo pen.And, for goodness sake, don't complain."

• Travel date: 8th August 2010

very friendly and entertaining

Reviewed 16th July 2010

"3 of us travelled to the kistor the service was very good the dinning staff were execellent and the food was perfect stayed in room 40 the floor boards in the corridor could do with some screws in them to stop them creaking. also the fire doors could do with some kind of cushioning for when the early birds get up. possibly the shower could do with some attention as it runs hot and cold quite a lot"

• Travel date: 16th July 2010

it was ok for me and my husban we are newy weds

Reviewed 2nd June 2010

"we when with maxfield s ther in nov 5 for it was ok to stop the food cud have bean beter for useand we whant to sit on our own the best was going out at nite and the day was ok in the hotel cud have bean some think on after noons the bar and bar food was nice we was our honey moon ther it was nice rest ha ha .was glad to get home for a beter rest we my go back ther to the hotel "

• Travel date: 31st May 2010

Hotels near Hotel Kistor

Top traveller tips for Hotel Kistor

• by Francesa H

"Stear clear of kistor "

• by NEVER AGAIN !

"My tip would be not to stay !"

• by helen37

"look how many stars it has before u go and check out other hotels b4 u book"

• by Gerry and Linda

"use the swimming pool .saua ,"

• by 50 something Londoner

"Lovely beach, Boat trips brilliant.Great people."

• by inchy005

"went to dartsmouth brill place"

• by david112

"Bygones, Paignton zoo., Steam railway at Paignton, Buckfast Abbey"

Hotel Kistor is also called