Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Warren Road Dawlish Warren, Dawlish EX7 0PG England

Good

Lovely small quiet family and pet friendly park close to the beach and local amenities

Reviewed 1 month ago

"Admit I was sceptical about staying here having read some of the reviews but was pleasantly surprised . Ideally situated just a pleasant 10 minute walk to the beach or a longer walk along the seafront path into Dawlish. Local shops and supermarkets selling some nice gifts and a Well stocked supermarket and delicious cafe/ bakery a short distance away . The camp itself is small with the caravans well spaced out and rooom to park besides the van .
Caravans are very comfortable and on the whole clean but could be better .Park is generally very clean and tidy and any issues should they arrive resolved very quickly. Parts of the site need to be updated and this is happening starting this year .
Stayed in a gold plus pet friendly caravan and it was great , full cooker fridge freezer etc . Ok there isn't a great deal of room in the bedrooms but who needs it !
For those travelling with pets you will find both the park and the surrounding area as a whole very pet friendly ."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2018

something from the 50's

Reviewed Mon 15th of August 2016

"Just returned from a week at Dawlish Sands and have to say below basic to put it politely. Arrived at 3.30pm for a 4pm check in. Finally got our Caravan key at 6.20pm.
Paid for Linen for it to be still packaged waiting to be put on. Cleanliness was to be desired and thick dust on shelves.
A Caravan meant to be able to sleep 8 is extremely questionable. By no means enough storage for amount off people and the fridge was service for a single person not 8.
Real shame as the site has real potential if someone only had the insight, time and effort to pull it of. "

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2016

Ms ingram

Reviewed Wed 13th of April 2016

"Fantastic go every year!
Go again in July
We were very happy with everything.
Go go go!!enjoy!
The evening bingo and shows fab!
Level walk to beach or cock wood along safe lane way
Bus stop right outside
Train few minutes walk,Exeter,TorquayTteinmouth and Dawlish not far
Lots to see and do.if feeling up to it lovely walk to Dawlish along coast or cliff."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of April 2016

Avoid like the plague

Reviewed Wed 11th of November 2015

"Just returned from Dawlish sands for the first and last time, really disappointed and very embarrassed as we went with family and friends. Let's start with the pool…it and surrounding areas were filthy with only one shower and small changing rooms…it was a joke that me and the kids refused to change or shower there and walked back in are swimsuits. We asked for a locker key to be told they all had been stolen. The pool needs to be cleaned and updated.

The club house at Dawlish was busy all week we had paid for half board and get less then that. We arrived on the Saturday 24th on Sunday the 25th my husband asked for the roast dinner and was told no ask they are running the food down…had we been told this at booking we wouldn't have added food to the deal. The bar also ran out of fruit shoots, J2o’s and still water…yes even the water had gone. By the end of the week they only had 3 desert left and most of the dinners had been crossed off the menu…it got so bad the bar stuff were embarrassed to cross of more and you only found out when trying to order. Breakfast starts at 9am my kids are used to eating at 7/7:30am so waiting till 9am was hard for them.

The only plus was Terry and the team they did a lot with the kids in the day and kept up the entertainment at night…Well don't to them

We booked a gold caravan and it was ok…some bedding was ripped but it's not like I was taking it home so didn't care too much…however when we opened the bedroom window we were greeted with a load of flys living in the frame… needless to say we closed the window and didn't open them again.

Oh and the character walk-through were cancelled every day.

I have emailed park holiday and as of yet I've been ignored. Not happy and would never go back there or to any other park holiday again.

• Travel date: Sat 7th of November 2015

Don't care attitude

Reviewed Thu 10th of September 2015

"We (2 adults and 2 children) stayed at Dawlish sands the first week of the school summer holidays July 2015. The caravan was fine, clean and comfortable, we took our dog too so were worried the van would be tatty as housed dogs but we we wrong and it was nice. We arrived at 3.30 pm (paid for early check in) at 8.15pm my 11 year old daughter fell outside the caravan on a ditch in the grass that was covered with grass grown over it. She Broke the radius and ulna bone in her left forearm and also dislocated it. I rang 999 immediately and the paramedic arrived. Due to the dislocation she needed gas and air so the paramedic could manipulate the arm as it was turning blue and very cold. She was taken to hospital and operated on the following day. Since we returned home, I've been in contact with Dawlish sands and they have wiped their hands with the incident. Apparently they haven't had any accidents in 8 years and consider their grounds well maintained!!! I don't!!! My daughter has missed the whole summer being in plaster and is still missing sports and other activities both Inside and outside of school! They just don't care! Be warned! "

• Travel date: Wed 9th of September 2015

relax!!!

Reviewed Mon 6th of July 2015

"For such an affordable price you couldn't go wrong with a short break at Golden sands. The site is perfectly placed for beach and town. The staff are friendly, professional and keen for you to have a good time. The accommodation was clean and well equipped. Having the beds already made up was bliss especially after a long journey. The added bonus of pets going free was brilliant. Another economy to an already low price. Would definitely go again and have no hesitations in recommending this particular site. Look forward to visiting other locations in the future. "

• Travel date: Sat 4th of July 2015

return holiday

Good
Reviewed Tue 5th of May 2015

"We stayed last July for a midweek break have a lovely Tim. Stayed at golden sands in March and booked again for June for another break. We love the surrounding area and have no complaints with either park. Like Dawlish sands most as location is better."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of May 2015

Great

Reviewed Tue 5th of May 2015

"If you want an affordable holiday this is perfect for all the family,great prices good entertainment, close to the beach every thing you need with out having to drive any where."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of May 2015

Best Holiday ever

Reviewed Mon 20th of April 2015

"Spent out 1st Family holiday at Dawlish Sands and I can honestly say don't listen 2 the reviews who say it is bad place 2 go.We stayed there for a week from 13th of April until 17th April 2015 and it was the best holiday park we been 2 staff very helpful and friendly,Accommodation was really good everything was clean.The facilities were very good and at night the Entertainment was fantastic good shows were put on by Terry & the crew,So I would say if u want a relaxing holiday wit family then book this park,We had a handicap son and all the staff were friendly and helpful towards my son."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of April 2015

Don't go there!!!!!!!

Reviewed Mon 8th of September 2014

"When we arrived for our only holiday this year, we were met with a filthy caravan, stinking of Febreeze , which made us all feel ill. A duvet had obviously been vomited on and we were supposed to be using it, the insides of the cupboards had thick grease running down the insides, the table top was not fixed to the base and subsequently tipped up onto my young son and the oven had no shelves inside so we couldn't have used it. As I had paid extra to upgrade to a Silver Caravan, I was shocked and disgusted.
I did advise reception about the table and the duvet. Another duvet was brought to the van, but the table wasn't even looked at.
By 8.30pm on the evening of arrival, we all had had enough and decided to leave and make the long journey back to Derbyshire. Even my children didn't want to stay in that van. I advised the Warden, gave him the key and left.
I emailed Park Holidays the next day, voicing my concerns and asking for a reply and compensation, but have yet to receive a reply.
I was totally disgusted at the state of this caravan and would have been interested to see a 'Standard' van if ours was a Silver.
I will never go there again and will certainly not recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2014

Avoid Dawlish Sands find better !!!!

Reviewed Mon 7th of July 2014

"After a short break 4 days at Dawlish Sands we have to say what a tired ,dirty shabby caravan with mold everywhere, smell of urine, everything falling apart, broken fridge, I had to clean caravan just to stay in it!! I got a bad chest from the mold. The clubhouse needs to be rebuilt and is not worth buying a pass for and the site shop is a joke! Everything needs updating and replacing and also I paid for bedding and to be put on the beds yet it wasn't nor provided and I still haven't got my money back which is not right. They had no other caravan to move us to and everyone was complaining at reception and wanted moving but they had no caravans left to home us in. Dawlish Warren is nice but my advice is stay away and find better!"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2014

Avoid Dawlish Sands Holiday Park

Reviewed Tue 10th of September 2013

"I have just returned from a weeks holiday at Dawlish Sands holiday Park. We payed a lot for a gold plus caravan as wanted to stay in a nice caravan for our holiday. What a waste of money as the caravan was shabby and cheap looking and there was mold every were including over the curtains. The staff said they could not do anything and could not move us as camp fully booked. The club house was small and dingy looking- The only positive was the kids staff did a good job putting on games and activities for the kids but the site and the accommodation spoils it . Avoid this caravan park it's a big let a down.

• Travel date: Sun 1st of September 2013

Hotels near Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Stayed at Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

• Sally M by Sally M

"Don't expect the facilities of some larger parks it's a smaller less busy park , enjoy the friendly staff , the surrounding area and beautiful walks "

• ranger_bob by ranger_bob

"Go and enjoy yourselves, it's great "

• mavispruitt by mavispruitt

"Dont go there, save your money! "

• kate317 by kate317

"Dont stay their avoid!! "

• Karen S by Karen S

"Only go if you don't mind a dirty van and a very old, dated park. "

• Sue C by Sue C

"Leave the car at the park and walk 2 beach. "

• porterd2 by porterd2

"enjoy having everything without having to drivr anywhere "

• jjgirl by jjgirl

"There is plenty of info. available for local attractions. "

• Gemma B by Gemma B

"Take your own food and drinks "

• Charlotte M by Charlotte M

"Take cleaning materials and basic food supplies with you. "

Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK is also called