About Broadoaks Country House

• pets allowed
  • hot tub

lord of the manor

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"having just returned from a 2 night stop of the lake district,i thought i would share our wonderful bank holiday find with you.
everything about this place is just so quaint.
if you want a really nice,peacefull,relaxing ,experiance,then this has to be the place for anyone celebrating an anniversary,birthday,or just some quality time together,then look no further.
the rooms,are very in keeping with the building,and are a little like steping back in time,the beds are comfortable,and rooms ,even though not all refurbed,very clean and welcoming.
the breakfasts were amazing,and the evening meals,were out of this world,having been lucky to have travelled most of the world,the steaks were the best i've ever tasted.
so,my advice if looking at this hotel would be,it may seem a little pricey on looking at this online,but after spending a night here,i think you'd appreciate all the hardwork the staff,and management put in to make this just not another place to stay.
their attention to detail,certainly would make me return.
thanks to everyone,and see you soon.laszlo"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of May 2008

Perfect New Year

Reviewed Mon 31st of December 2012

"Stayed for two nights over the New Year with our teenage son. Lovely location, beautiful views and local walks. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was spotless - had the top coach house - and the jacuzzi
and complimentary champagne were especially appreciated. There were some weak points - meal portion sizes were far too small which for a 17 year old with a healthy appetite was a problem; at £120 for the New
Year package which included dinner and a jazz band i would have expected wine on the table but this was charged extra; at breakfast we
were told we were limited to two courses so if you didn't eat a cooked
breakfast then all you got was cereal and toast; bar prices very expensive; the fireworks display was overstating it (one of the staff setting off a couple of large fireworks in the garden). Although fairly minor on their own, these 'skimping' measures did leave us feeling a bit ripped off. Overall cost £770 for 2 nights for 3 of us so not cheap by any stretch."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of January 2008

picturesque excellence

Reviewed Sun 30th of December 2012

"I love the Lakes and after a day in the great outdoors I like to be comfortable and looked after - In this respect this period countryhouse was absolutely spot on. I really struggle to fault the place.The hotel was friendly and comfortable, the staff were attentive and discreet, the grounds and surrounding area were picturesque, and the log fires were as they should be on a November eve - roaring. The owners were friendly and accomodating and I was rather charmed by the countryhouse itself. I'd definitely recommend the perfectly cooked full breakfast before lacing up the walking boots and taking in the lovely views. I went with a friend to a private function but I was taken by the quiet, genteel grownup feel of the place. I went with a friend and one could, I imagine, take a family; there were great grounds for a child to run around in (and I think there was golf or putting and croquet but I think it's such a idyllic countryhouse that I will definitely be returning with my partner for a romantic getaway. The only rather minor flaw I could detect was the decor - though not shabby and the place was spotless, I'd have to say the decor is somewhat dated but then It is a rather authentic country house."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of December 2007

What a Treasure of a location

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"How blown away I was as the car turned up the driveway! Little did I know that this first impression would only be enhanced and my stay went on.
The House and grounds are almost magical and it was easy to forget the hustle and bustle of the city - the river was an unexpected find, a short walk down the driveway and you feel as though you have captured a piece of land that no one has yet set foot on!
The staff were so welcoming, it made a refreshing change from the service we receive south of Watford Gap! We were there for a surprise 40th Birthday Party and yet we felt almost as surprised as the birthday girl. The food was out of this world and the presentation should be on a postcard - fitting for any award. We loved the music room, grandeur without pretentiousness yet at the same time warm and welcoming.
We are so impressed, even more so after discovering that the hotel had only recently been taken over by new owners we will definitely be returning.
Thank you all for such a memorable weekend.
H"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

Exquisite Broadoaks!

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"I feel that the title says it all here.. I recently returned from a surprise 40th Birthday party held at Broakoaks Country House in Windemere, which was quite simply fantastic! The staff were superb, the surroundings magnificent and the atmosphere was brilliant! The room that my partner and I stayed in was called the Walnut, which was on the ground floor, very spacious, tastefully decorated throughout from the sumptuous bathroom with Jacuzzi to the lavish 4 poster bed! The food was delicious and would recommend that you pay the restaurant within the Hotel a visit… the salmon was sublime! I would without doubt recommend this hotel to all, especially for those who wish to experience that little bit of extra magic within the Lake District!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of November 2007

Tranquility

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Great place. Food wonderful, staff excellent. The new owners are certainly promoting customer service and we were very impressed with the relaxed but respectful approach of the staff.
Whilst the decor was not to my personal taste, it was extremely comfortable and cosy.
We took a walk down to Windemere and came back to a lovely fire and a cup of coffee.
In the evening there was music being played in the "music" room and we were very happy being served with drinks and sitting by the log fire!!!
NIceness!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of November 2007

Absolutlely Loved it.

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"Broadoaks more than lived up to its website promises. On a cold and rainy October night it provided a warm and inviting refuge with its comfortable period furniture and crackling open fire. The staff were friendly and helpful without being too intrusive and our bedroom was just heavenly, with its canopy bed and views over the valley. The food was wonderful and service was excellent.
I was informed that the current owners have only recently taken over and I have to say, everything seeemed to run so smoothly I would never have known they were so new to the job.Needless to say, I will be back!!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of November 2007

The new broadoaks

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"My partner and myself booked our wedding round about June not knowing then that Joan and Trevor were leaving the hotel. Having stayed at the hotel in January for a weekend all i can say is anyone with a bad experience you must give the new owners a try as we found them to be first class.Having only taken over on Tuesday and our wedding arranged for Sunday 22nd October you can imagine how we panicked and thought what a nightmare will we have. But having read some of the bad experiences of the previous owners the change over was an absolute godsend for us we couldn't have had a more perfect day. We would like to thank Tracey & Paula for giving us a dream wedding for us and our guests who will all be returning in the near future.
Maggie & Lorraine"