Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Oudoor Pool in the evening

Good

What can I say

Reviewed 8th September 2016

"Absolutely shocking!!! Does not cater for the disabled. Guests allowed to vape/smoke e-cigarettes inside club house & allowed to smoke cigarettes around the pool area - cigarette butts scattered throughout the pool area & all over the park. Anybody could enter the site as passes were not checked which meant the club house/swimming pool over-run with non-paying guests. One person serving behind the bar and it took at least half an hour to be served...the one bar staff was not at fault though. We were given an apartment which was supposed to cater for the disabled, unfortunately it was at the other end of the park not near to the amenities & we also had steps to climb even though we specifically stated that we had a disabled person in our party. On Saturday night at 4 am we were woken by screaming & shouting & police walkies talkies, the neighbors decided to kick the hell out of each other, but still were not thrown off the site! Guests were using their mattresses & pillows as a trampoline outside the apartment, but no security present to stop this barbaric behavior. It was supposed to be a break for my disabled dad & mum as this was the only holiday they could manage this year & turned out to be an absolute nightmare. We complained to the receptionist but she was rude and unaccommodating. I wouldn't return if it was free!!!!"

• Travel date: 31st August 2016

golden sands dawlish

Reviewed 15th July 2016

"i wish i had seen the reviews before we booked our holiday every one is so true the caravan we were supposed to stay in was disgusting and the same for our son, daughter in law and three small children we didn't see much of the site as we refused to stay in the caravans. we were transferred to the Dawlish Sands site just down the road, to a gold caravan which was nice, but meant we all had to share as it was the only one available ( but much better than staying in golden sands what a name it should be mucky sands park ) Dawlish Sands site was quite clean the staff were very nice but no body cared what was happening on site the people in the caravan just down from us let there children swing from the caravan door and run around screaming till the early hours of the morning. We also paid extra for passes so the children could use the swimming pool etc but at no time did any one ask to see them so that was another waste of money. We had traveled 6hours to Golden Sands Dawlish I cant put into words how disappointed we all were the only thing i can say is if you are thinking of going there then please please please dont it is horrible there are so many nice places out there trust me this is not one of them. Had we had not been transferred we would have come home."

• Travel date: 15th July 2016

Bar staff "attitude, rude" vans need inspection

Reviewed 8th July 2016

"Firstly, we arrived at the golden sands camp, we booked via the Sun. The Staff we're friendly at the desk. I was Told we had chalet driving around later to find we had a caravan. This was bronze it was (okay) We Walked in and it stunk of wet dog! Absolutely shocking they claim the vans get cleaned. They may want to invest into a steamer of some sort. We Didn't use the cooker it was bogging. We took our own bedding but they did leave fresh lining we still didn't use them. (I stated we didn't want them as they did try and Bill me before arrival) I did take Cleaning products, thank god I did! I then come across by sweeping lots of dog hair left from previous holiday makers, but I was told the cleaners did clean. Maybe use a Hoover. Entertainment staff and pool side staff fantastic. 10/10 for them what lovely people. As for the bar staff and the menus think both need a re vamp. Asked a question in the morning the gentlemen was in full conversation about his social life, answerd myself with attitude then carried on with his conversation lol. "Customer service" I did complain to what I think was the team leader. (Nice chap) Items on menus which were no longer available need to get sorted. As for the full English it couldn't fill a baby! Yet it was close to £7.00 "

• Travel date: 8th July 2016

Worst accommodation ever

Reviewed 16th September 2015

"The site is very unkempt, covered in litter of all sorts. The actual accommodation was dirty and basic. Will not be returning ever - there are nice places to visit in the area though. "

• Travel date: 14th September 2015

How can we get them closed down?

Reviewed 8th September 2015

"What a terrible place. Where do I start? Please do not waste your family holiday money on this terrible place. It should be condemned. Dirty, old, uncared for, with staff that genuinely don't care. Cold pool, cold showers with pitch back changing facilities (if you could call them that)!"

• Travel date: 29th August 2015

If only I had read the reviews before going to this disgusting place

Reviewed 17th August 2015

"This company is the worst I've dealt with!! The customer service is terrible and when I reported things they were never sorted!! The place we stayed in was disgusting the doors never shut and their was what can only be described as an ash tray and lots of rubbish out side right by a 5 and under play area!! Lots of other issues to this place to!! Horrible place and I will never return "

• Travel date: 16th August 2015

Vile pit

Reviewed 10th August 2015

"Avoid at all costs ! Stinking dump ! Unless you have a gold plus caravan don't bother . It's criminal they allow people to stay in such awful accommodation! Dirty Stains Urine smells Full of smoke Caked in dirt "

• Travel date: 9th August 2015

would never go to the dirty hole again

Reviewed 5th May 2015

"Caravan was dirty and moldy the shower had mould all round sides of it it smelt like wet dirty dog but we were told on the phone it was a no dogs carava we only had cold and warm water through the weekend it was freezing cold the gas fire didn't work we had one little heater in the bedroom that wen we did turn on it made the floor go a burning color (fire risk) wouldn't cook in the caravan cups plates glasses work disgusting like they haven't been cleaned for months I also got bit 6 times in the night looks like flee bits would never go back to the horrible dirty hole made me and my girlfriend feel I'll!!!"

• Travel date: 5th May 2015

WHAT AN ACTUAL DUMP

Reviewed 2nd September 2014

"Complete dump, and that's an understatement. There is food and mess all over the place in the restaurant, the tables were sticky and we had to wipe them ourselves. We also took a buggy and had to lift it into most places as there were not any ramps. The swimming pool was tiny, changing area filthy. We paid for gold, when we compared our caravan with the website it matched the bronze."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2014

Poorly run, untidy & unprofessional

Reviewed 12th August 2014

"We had stayed here a few years ago before Park had taken over this site and had a very enjoyable holiday, however on arrival the site looked tired and untidy, conflicting information from reception staff and a very uninterested attitude. The caravan had not been cleaned it had sweet and crisp wrappers on the floor in both bedrooms the kitchen floor was sticky, the toilet brush and holder had excrement on it from previous occupants. no security as we were never asked to produce our entertainment passes. However the entertainment was good. "

• Travel date: 12th August 2014

Sould be removed from Daily Mail promotions, Grim.

Reviewed 30th June 2014

"If you come in from Dawlish Warren Road end, good luck trying to find reception as they don't post signs for it. The site is more like a competition to see who can get the most caravans in a set space. Bit like Tetris! We upgraded to a Gold caravan, not cleaned, dirty smears and dust, urine etc. on and around toilet, mold in shower. Not a very good reaction when complained. No gas safety notice, AND the person behind reception asked me in a sarcastic tone of voice if it should be done every year!! As someone who used to issue Landlord Gas Safety notices, Yes madam, it does! Crockery was mix and match, cracked and chipped, bits of green food stuck to cutlery, lipstick on smears on glasses. Ironically, Park Holidays have another site just along the road which is much, much better. "

• Travel date: 29th June 2014

Filthy Hovel

Reviewed 10th June 2014

"The issues I had on my four night stay with my family: I received a telephone call the day prior asking what bedding we needed. During this conversation I asked if it was bunk beds (which is what I expected) the woman on the phone said no it was two twins and that the sofa pulled out into a bed (this was not the case). I asked for both singles to be made up and the double. On arriving the double and one single was made up. So I called reception to change this, an hour and half later two very rude women arrived. I also asked for extra pillows on the double as only two thin ones where provided. My elderly mother jokingly said to the house keepers my daughter says it needs the Hotel inspector here. To which one of the housekeeping team scrunched her face and said, “does this face look bothered”. Disgraceful customer service, clearly she had not received any training. The top bunk on the bunk bed was missing a safety rail, a young child would have not been safe using this bed, should the bed come away from the wall a child could become trapped. The next morning we wanted to cook breakfast, the oven/grill was not working correctly so everything had to be cooked on the hobs. All the windows had to be opened as the fire alarm would go off. The extractor fan did not work correctly and sounded like a tractor on the verge of breaking down. Despite reporting, it was not resolved. The shower room was tiny and covered in mold, water leaked past the seal covering the floor. I reported the mold, the young man who came out to deal with the mold stated he struggled to get the mold of and it looked as though the shower need to be resealed and re-grouted. You should have an extractor fan in that room. I wanted to dry my hair in the bedroom in front of a mirror, there was no plugs in any of the bedrooms. Why have stand up heaters in them if they can’t be plugged in. In my search for plugs I found mold . This was worse in the room my daughter and I slept in, the photos really do not show how bad it actually was. This was cleaned by the young man who tried to deal with the bathroom following my request. It is clear that the house keepers rarely clean behind furniture this has taken time to build up. I’m pretty certain mold spores can be hazardous to health when breathed in, particularly for those with respiratory conditions. The sock and dirty tissue where not mine another example of how poor the house keeping is. Why are these rooms not checked? Broken blind in lounge which I had to roll up by standing on the table. Blinds did not block out adequate light so therefore my daughter woke early every morning. Only one sofa that's seats two, for a four birth chalet which was very uncomfortable. The TV signal was terrible and needed retuning at least once a day. Broken guttering on corner of chalet which water poured from when raining. The onsite bathrooms where disgusting. Damp on an internal wall next to shower room, paint work bubbling and falling off. Squashed dead bug on the wall, no one had bothered to clean. Wall in bedroom had stains down it, all across one wall. I asked for a mop because the shower leaked we never got this so had to use our own towel on a filthy floor. Dust all around the skirting, skirting in lounge area near door has come away probably through damp. The limited plates and glasses where dirty and we had to wash them before use. Swimming pool absolutely filthy, not somewhere I would walk through barefoot. The ground where potholed and uneven bad enough for cars but even worse when you have a aging parent with mobility issues. Cigarettes and rubbish thrown around the children's play area. After reporting some issues and waiting around for them to be resolved I became fed-up with reporting things. I was told we could go out, but I didn’t really want strangers in a room with mine and my families things. The accommodation was supposed to be gold, I hate to think what silver and bronze would look like. My holiday was spoiled because of these problems. I will never use Park Holidays and certainly wont be recommending them. "

• Travel date: 31st May 2014

Hotels near Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Top traveller tips for Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

• by R holiday

"There were a few parks around dawlish maybe take a look at those.Use the entertainment and pool, the onsite shop isn't to bad. A little slow..."

• by Rhian C

"Knock it down and rebuild ! Stop people smoking in there "

• by craigsmith

"close it down! caravan s are dirty moudy and a fire risk"

• by mikeyb06

"Ensure you have activities outside of site to go to"

• by justinaleigh

"Avoid the place. I was told that they have made improvements, hate to think what it was like before."

• by Dump

"Don't go to golden sands holiday park"

Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK is also called