external

Good

Weekend 6th to 9th Jan 2017

Reviewed 24th April 2018

"Service was fine. Nicely decorated and carpeted assembly rooms and stairs. Room was very small although got a sea view as requested, even if it was quite away off. Clean bedding. Very warm with heating on and only limited ventilation. i.e. Opening windows. Strange smell in bathroom and shower was complicated and either too hot or too cold Meals were fine. Wifi only obtainable in lounge near to reception. GB tours trip. We were told hotel would close for a few weeks after this for some refurb, so some improvements may be made"

• Travel date: 14th January 2017

Torbay Court Hotel

Good
Reviewed 1st June 2015

"Just had a long weekend at this Hotel as part of a coach package and found the staff very pleasant and helpful, the hotel clean and tidy and the food good. For the price great value for money but don't have the packed lunch sandwiches, they were awful. "

• Travel date: 1st June 2015

Great 3 nights .

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I found the hotel comfortable and affordable. Food was good service excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Shops easy walking distance and sea 5 minutes away. The only thing I would change is the dinner time which was at six much too early for me."

• Travel date: 30th March 2009

a happy experience, with some surreal moments

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Torbay Court was in a good location close to the town centre and ideally placed for the calming seafront. However for once the "location, location , location" motto must be ignored!! The hotel room was cold, jackets were required in the evening. The decor was unique to this century, you need to watch UK Gold or the History Channel to see similar. The bathroom holds more horror though, the water from the shower was either scalding hot or freezing cold, not ideal for the strict 8.30 breakfast!! The bathroom suite was a vivid dark green, with a white toilet seat to add to the ambience!! was The rooms were clean and tidy with plenty of towels, tea coffee etc. The staff were friendly, especially the fantastic bar staff who did their best . The entertainment was an experience, could even be described as surreal!! It was worth the cost just to see the entertainment. Again, as one other reviewer noted, I also expected Basil Faulty to appear at any moment. The stay was a happy experience for a short stay. While the hotel has faults, it has a certain charm that must be experienced, and it undoubtedly provided good value."

• Travel date: 29th March 2009

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"The reception where we were greeted is awful with a stupid little dog that is barking and running all over the hotel I even saw it run into the kitchen. The entertainment was very poor compared to other hotels we have stayed in. Never again thankyou"

• Travel date: 24th February 2009

Back to the 70's

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Thought i had gone back in time to the 70's, the rooms were small and pink and had an old council flat appeal. The manageress of reception was a sour faced unhelpful woman. Any complaint was frowned upon and you were treated with contempt and like a child. The best bits were the restaurant staff and the cleaning ladies, all friendly and worked hard. Would not recommend this place ever."

• Travel date: 13th October 2008

happy holiday

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"we had a long weekend break at the torbay court hotel,the food was excellant and the staff lovely,the only down side was the shower,either cold or to hot..we will visit the hotel again."

• Travel date: 18th September 2008

The hotel was Charming

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I have read some of the peoples reviews of this hotel, and as I got back to my house 1I/2 hours ago, I could not wait to get pen to paper ( as it were!! ). The staff at this hotel were magic, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. and that includes those lovely girls in reception including Norma .And the restaurant staff the waitresses were marvellous, we had Sue waiting on our No.9 table ,and I told her she was worth her weight in gold. The food was the best we have had in a long time, and how anyone can say nasty things about the hotel and staff...want thier brains looked at. The room was clean and well decorated and quite roomy for our needs. Well done all the staff at the Torbay Court hotel.I shall tell all my friends about you and we will be going back there again....Llanelli Daniel."

• Travel date: 18th August 2008

Not flexible at this hotel

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Just come back from a trip with a coach load of sociable 40 - 50 year olds. We were told straight away that breakfast was at 8.30 and tea at 6.00 pm, that was it, no flexibility at all. The lack of customer service as apparant and we felt almost like nusiance visitors or naughty children. Food was plentiful especially the orange juice that was recycled from breakfast to tea time. We had to order our evening meal at breakfast which we got used to but one poor woman forgot to do this on our last day and you would have thought that she'd asked for a lottery win when she took her request to the reception desk as this was frowned upon. The entertainment consisted of one man and his organ, luckily there was a couple of good pubs locally. If you are over 70 and/or liked to be frowned at by the management, you may enjoy it here but I think I'm going to avoid it in the future."

• Travel date: 27th March 2008