Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel

• free airport transportation
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services

Good
Good

Utilitarian stop-over

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"This is a large souless hotel with a large free car park attached. There are an incredible number of meeting/conference rooms and the hotel offers airport parking packages. As a result parking is at a premium.
Check-in was friendly and efficient. Our room was on the 3rd floor and was of a good size with all facilities present. The bathroom was clean with a bath and shower over. Good sized bed but it had a lumpy feather topper on it. No view from the room, only out over the roof towards other rooms opposite. The hotel is close to East Midlands Airport and some aircraft noise was to be expected but this was not too serious.

We did not eat in the restaurant, preferring to go to The Three Horseshoes, at Breedon on the Hill nearby.

Breakfast was buffet style and was very good indeed.

Check-out was very efficient with a personal service.

A good hotel, but one for the purpose rather than relaxation or pampering."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of July 2009

Seamless service at a good price

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at Yew Lodge the night before our flight to Brittany from East Midlands Airport. We payed the princely sum of £80 for their airport package (discounted through my work,usually about £110) For this we got a nights accommodation,breakfast,a weeks parking and transfers to and from the airport. As it was a chain hotel we weren't expecting much although it is a 4 star. However,it was in a lovely little village with a great real ale pub which provided our evening meal,the room was spacious with a large comfy bed,crisp white cotton sheets,a sofa and a large bathroom with a bath. The staff were courteous and the airport transfer service worked like a dream and took about 10 minutes.There is also a spa attached if you wish to indulge. I think they have an evening meal deal 3 courses for £19 if you don't want to leave the hotel. I'll definitely use it again."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009

Fine for a one night stay.

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"Nice hotel friendly staff. Very near west midlands airport with planes flying low and noislily overhead.Very small pool with lots of children, I think perhaps local as the club is for non residents also.The room was clean and nicely decorated but unfortunately small uncomfortable beds. The bar was fine good service and nice cold wine. Breakfast was usual british fayre nothing exciting but adequate. Very large car park and free internet access. All in all fine as a stop over."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of June 2009

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday.........

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"We arrived for our overnight stay and were welcomed by the friendly staff. My daughter and i had booked an overnight stay with a spa day the following day. Doing this enabled us to get an extra half days use of the spa area. We had full use of the spa facilities and joined the bums n tums classbefore our huge lunch healthy of course. The food was really good and could not be faulted. The spa day was so relaxing. This is a great way to unwind and we will certainly go again. Would definately recommend it. Left feeling chilled and pampered. WOW....."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of May 2009

A Jewel in the Best Western crown

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"A one-night stay at the Yew Lodge was long enough to be able to state that this hotel is a 'gem of a find'. A clean, comfortable room, friendly and very helpful staff puts this hotel on our short list to revisit for a longer stay. The only downside was the expensive menu, even in the leisure club bar. All other aspects well worth a stay.

This hotel is also only a 20 min drive from East Midlands Outlet Village (M1 Jn28)- a must for a girl who needs more shoes!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of April 2009

Great hotel

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My daughter & I have just enjoyed a one night spa break at Yew Lodge. I cannot praise this hotel highly enough and the highest praise must go to the staff. From Reception, Bar, Restaurant, Management, Leisure and Beauty, all the staff we encountered were cheerful, welcoming, professional and polite. They all went out of their way to do that little bit extra to make whatever they were doing for us more than we expected. The quality of the spa treatments was excellent and we will certainly be going back."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of March 2009

Excellent Value

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"Stayed 1 night before flying from East Midlands Airport. Evening meal was excellent, room and facilities very good, staff very helpful, all in all good value for money.

We parked the car for 2 weeks and had to get to the Airport at 5am, this was done very efficiently and our pick up when we returned was equally as good.

Would not hesitate to stay again."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2009

Hidden Gem!

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"I've driven through Kegworth several times and never noticed Yew Lodge as it's a little off the main road. A client recommended the hotel so we booked a stay for our Christmas Party.

The party in the banqueting area was well organised and the food excellent. They even had a drinks promotion for the night so you weren't paying extortionate hotel prces. The only downside was the location of our table, great for the dancefloor but too close to the speakers for some of our party - that said they were happy to drink in the adjacent bar.

Rooms were fantastic considering the party rate we were given, i paid £10 a night more two weeks earlier for a shabby, dirty room in a poor 3 star hotel. Our room was fairly modern, spotlessly clean and comfortable with nice touches such as a selection of teas, good quality toiletries and iron/ironing board in the room.

Breakfast was buffet style but a good temperature, contantly topped up and any buffet with a choice of veggie sausages wins points with me!

I didn't get chance to check out the leisure facilities but on all levels i did see the Yew Lodge can be highly recommended."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of January 2009

Fabulous

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"I can not praise this hotel enough, we had a great time and will definitely go back next year. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the hotel was clean and modern and we got a really good rate on a Dinner, bed and breakfast basis. The food was fantastic."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of September 2008

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I got this hotel booked for 5 days when I started my apprenticeship, was a very nice hotel, yet the meals were some what over the top and also very expensive. overall I would say this is a really nice hotel, clean, cosy and freindly staff."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

I stayed at the Yew Lodge Hotel with my...

Reviewed Fri 21st of March 2008

"I stayed at the Yew Lodge Hotel with my daughter for just one night before flying from East Midlands Airport the next morning. We arrived early as we wanted to make the most of the health spa at the hotel, the staff at the reception were incredibly friendly and helpful, we checked in and were directed to our room. The room was lovely, very clean, huge pillows, duvet and large bed, I was very impressed.
We made our way down to the Health Spa on the ground floor, the staff were friendly and went through the various treatments with us, we both had a facial and head massage, I was so relaxed that I fell asleep during the head massage, we then tried out the pool, Jacuzzi and steam room followed by lunch in the Health Spa.
We had our evening meal in the Orchard Restaurant, once again, the staff were delightful, the menu was extensive and very reasonably priced, the next morning we had breakfast in our room and returned to reception to check out. We had chosen the fly-drive option offered by the hotel, so my car was safe and no ridiculous airport parking charges at the airport, we were dropped off right outside the departures and when we we returned from our holiday, the Hotel taxi was waiting for us as promised.
All in all an excellent start to our holiday, and thank you to all the fantastic staff at the Yew Lodge Hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of March 2008