Exterior

Glad I stayed here

Reviewed 3rd November 2015

"Very Welcoming start to our visit at reception continued throughout the weekend stay. Clean throughout, good value for money, excellent bar snacks at good value and great, varied breakfast. "

• Travel date: 25th October 2015

Fantastic hotel

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"We got married at this hotel on 9th September and it was out of this world. The hotel lived up to everything we had hoped and we had a fantastic weekend. Most of our guests came up Friday till Sunday and nobody had a bad word to say out of 70 people so that says something. The staff even went out of their way to get the rooms ready on the Saturday for people that were traveling up on the day. We have always been impressed with this hotel, even after booking so long ago, as they were booked two years in advance for weddings. We have been there several times over the last two years and the hotel improved every time we went, they were always doing some work on it i.e. new patio, new parking area etc. The wedding coordinator Angela, who dealt with ours, was a real gem. Whenever we called, which was quite frequently as the day got closer, she treated us as if this was the only wedding she was handling and you really got the personal touch. She was there on the day and made sure that everything ran smoothly and to plan, along with the Master of Ceremonies, who also did a fantastic job. The food at the reception was stunning, we had the Turkey as a main course and a vegetarian option with as much potatoes and vegetables as you wanted. Don’t think anybody went hungry, and then at night they laid on Bacon Butties, Cheese & Tomato Toasties and Potato Wedges, which went down a storm. The resident DJ did a great job in the evening; he had most people up and dancing throughout the night to a real mixture of music, but played any that were asked for too. We would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning on getting married in the Lake District and would recommend if just looking for somewhere to stay. The views from the hotel are wonderful and it is a very relaxing place to stay with a nice pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and spa area. We will definately be going back there and a few friends have said they will visit again."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2006

wonderful hotel

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Wonderful hotel in superb setting . Have now visited many times over several years : Lovely rooms ; friendly and helpful staff ; super food and kids love the leisure facilities . Cant praise this hotel too much ! Will definitely return and thoroughly recommend to all ."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2006

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"My husband & I stayed during the October half term for three nights and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the staff were really friendly. Our room was lovely and the hotel as a whole was very tastefully decorated. My only criticism was the lighting in the room could have been a bit brighter and a light situated over at least one of the three mirrors would have been a good idea. We would certainly recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again."

• Travel date: 27th October 2005

what a wonderful hotel

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"I have just returned from a visit to the grange hotel at the lake district. My nephew held his wedding there. It was a lovely place to stay, everything was perfect. The rooms were nice and clean, the staff were very polite, nothing was too much trouble. I would definatley recommend this hotel to others, and i will return, probably for a weekend break if only to pamper myself in the spa, sauna and pool."

• Travel date: 13th August 2005

Best Hotel ever !

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Have been to the Grange Hotel about 7 times over the last 4 years, never once has it let us down. Always great food, pleasant staff, very restful and a great base to explore the Lakes. will be back (again and again !)"

• Travel date: 12th October 2004

Beautiful hotel

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Beautiful hotel right across the street from the train station. Overlooks Morecambe Bay. Great breakfast, lovely grounds around hotel, very helpful and friendly reception staff. Didn't take advantage of the wonderful spa facilities because of lack of time but they looked great! Only complaint - inadequate lighting in rooms."

• Travel date: 19th September 2004

Wonderful

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"I have recently returned from my fourth visit to the Grange Hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. The food in Carriages restaurant is always excellent, it would not be out of place in a 4 star hotel. The rooms are being refurbished, with new bathroom facilities and new decoration. The staff are always very helpful and friendly and it is good to see that in an industry that traditionally has a high staff turnover, the Grange has retained many familiar faces over the years."

• Travel date: 8th August 2004

fabulous staff food and accommodation

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"we held our wedding here in 2002. It was absolutely fabulous. We made a full weekend of the event and booked the whole of the hotel for the weekend. The staff were superb they could not do enough for us. The food was excellent. We were pampered by all the staff. All our guests were amazed by the service and we certainly had a wedding to remember. The staff helped make our dream wedding come true."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2004

Heaven on Earth

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"I recently stayed at the Grange Hotel, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, England after finding it on the internet. I was immediately impressed by the idyllic surroundings, friendly atmosphere and excellent facilities. My room had been recently refurbished and boasted all the luxury of a more expensive hotel. The leisure facilities included an attractive pool with spa, gym, beauty salon, sauna, steamroom and solarium. My husband and I certainly made full use of them! Breakfast was buffet-style and very generous. Dinner was worthy of accolades! We love walking and Grange certainly offered lots of opportunities for enjoyable strolls across the fells where we stopped to admire the breathtaking views. My only complaint is that we couldn`t stay longer! We`ll be back! SOON!"

• Travel date: 15th October 2003

Pleasant Stay

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Stayed at the Grange Hotel 30th & 31st May, 2003. Had a huge room at the front of the hotel with beautiful views over the Estuary. Nice breakfast and good variety. The hotel had a pool but didn't have the chance to use it.We had a very pleasant stay although I did feel it was expensive when looking at the quality of furnishing etc. Some areas (even though recently refurbished) were shabby. The bath for example was coming away from the wall and moved whilst you were taking a shower. To plug the hairdryer in you had to move the tv and cabinet. I could see through the mirror to dry my hair but only standing up. The shaving socket was over the bidet and about 3' from the mirror. Little things that hadn't been thought through properly.The staff were very pleasant indeed, although I would like to have shown housekeeping how to clean a room properly and why was the telephone for the housekeeping staff on the floor outside of our room? I came out of our room to find one of the staff kneeling on the floor !Excellent location for the town and railway station. Didn't feel the website did this hotel and its facilities justice. Would I stay again? Don't think so. Would I recommend it? Possibly but would ask them to read Tripadvisor first."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2003

Hotels near Grange Hotel

Top traveller tips for Grange Hotel

• by Kay R

"Just book it's well worth it."

Grange Hotel is also called

• grange hotel over sands