Good

Excellent location and value - a gem

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"We stayed two nights mid-week in the height of summer and received a warm welcome from the host. Rooms are small as you would expect given the age of the property however the view out over the harbour is stunning. Rooms well equipped and the breakfast was exactly right. Fantastic value for money and hope to stay again one day."

• Travel date: 10th August 2009

any time with pleasure again

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"very centrally situated brilliant look about the harbour from the window tasty breakfast very friendly staff"

• Travel date: 31st July 2009

An excellent location - 5 star views at 3 star prices

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"First time in Brixton and extremely pleased with the choice of hotel. I looked for something near to the harbour but not at a lowish price. This fit the bill perfectly. Room was clean, comfortable, cosy and really made to feel at home. Nice, fresh breakfast served by an owner who really took an intrerest in us - without overcrowding us. There was no car parking actually at the hotel, which with the sea views would've probably raised the prices greatly, but there was a reserved space just below the hotel on the quay. This was free and available for the duration of the stay. I didn't find this inconvenient as we pulled up outside the hotel (on a narrow busy road but we were only here for a few minutes) to drop off main bags, then receive a permit for the parking space. There was a bit of a climb up steps from the car but only 5 minutes which may be a problem for less able people. However as the car park was on the quayside and was on the way to all facilities, we always went past so were able to pick up extra items later. Definitely not a problem for the average person. I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: 24th July 2009

Clean, Friendly B&B. Great location to the harbour, Friendly, helpful staff

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"Clean, Friendly B&B. Great location to the harbour, Friendly, helpful staff. Would recommend and stay again if in the area. Very good prices and excellent choices at breakfast time. A+++++ hotel!"

• Travel date: 22nd July 2009

Very warm welcome and a clean and tidy hotel and room - excellent!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"Stayed for 2 nights in July and have to say that this hotel will provide you with everything you need at a reasonable price. They also offer parking facilities which are very much needed in Brixham otherwise you will have to pay which is not particularly cheap. The owners are especially friendly and helpful and the stay was very enjoyable."

• Travel date: 21st July 2009

Hotel Review

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Our overall stay at Harbour View was excellent. The hotel was in a great location overlooking the harbour. Our room was roomy and clean and presentable. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very enjoyable. Would recommend to friends and family."

• Travel date: 19th July 2009

Great. I'm going back again

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Excellent B&B with fantastic harbour views. Being a keen sailor I love to be near, hear and see the sea. Harbour View has that in buckets. When you add in the very clean rooms, friendly staff and overall comfort then what more could you want? Ok the rooms are slightly tired in look but I'm more interested in cleanliness which was impeccable."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2009

Great Location

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"For a Birthday treat I went to Brixham with my partner. We chose Harbour View on the recommendation of a friend and were not disappointed. The name says it all. Right on the habour with the most amazing views of Torbay and Brixham, beautiful, even in cold, blusterly March. The room was amazingly clean, the cleanest of many B&Bs I have stayed in although a little on the small side. Karl was welcoming and efficient and reserved parking is right on the quay side which must be a boon in the summer. My only quibbel was being given a potato croquette instead of hash brown? for breakfast! We will certainly be going there again as I understand from Karl, many of his guests do."

• Travel date: 13th May 2009