Westwood

Good

Wow!!!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Just imagine:
a room with a wide flatscreen tv, DVD player, a selection of DVD's, a king bed covered in Egyptian cotton linen with pillows of varying sizes, a tray full of tea, coffee and soft drinks, beautiful window dressings, fabulous fabric covering the relaxing chair, walls painted in contemporary soft colours to complement the other soft furnishings, exquisite hand wash and body lotions, huge white fluffy towels, mood lighting, a huge bath, a power shower, a hostess with the mostest and what have you got? The Westwood of course. And then there are the organic breakfasts specially prepared by Helen, the enthusiastic hostess/owner. Make the Westwood your preferred B&B in Ilfracombe and you will leave with that incredibly warm, relaxed, pampered feeling that experiencing only the best things in life can do for you. You will be disappointed if you don't stay here."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of June 2007

A wonderful place to stay

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"We stayed at Westwood over a fine and sunny May weekend. From the moment we pulled into the driveway on the Friday afternoon, until the second we said a reluctant goodbye late Sunday morning, the hospitality extended by Helen was second to none.

Westwood is a gorgeous light and airy house and we found our room to be the same - bright, beautifully presented and very spacious (although, apparently there is an even bigger room) with wonderful views.

The bed was incredibly comfortable - so much so that we enjoyed better sleep than we do in our own bed at home!

Breakfast was available from 8:00 - 10:00 (none of this 9:00 - 9:30 nonsense that some B&Bs impose on their guests) and Helen was happy to serve up pretty much whatever we wanted. On the Sunday morning a basket of soft warm croissants appeared unannounced but were most welcome!

Helen mentioned 11 The Quay as a good place to eat and drink and this advice was spot-on - we enjoyed a nice leisurely evening in here and would recommend it to anyone visiting Ilfracombe.

We like Ilfracombe and had visited once before, staying elsewhere. I'm sure we'll return but only when we can stay at Westwood again - I don't think anywhere else would be the same."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Great Boutique B&B in Ilfracombe

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Found this property via Trip Advisor and enjoyed our stay so much that I feel compelled to add to the other comments recommending this B&B. Helen, the owner, is really lovely and gave us a warm welcome and good advice for dining out etc. We had the 'best' room which has a bath as well as shower in the ensuite. Contemporary and stylish furnishings (TV & DVD in room too), luxury toiletries, great views, really comfy bed and plentiful/good breakfast!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of November 2006

Absolutely great

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"We stayed here for one night in August and really enjoyed it. It's a beautiful house and the room we stayed in was also great. Very spacious and nicely decorated. Breakfast was also great. This is definitely one of the best B&B accommodations I have stayed in and I can recommendate it to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

How B&B should be!!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I was originally looking for a hotel in the area as I did not want to stay in one of the very many 1970's style dingy B&B's of which there seems to be plenty in this part of the world. I have often been dissapointed with accomodation when travelling as I like to think I should be able to expect somethig that is at least as good as home (preferably better) and most places miss this by a mile. Westwood is the exception to this rule and I wish it could be duplicated many times over! It is a superb bed and breakfast with a wondeful atmosphere. Rooms are very light and airy and beautifully decorated. The beds are extremely comfortable and breakfast is absolutely perfect. Helen is a very friendly and welcoming host. The property has been lovingly and respectfully renovated and has a very peaceful atmosphere. You will not fail to enjoy your stay and will definately get excellent value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Truly Beautiful B&B!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Was looking for someone nice to stay for one night before embarking on a weekend of surfing and camping in Croyde and The West Wood exceeded all my expectations. The house is gorgeous and Helen the owner made us feel so so welcome. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and the whole house has a real sense of style without being over bearingingly ultra stylised. Will definately return and as you may tell I can't stop going on about how excellent the place is...oh must also say...breakfast was lovely too, we could've had anything we wanted, smoked salmon, cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, full english or whatever nothing was too much trouble. All this for total of £75.00 for two people and breakfast in a stunning double room. Bargain I think."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of August 2006

Fantastic place

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"A last minute decision and a tip-off from a reliable source landed us in this beautiful house for one of the best weekends we've had in ages. Fabulous decor, luxury furnishing, a warm freindly welcome and breakfast to die for; truly one of the best places we've stayed. A great base for surfing north devon: with a glass of wine in a roll-top bath at the end of the day to keep you going! Can't wait to return."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

Wonderful

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I have just had a wonderful stay at this contemporary, friendly B & B. The room was really lovely with lots of little extras! Breakfast was excellent and very relaxed - am currently recommending Westwood to all my friends."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of June 2006

Probably the best B&B in North Devon

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We found this place by accident as it hasn't been open very long, but we were glad we did.

Although it's classed as a B&B it's more like a small boutique hotel. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The room came equipped with a widescreen TV and DVD player so we were able to enjoy a film after our night out at Damien Hirst's restaurant.

After a great nights sleep we were treated to an organic breakfast which was delicious and set us up for the day of walking ahead.

We've stayed in lots of good B&Bs and hotels over the years but credit where it's due, this is probably the best to date!"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of March 2006

Excellent B & B

Reviewed Fri 14th of August 2015

"Our family have just had the most wonderful time at this fantastic boutique B&B. All rooms are spotless and relaxing with that bit of extra comfort. Bathrooms very good. Helen is a lovely hospitable owner and delivers a first class service with truly lovely breakfast with lots of choice. We ( 8 of us) will certainly be visiting again. Thank you Helen"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of August 2015

Hotels near Westwood

Stayed at Westwood? Share your insight.