Good

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed Mon 23rd of June 2014

"Stayed at The Ashton Court Hotel June 16th for 4 nights with Just Go Holidays, This is a 3 star hotel with a five star heart, Staff all really friendly and nothing was too much trouble, Our room was on ground floor, it was clean and comfortable with a bath and a shower, the bed was comfy and made with crisp white sheets, the food was good and deserts tempting,The sea views from this Hotel are really something special, have got to be some of the best in Devon, There is a beach walk that's mostly flat into town and a land train to give you a ride if you prefer Nick the manager is very hands on and works tirelessly to make sure yo enjoy your stay, even helping out with a bit of entertainment, he is a real character and has us in fits of laughter with his antics, great holiday, will certainly go back, loved it all, Faye & Geri "

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2014

pleased I didnt cancel

Good
Reviewed Tue 27th of August 2013

"I booked a 5 day stay with Just Go before I read the reviews on this hotel and was tempted to cancel. How pleased I am I didn't. We got a front room with a beautiful view. The food was good, the room was clean and basic.Plenty of hot water. The waitresses were very polite and helpful. I recognized Jackie from the reviews but she seemed ok. There again we had no complaints to put to her! Overall an enjoyable stay."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of August 2013

basic

Reviewed Mon 17th of September 2012

"My husband and I have just back from spending four nights at the HOTEL from 10TH TO 14TH Sept,room we were allocated was very small not a very good view from the window,bed not comfortable,blankets on bed instead of a duvet,carpets filthy,very basic, food was ok but breakfast could have had a better variety of options some fruit would have been nice,Staff ok and pleasant entertainment not bad. Not the standard we are used to. Decore dated could do with a full refurbish. "

• Travel date: Sat 15th of September 2012

Basic and ok

Reviewed Sat 30th of June 2012

"As a single traveller I have to say that my room was a fair size. It was clean but the bed is on it's last legs and carpets are worn with that slight damp smell. Linen and towels fresh, complimentary coffee/tea topped up daily. Loads of tv stations. Bar prices excellent and the food was varied, plentiful and lovely. Staff I interacted with were very helpful and friendly and the owner was hands on. Shops an easy stroll into town but for some reason it did not seem as easy to reach the sandy beach front if you have mobility problems. Evening entertainment is laid on free of charge. Two stars is a fair rating"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2012

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Just got back from Exmouth. The Aston Court didn't encorage me to enjoy my break. The owner told us meals times, then said be PROMPT, as if , be late if your dare.Meals weren't anything to write home about, room was just passable, but tired, needed hoovering when I arrived, and still needed it when I left. The place is almost run by the young people who work there. Our waiter was 15, and lovely, but if all staff were that age, they are unexperienced...We had to go looking for the bar person to be served, he was out in the garden. Nobody said goodbye to the coach when it left...see you again (which they won't) needs a facelift, but it still won't be welcoming"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of August 2009

Dont Go There!!

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"my wife & me have spent 5 days at this hotel, there was no welcome & the smell of fusty carpets was overpowering! dirty bedroom,shabby decor,poor food & a host who resembled Morticia Adams. How has the hotel got 2 stars? STAY AWAY!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

Will not return

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"The hotel needed a complete overall, the carpets were dirty and needed a good vacuuming, the bathroom was ok but the shower was either scalding hot or cold. The upper floors smelt of cigarette smoke the all five days we were there. The youths in the dining room tried their best . the food was adequate . Location was great and the views were terrific. The reception was unfriendly and disinterested. This hotel could be a 3 or 4 star hotel with a complete makeover."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of July 2009

Lets not go there

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I have just returned from a week at Ashton Court and shall I say I was less than impressed. The building is tired and needs updating. As for the cleaning side of things. Well. A vacume cleaner is desperatly needed so are dusters and polish. The food comes out on small dinner plates and is nothing to write home about. Very basic and dry. The waiters even though they are friendly try their best but are fighting a losing battle. Reception less than friendly. No smile, no welcome nothing. I certainly would not go back and would not recommend it to my friends even the ones I did not like. Bar prices not bad, entrtainment not bad but overall, sorry. Not impressed at all."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2009

renovations and vacuum cleaner needed

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Where to start? great location with wonderful seaviews. But: uncommunicative and unwelcoming receptionist; tired decor, rooms have drafty single glazed sash windows, carpets need vacuuming, bathroom dated, with poor shower that runs scalding or cold depending on who flushes the toilet etc. next door. Walls seem very thin and you can hear quite clearly conversations and other things in adjacent rooms. As for the dining room: also needed a good clean, as did the cutlery, milk jugs, glassware and tea / cofee pots. Food is adequate, but served by untrained, uninterested and untidy youths with filthy trousers and trainers. We stayed 4 nights as part of an all inclusive coach trip; otherwise would have changed hotels after 1 night."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of November 2008

booked for 7 but only lasted for 4

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"ashton court exmouth. beds clean but updating, staff in the dinning o/k, the inside of hotel is in great need of a face lift if continues to carge for 2/3 star hotel. glad we only were b/b and not full board if breakfast was to go by."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

tired looking

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Hotel is a bit tired looking. The bed was clean, towels were clean. Carpet needed a hoover. No biscuits. No shower gel, shampoo or hairdryer in room. Sea view if you have one is exceptional. Other than the sea view I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Receptionist was miserable. Breakfast wasn't very special. The Royal Beacon just down the road looked really nice and we all wished we had stayed there. As we were only there for two nights it was okay but if you are staying longer I would look somewhere else."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

Hotels near Ashton Court

Top traveller tips for Ashton Court

• Dizzy B by Dizzy B

"A beautiful beach and great view of the sea from this hotel - great for relaxation "

• Sheila S by Sheila S

"walking shoes it is situated on an hill. "

• Faith W by Faith W

"walk the beach walk, take in the wonderful sea views "

Ashton Court is also called