Bagshaw Hall

so let down

Reviewed 15th June 2016

" My wife's sister had arranged to come and stay with us at this hotel ,they had flown in from America specially .The hotel took a deposit on my credit card .We booked for the bank holiday ,one day before arrival the hotel rang up to cancel our two room booking.They had double booked the rooms !! how can one take payment and then let you down last minute disgusting!!!"

• Travel date: 14th June 2016

Very nice!

Reviewed 20th March 2013

"We stayed at Bagshaw Hall for 3 nights. We were greeted and helped with our bags into the Devonshire Apartment. The Apartment was spacious with 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and small seperate shower. It was a perfect location to explore the surrounding area, and very good value for money if you compare it to a hotel. It is halfway up a steep hill so if you have walking difficulties you may have a problem. Parking in Bakewell is a nightmare on any day. Some might find some of the decor a little tatty and some areas do need some work. But this is an old house which we prefer to the modern type hotel."

• Travel date: 20th April 2010

Modern and convenient place to explore the Peak District from

Reviewed 19th March 2013

"Accommodation: We stayed in the Haddon Suite, which is fairly small but furnished and styled with a modern touch. It is worth noting that it is on the lower ground floor so there are no views. The kitchenette had a microwave and a fridge. The hall had plenty of tourist information on offer and the staff were particularly helpful. Also there was plenty of space by external doors to leave muddy boots etc. Location: It is close to Bakewell town centre but situated up a hill. Overall we found the accommodation good value for money especially compared to other accommodation in Bakewell that we looked into."

• Travel date: 4th April 2010

Couldn't be better

Reviewed 21st March 2013

"Lovely welcome, beautiful building, great location, fantastic facilities and the penthouse suite was just what the doctor ordered."

• Travel date: 7th December 2009

Best weekend ever!

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"had a lovely two night stay at Bagshaw Hall in the Maribeau suite. Instantly impressed wth the room, it was huge, warm and cosy, with stunning views across Bakewell. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, always contactable and available. Would love to visit again."

• Travel date: 1st December 2009

Relaxation and prefect views!

Reviewed 5th November 2009

"We have just returned from a 3 night stay in the Penthouse suite and are already planning to return! A perfect location to allow for days out walking in the wonderful countryside and the 2 person bath was ideal to soak those aching legs on our return!!! Booking request to email confirmation toook under 30 mins to complete. The room was wonderful and well equipped - a real home from home. The views on both sides of the room were fantastic and yet the shortcut walk into town made it easy to get to all restaurants and shops within 5 mins.. The owners couldn't have been more helpful, and even phoned us on our mobile to let us know that he hadn't told us a bout some special discounts that they had in place with one of the restaurants. A really good selection of material on local restauranst and places of interest was left in the room. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it"

• Travel date: 5th November 2009

Fine if a little quirky

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"First thing to note is that this is not a hotel but rather an old house (built 1684) converted into a number of apartments. There is no constantly manned reception, dining facilities or maid service. Rooms are large and contain kitchen facilities. Decor is modern and of good quality although the finish in some areas is more enthusiatic DIY rather than professional. Rooms are on the main very well equipped. Strangely however our apartment was ill equipped with crockery having only two non matching dinner plates and no breakfast plates and whilst a small packet of coffee had been provided there was no cafetiere. There is a public lounge area which is decorate in a somewhat bizarre manner which sits somewhat uneasily with the style of the house, Parking is provided which is a definite bonus in congested Bakewell. We paid £150 for a last minute booking a 2 nights break and at that I feet that it represented good value for money"

• Travel date: 11th September 2009

Bagshaw Hall felt like my own little palace in the peaks!

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"We rented the Penthouse suite and I felt like a princess on the hill overlooking the town. This manor house is gorgeous and the luxury of our suite was superb. I didn't want to leave the room. I had to remind myself I was here to see the peaks! The house was nostalgically old with a modern twist. I believe the sign above the door said late 1600's. I loved the big grand staircase and could just picture some Georgian lady in her dress going down it to leave for a grand ball. Compared to all our previous hotel room around England and Scotland this was a small apartment. The bed was heaven on earth with the duvet, and down feather pillows. The view out of room was unbelievable (was told the Penthouse has the best view). I can't believe my camera memory chip malfunctioned and corrupted all my files from that part of my trip. I took some gorgeous shots out those windows. The hotel is up on a hill, but it's no big deal. There is a nice little pathway down to the town and in a few minutes you are in the center of town. Georgina, who checked us in, was fabulous and showed us around the house and recommended a great Italian restaurant in town. I loved the little shops in Bakewell and were fortunate enough to run into an flea market happening that Monday. We came "home" from dinner in the town one evening and found a small church group rehearsing a period play on the front lawn. I went up to my room and opened the window and watched. This was a great central location to explore the peaks and fabulous place to retreat from the world. If ever in the peaks again, I will be staying at Bagshaw Hall."

• Travel date: 21st August 2009

Fantastic

Reviewed 6th March 2013

"My girlfriend and I spent our first weekend away in the Virnan suite. After seeing the photos we were even more impressed when we got there. The entrance was a little hard to find but the staff were more than happy to direct us. At one point most of the roads in Bakewell were blocked off due to a parade. A member of staff drove to our position and directed us back to the hotel which I thought was above and beyond the call of duty. The room was spotless and tastefully decorated. When we discovered there was no dvd remote we were awarded free breakfast for the 2 days as compensation. The only real reason I could fault the room would be the position of the window which allowed people to see into the room. However this room in the hotel would be the only room with this issue. It didnt detract from our enjoyment."

• Travel date: 24th July 2009

Hotels near Bagshaw Hall

Bagshaw Hall is also called

• bagshaw hall hotel
  • bagshaw hall bakewell
  • bagshaw hall hotel bakewell