About Ilfracombe Holiday Park

• dvd cd player

Good

Ilfracombe holiday park

Reviewed Mon 21st of November 2016

"Don't ever be tempted by the pictures to go here...dirty damp and smelly.. toilet didn't flush had to keep filling it cistern.. dirty kitchen bedrooms living room the whole place stank..spent more time cleaning than holidaying.. mildew bedding..and carpets that looked like they had been rolled in mud dog hairs etc couldn't even tell what colour it was... never again worst place I've ever been Clubhouse like a working in a Man pub. No amusements for kids just a few machines for the whole site a tiny playground with a few things in it, I couldn't wait to leave and get home and shower and get the grime of us."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of October 2016

Seriously going down hill fast!

Reviewed Wed 21st of September 2016

"I've been staying at Sandaway since 2007 and to say I've seen better days is an understatement. Filthy apartments, even more tiles missing from the pool with algae rising to the service this place is seriously in need of funding/better management. Had to wait until 9am to get a frying pan which should have been provided and waited a further 40 minutes for it to arrive. Sadly we'll be changing holiday destination now!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2016

worst holiday ever

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2016

"We stayed here for 7 nights beginning of August we booked a bronze chalet for £558 we arrived on time and checked in must say staff was very friendly the chalet was a disgusting place very damp and mold present very dirty this place could seriously do with being knocked down the facilities was poor no entertainment during the day nothing really for kids a little place at the back of entertainment room was understaffed will say though the restaurant food was very good so all credit to the Chef Devon was a beautiful place a shame are holiday was ruined by accommodation. "

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of September 2016

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2016

"I booked a holiday for my hubby and I and our 17 month old. What a mistake that was. North Devon is beautiful don't get me wrong but John Fowlers Holiday Park was the worst I've been to so far. When we check in and got the key we went to unpack and as I was making the bed I found a "disgusting dirty pair of knickers" alongside the bed. I don't think they even cleaned the room. We were given a twin bed which I had asked for a double bed as my husband can't fit on a single bed. They finally managed to get another chalet for us once I complained. Then came the actual facilities.... NOTHING OPENS BEFORE 9am!!! So if you're like me and wake up at 6am because of my little one and want to take a dip in the pool, you can't! And the swimming pool loses at odd times. It seems every time I wanted to swim along with others the pool was closed. Never get a budget chalet. I paid almost £300 and got the worst chalet. It's not worth the money. I old of gone somewhere else for that price and would of got more for my money. There are no lights around the park so when it's dark you can't see anything if you're walking to the entertainment area. None of the games machines were working. I am truly very disappointed in this park. Everything was so scruffy and needs a renovation . I will not be coming back and I would encourage people to look elsewhere as you will not enjoy it. "

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2016

DO NOT GO HERE!!!!

Reviewed Wed 29th of June 2016

"We stayed in a bronze chalet which quite frankly should be knocked down and rebuilt, the carpets were filthy, whole place smelt damp and evidence of mold, sofa bed was all sunken and broken, kitchen was tiny and no cupboard space to store food, not even a drawer for the cutlery just shoved in the under sink cupboard, beds looked ancient and so uncomfortable, duvets had stains on, bathroom had no shower mixer tap or shower and took ages to run even to bath our baby, tried to get upgrade and wanted £90, the whole Park is a big disappointment in general, soft play area was barely worth putting together and chefs corner was quite frankly a dodgy burger van in disguise. So disappointed and won't ever be going to a John Fowler Park again!!!

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2016

WORST HOLIDAY WE HAVE EVER HAD!

Reviewed Wed 29th of June 2016

"We booked a bronze/budget chalet at Ilfracombe and as soon as we opened the door we wanted to go straight home. I'm quite happy to accept that the facilities may be basic but expect cleanliness. The chalet absolutely stank, the carpet and sofa (which had holes in) were damp with grime and dirt embedded into it. you felt as if you couldn't walk bare foot just in case you caught something and the mattress was ridiculously uncomfortable! Anyway we arrived there at 4pm on the Monday and were out the door the following morning - making a pact never to return here again!! lol "

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of June 2016

dissapointed

Reviewed Thu 16th of June 2016

"We have just had a "holiday" at Joh nFowlers Sandaway Holiday Park llfracombe, very disappointing, the fridge in our caravan was all rusty so was the microwave, the curtains didn't fit the windows,the bed was very uncomfortable , had to have the maintenance man to repair toilet as it didn't flush properly, still didn't work properly even after he had "mended" it, the "club" was a "reception area and a "cafe" entertainment was, well nothing really, we left a day early and told them the toilet still didn't work, the cooker was terrible, oven didn't work so couldn't cook anything even if i wanted to, we told the man who "mended" the toilet it still didn't work all we got from him was a shoulder shrug, i took the key to receptionist, told her we were leaving a day earlier than we should and she just said OK. first holiday at John Fowler and last."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2016

should br nuked

Reviewed Tue 28th of June 2016

"First of all, after a 5 hour drive, this is really not what we expected, for a start, the beds were uncomfortable and the mattress on the sofa bed was all lumpy and the springs where broken. There was a crack in the door and it did not lock properly. The chalet above us was boarded up an and the roof kept creaking. The mattresses on the beds where really uncomfortable. We where in chalet 305 in Devon coast, I really recommend upgrading to gold, or just cancelling.
The food is appalling and gave me food poisoning.

I HATE YOU JOHN FOWLER

Disgusting

Reviewed Tue 28th of June 2016

"Dirty damp accommodation no management available when requested . Rusty fridge TV a health and safety concern .towel rack on the floor complete upset left our holiday early ."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of June 2016

Save your money and health camp instead. HORRENDOUS!!

Reviewed Tue 28th of June 2016

"We were not expecting the Ritz when we booked here but we expected a clean and basic accommodation which would be a base for days out with our 3 children (1,4,6yrs). As soon as we opened the door we were hit by the smell of urine. We took our 2 dogs with us so we're expecting to stay in a bronze level pet friendly unit but this was not even worthy of dogs!!! Obvious urine and dog poo stains on the carpet!! Mold growing up the curtains and carpet. Dirty bath covered in old soar scum with sharp chipped bath enamel, feces/blood dried and encrusted on the mattress cover of the sofa bed, dirty plates in cupboard....the list goes on!!!! First thing then next morning we went to reception and were given another set of keys for a new apartment. Hurahhhh!!! Well, I open up the accommodation to find 5 lumps of chewing gum over the carpet and it was just as filthy. I walked straight back out. I was told there was nothing else. To cut a long story short...after 3days of arguments and resorting to posting pictures of the disgraceful accommodation and customer service over Facebook and Twitter, we were then upgraded to "gold" level accommodation. This was a choice from 4 options we were given? I was also told that these rooms were empty from the start....so why were we not offered them. "

Ilfracombe holiday park

Reviewed Tue 10th of May 2016

"Beautiful location we had a brilliant holiday...our chalet was immaculate..could not find any fault with the place..stripeys and staff were very friendly...thank you John Fowler for a great holiday. "

• Travel date: Tue 10th of May 2016

Damp, filthy, smelly, cold

Reviewed Wed 20th of April 2016

"We were in one of the older chalets which quite honestly should be bulldozed.
The smell of damp was overpowering.
No lock on bathroom door/door didn't close properly.
No shower/mixer tap so couldn't wash hair.
Only one heater for whole chalet that didn't work.
Oven incredibly old and took forever to heat up.
Filthy crockery/old food stuck on.
Food in fridge froze.
Fridge door kept opening and was rusty.
Cooker was rusty.
Carpet absolutely disgusting.
Sofa bed black with grime.
We got moved on our last night but all of our clothes smelled really really bad.
In the newer apartment the window was broken so couldn't be closed and oven was completely rusty with a broken door seal.
The John Fowker website says "we take pride in all grades of our accommodation" and use the term "home from home"
What a joke!
No one should stay in that hole. Staff not really interested but there were lots of people complaining so we're probably fed up.
Management nowhere to be seen.
I'm shocked that Devon health and safety haven't been called in!

• Travel date: Mon 4th of April 2016

Hotels near Ilfracombe Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Ilfracombe Holiday Park

• lcorney by lcorney

"We visited Watermouth castle - twice, the Tunnels and The Big Sheep - bit pricey for what was there. "

• sandwperry by sandwperry

"Love Devon,not John Fowler "

• english_monk by english_monk

"Chambercombe Manor - haunted house, Smugglers Restaurant, Ilfracombe pier "

• twicer by twicer

"very good evening entertainment "

• Polly by Polly

"They could try modernising their chalets we were in number 168. "

• Young couple by Young couple

"Stay in woolacomb if you can its lovely "

• Gobsmacked by Gobsmacked

"Don't go there in the first place "

• flowerpower11 by flowerpower11

"Stay out of the park! "

• m,r,r by m,r,r

"don't waste your time or money "

• steve evans by steve evans

"close down and revamp "

• Bla bla bla by Bla bla bla

"Don't book and don't o "

• George H by George H

"Don't go there look elsewhere. I felt like going home when I arrived being partly lied to for disability facilities, i never got what i asked for they gave it to someone else and they do not give your money back. "

• Kerri K by Kerri K

"Don't stay there!! Woolacombe bay hol parks are only slightly more expensive but definitely worth the extra!! "

• Pippa J by Pippa J

"do not book in the first place, go somewhere else "

• fordm by fordm

"Find out on the first day about bus times "

• Darren R by Darren R

"take plenty of disinfectant "

• Any by Any

"Don't go & avoid booking at all costs "

• JessicaB94 by JessicaB94

"tip - Don't ever stay here "

• Fusun C by Fusun C

"Not much to do in Ilfracombe, although it's very pretty anything to entertain the kids in about an hours drive away at a cost of around 330-£50 "

• Richard Patel by Richard Patel

"NO TIPS CLOSE THE WHOE SITE DOWN WITH IMMEDIATELY "

Ilfracombe Holiday Park is also called