Superior super king size room with river view

Good

Excellent hotel, friendly, welcoming a pleasure to stay in.

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I was fortunate to be able to stay at The Orcherd Hill Hotel for a three month period, (3 nights each week, Sept-Dec 2009) while I fulfilled a contract with a local company. The hotel proved to be a superb base, providing a great start to the day at breakfast, and giving a homely and welcoming feeling in the evening. Menu was brilliant and given length of stay, food 'off menu'' was suggested by chef/staff to ensure I didnt get 'bored' with the choice available on the menu. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. If you want a good base (great views over Bideford and the river estuary) with easy walking access to the town and the South West Coast path, this is where you need to be!!"

• Travel date: 4th January 2010

Most Welcoming and Excellent Service

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Jonathan and Annie are perfect hosts. Rooms are spacious and clean. Food is of the highest quality, especially the freshly caught fish. Jonathan compiled a weeks golf holiday package for me and 7 other players. A fantastic feedback from all the group praising the courses and hotel Thank you VERY much, EXCELLENT."

• Travel date: 22nd September 2009

Exceptionally friendly hospitality and excellent food.

Reviewed 28th December 2012

"Husband and wife owners Jonathan and Annie provide a very warm welcome, comfortable rooms and the excellent breakfasts are complemented by superb food in the evenings in the Encore restaurant. A lovely, intimate hotel in the perfect location for exploring North Devon beaches and countryside. Especially highly recommended for families and groups."

• Travel date: 15th August 2009

Not impressed

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Unlike some of the reviewers, we were not impressed with our experience at the Orchard Hill Hotel. Our welcome was somewhat cool, perhaps because we declined the overpriced breakfast option. Our room was located downstairs and had a definite musty smell. The restaurant was not open, it being a Monday, so we were given directions to a far off location rather than one of the many restaurants nearby, one of which we tried and found very satisfactory."

• Travel date: 26th July 2009

Friendly and clean with lovely views

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"We were immediately impressed with this hotel. The owner gave us a warm welcome and was very informative. Our room was lovely and had a big bay window overlooking Bideford with views of the river. It was only a short walk down to the town centre so it's situation was perfect. The hotel was signposted and easy to find. It had a good size car park. We only had breakfast here and it was very nice. In all, this is an excellent little hotel which is good value for money."

• Travel date: 15th July 2009

Very honest review of Orchard Hill Hotel

Reviewed 28th December 2012

"On arriving at Orchard Hill Hotel after a 6 hour journey we were told we had to have dinner almost immediately if we wanted to eat in the hotel as they had a large party booked for dinner that evening. Not exactly a warm welcome. Our room was good value for money although I would recommend that the description of the bathrooms does say "no bath" and very small shower. And the bed in our room was terrible! Sorry to say that as it seems harsh but I think they should invest in new beds. We stayed for 3 nights and did not receive any clean towels which I think should be changed if you are staying 3 nights or more. Breakfast was very good! And the hotel dog is lovely! On checking out we were not asked if everything was okay and if we enjoyed our trip. I think we must have stayed there on a bad weekend after reading other reviews on this hotel."

• Travel date: 14th July 2009

Excellent all around, a most enjoyable stay

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We found this hotel via the internet and from our first contact it was a very enjoyable experience. Annie and Jonathan were wonderful hosts. Breakfasts were super and the Sunday lunch was delicious. My wife and I had one room with views of the estuary and our daughter had her own room at the back overlooking the garden, a little small but still more than adequate. Sam the dog made our day :)"

• Travel date: 18th May 2009

An excellent friendly family run hotel providing very comfortable rooms and outstanding cuisine.

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"Orchard Hill Hotel is nicely situated on the hillside overlooking the estuary, but within easy walking distance of the town centre. It is a family run and family friendly hotel that is well furnished and decorated, and kept spotlessly clean. Both lounge and dining room are light and airy; and the bedrooms very comfortable. Although a relatively small hotel, the menu and quality of the food are outstanding, in our view matching the best in continental Europe. The hotel provides great access to holiday activities that include walking, cycling, surfing and day trips to many nearby attractions."

• Travel date: 13th May 2009

Great Food, Great Location, Very Devon

Reviewed 29th December 2012

"I visited Orchard Hill with my partner when we were back in the UK. I'm from Devon originally so was looking for a local country hotel for the weekend. The rooms were tastefully furnished and decorated and we had a very comfortable nights sleep. Breakfast was fantastic and the proprietor was extremely helpful about things to do in the area. We dont usually dine at hotels we stay in however the menu offered in the hotel restaurant was too tempting - we wern't disappointed. I'd recommend going to visit - even if just to sample what the restaurant has to offer!!!!"

• Travel date: 10th April 2009

What a perfect venue

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"I had my 40th birthday party here, with 70 guests including some children. My family all stayed there. From the first planning stage to the day after the party, i found the staff and owners to be exceptional I had such a wonderful party, and everyone is raving about the food, rooms, service and bar charges"

• Travel date: 16th January 2009