Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel

Parkhouse Road Kingstown, Carlisle CA3 0JR England

Good

Don't judge by the exterior

Good

"I stay at a lot of hotels through working all over the country and Premier Travel Inns are normally a reasonable overnight stay.

However I have to say that I was well impressed by this particular place even though it was in the midst of refurbishment at the time.

Outside it looks like a plain boring box, but the quality of everything from the food, to the staff, to the comfort of the place exceeded expectations.

The road outside was not as noisy as I expected and overall this was a better stay than many other hotels with a higher rating that I have stayed in.

Ideal for a stop off when travelling between England & Scotland and certainly a place that I would consider stopping at again.

Didn't get time to do the leisure club, which disappointingly cost an extra fiver, but at least I didn't have to pay for something I was unable to use."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

Perfectly ok

"Can't agree with the negative experience since this became a Premier Travel Inn - stayed one Sat. night and had an evening meal there and all was perfectly ok and reasonable value and little different to how it was as a Holiday Inn [except they've sprouted a Costa Coffeeshop - think Whitbread own both Premier and Costa]. Things were very busy and the young staff members under a lot of pressure but they were coping very well."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of August 2006

I wouldn't stay here now!! Premier travel inn have taken it over.

"Hotel was great when Holiday inn had it. It had very high standards with helpful and polite staff. Now that Premier travel inn have taken over standards have declined. Staff are not as helpful and you have to pay to use the leisure club now. orginally this was not the case! We went to stay on a hot day and found out when we entered our rooms that we could not open the windows. Apparently this was because there was a health and safety issue with all of the windows and they were just about to begin replacing them all, but work had not begun. The room was unbearably hot so we decided that we were not going to stay the night. Would not stay here again."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of July 2006

A Disappointing Stay

"Unfortunately this was the least enjoyable stay we have ever had as a family of 4 in a Holiday Inn. The day we arrived they had no record of our booking and had actually changed hands to a Premier Travel Inn (without previously notifying us). The standard was not good to say that they had a chance to persuade us to change to their hotel chain. The room was tired, the windows leaked rain and were surrounded in mould. Each day we returned to find that hotel complimentaries were removed from our room. When I asked for tea and coffee back, I had to wait 3/4 hour and after a second request a porter arrived with 2 teabags and 2 pots of UHT milk! The mattress on the children's bed settee had seen better days, so I asked for an extra duvet to make it more comfortable to lie on - they sent a thin blanket! The restaurant was poorly staffed - the head waiter apologised 11 times during the evening for various problems and said he had no staff as they were all on training courses! We were served by the Conference Manager and a Receptionist! Breakfast was no better, it was not busy but there were no clean tables free. Service was slow or non existent unless you asked for what you wanted. In fact for the rest of our holiday we had better service and food at McDonalds down the road!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

usual high standard

Good

"cannot fault this hotel. Spotlessly clean,friendly management and staff. Excellent health club and spa, we had the place to ourselves on saturday afternoon. Nice bar area. usual daft hotel drinks prices but they're all the same. Excellent help yourself breakfast. Could not find any reason to complain, although unlike some of previous reviewers wasn't looking for any.Holiday Inn are the best of the 3 star hotel chains. They are always reasonably priced, spotlessly clean and staffed by friendly people. Would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of October 2005

Better than expected

Good

"Stayed at Carlisle Holiday Inn for one Sunday night at the end of September 2005 for a quite favourable IC Hotels discounted breakfast-inclusive rate, in an 'Executive' room which was well - furnished, if a little small. Evening meal in the restaurant was fine and reasonably priced; the staff (especially those in the restaurant) were pleasant, attentive and helpful. Despite one or two minor rough edges, we enjoyed our stay here: it proved to be much better than expected and we would gladly return."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of September 2005

Better than some 5* hotels we`ve stayed in

"My partner and I stayed here earlier this year having previously always stayed at the Premier Lodge (that was). What a pleasant surprise. I can`t equate the hotel we stayed in with some of the previous reviews. No complaints whatsoever. Our room was 111 which was alittle way from reception but good exercise after sitting in the car. This was also an advantage because you are away from the potentially "noisy" area of the hotel. Unfortunately, our radiator wasn`t working which caused me to ring the main desk. The duty manager appeared within minutes, even though it was a busy Saturday evening. Very professional and helpful and we were moved a couple of rooms further along. This was just as pretty and comfortable. The leisure facilities were better than some "hotels of distinction" we have stayed in. Breakfast was superb and plentiful. Whilst waiting for my partner on the morning of our departure I completed the room questionnaire and handed it in at reception, not something I usually do but you know what men are like getting ready!!! I was pleasantly surprised to find an e.mail when we arrived home, acknowledging my comments from the hotel manager. We are staying again this Saturday and we can`t wait."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of July 2005

Not one of the best

"We stayed here overnight on our way up to Scotland. We got a good rate by booking directly with them via the internet - £60. I think the room was worth that but not a penny more and the displayed rate of £125 per night would be outrageous. The hotel is quite badly signed and a bit difficult to get to. You see it clearly from the M6 junction but then have to detour through a commercial estate - a signpost would not go amiss! The reception looks to have been refurbished but certainly not the room we stayed in. The man on reception was not impressive. He carried on a shouted conversation with a work colleague throughout our check in and was just unprofessional in his demeanor. The walk to our room was one of the longest I have ever had to take - dragging a heavy bag and no offer of help forthcoming at all. The corridors were shabby and depressingly decorated. The room was adequate. We had a double bed and a sofa bed arrangement for the children. Not as big or as clean looking as a Travel Inn room and very disappointing for a supposedly full service Holiday Inn -
not an Express or cut down property.
Wouldn't rush back here and would prefer to stay elsewhere. We have stayed at quite a few Holiday Inns and this is the worst."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of May 2005

In Carlisle'e defence......

Good

"I would like to defend the Holiday Inn Carlisle. It is a 3* hotel, so obviously things are not going to be likened to the Ritz. The rooms are clean and comfortable, they have all been refurbished and painted over the last few months and the staff are friendly and helpful. With regards to the already posted review, the carpets have all been replaced in the lounge area and lobby, and if parents choose to let their children run about barefoot, then unfortunately there is nothing that staff members are able to do. With regards to the comments about the lift- there is only two floors in the whole hotel so really it is not necessary. I have always found that help is at hand when needed and the luggage lift is self explanitary to be honest... I think that if you go into a hotel expecting 5* facilities when the hotel does not claim to be 5*, you will be dissapointed. I can however assure you that staff are always polite and helpful and that the hotel is a comfortable, value for money place. The positives always seem to be missed on reviews such as these, the full leisure club that is free of charge was not mentioned, along with the fantastic "Traders restaurant". I think people would find themselves pleasantly surprised as this hotel outstands my expectations evey time I go."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of March 2005

Worst Nightmare

"We booked two nights on-line based on a photograph of the rooms found on the official website for the hotel. What a shock. When we arrived at approximately 11:30 pm, there were several people in the lobby partying and obviously they had had too much to drink. Their children were running around with bare feet even though the carpet was dirty. This place has not been rennovated in years - the carpet in the room was stained and smelled, the sheer ("net") curtains were filthy and the bed proved to be lumpy. Also, there are no standard elevators and one must carry luggage up or down stairs to reach any of the rooms - ours was the farthest from the front desk. Although, there is a very frightening looking "lift" for luggage, no one offered to explain how to use it. While hotel staff were courteous and the bathroom and linen clean, the whole experience was really disappointing. We checked out the next morning!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2004

Hotels near Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel

Stayed at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel? Share your insight.

Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel is also called