Loved it here!

Reviewed Sun 30th of December 2012

"We stayed here the weekend of 2nd June as we were attending a wedding at Camelot Castle. The whole experience was A1 from initial contact with Julie to leaving (regretfully) when the wedding was over.

My only regret was not having eaten dinner at the Avalon as the local choice was n ot great and the menu at the Avalon was superb. Breakfast was probably the best I've ever had in
an hotel - the porridge was to die for and the full English was great.

The rooms were fabulous - beautifully done and exceptionally clean and well set up.

The last thing to say is that Julie and Peter were great, very welcoming and attentive. Just as a stay should be, but rarely is."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of December 2007

Great place to stay

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"We stayed here for just a couple of nights recently and would gladly stay again. Very welcoming and very comfortable. The Avalon has been tastefully decorated to a standard that many guest houses can't imagine. Nice little touches (such as ear plugs in the bedside cabinets) made for a very pleasant stay. The Avalon is about 30 secs walk from the town, but theres hardly any traffic. Can't say much about the town other than it was absolutely dead quiet (it was November). Have a look at the Great Halls - quite amazing, stock up on crumbly fudge (mmmm) and it could do with a couple of more places to eat. In the attached photo the Avalon is one of the houses in the middle."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of November 2007

loved the comfort

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"fantastic fantastic fantastic ! what more can i say food delicious, beds comfortable, hosts friendly ,definately stay here again when visiting cornwall ,keep up the standad it was terrific ."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

Avalon - A Brilliant Stay!

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"My mum and I decided to go to Cornwall last minute and found Avalon on the visitcornwall website. Having read the reviews here, I didn't hesitate to contact them. Like all other reviewers, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Julie and Peter could not be more welcoming or more accomodating to their guests. From the fantastic breakfast menu to the mouthwatering dinner menu, the ensuite rooms to the crisp clean sheets. Nothing is overlooked and everything is top class.

I could go on and on about our stay but in a nutshell I cannot recommend this place highly enough and will definitely be going back again."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

Excellent Stay

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"We have recently returned from a 2 night stay at The Avalon Guest House in Tintagel. Peter & Julie the owners made us feel very welcome indeed. Our room overlooked the town and was lovely, with all the little extra touches that makes this place a superb place to stay.

The bed was so comfortable with an exquisite and very lovely duvet set and pillows. Also provided was the softest towels I've ever experienced.

The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choice, they cater for every need. The Avalon is situated perfectly in Tintagel, with the shops and sea literally on your doorstep.

Tintagel castle is definately worth the climb, and a visit to the mystical waterfall at St Nectars Glen is a must. Both these attractions require alot of walking and a fair bit of climbing very steep steps so I would not recommend them to anyone with a disability."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

exceptional bed and breakfast

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Well worth a visit! Avalon is a brilliant stay. The friendly and helpful service is second to none. The cleanliness of rooms is great, with a sweet smelly scent on arrival. Breakfast was very enjoyable and relaxing, I could have stayed all morning!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

a modern camelot

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We only stayed for one night, wished it had been longer.
The room was a charming mixture of modern with a mediaeval touch.
All the food was good, but the kippers were out of this world. Since our stay I have become a vegetarian, but I have a feeling that if we ever go back I will still order kippers.
We arrived too late for dinner and left a.m. If we make it again we shall make sure we're there for dinner.
And a delightful couple are running it.
Highly recommended"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Kippers and Porridge

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"We stayed here in August for 2 nights and had a great time dispite the weather. The owners are very friendly and full of local information . We stayed in room 7 with great views over to Tintagel island , room was clean and fixture and fittings where of a high standard .

The breakfast's are great the kippers are localy caught and are oozing with taste , there signature dish of Avalon porridge will set you up for the day and most proably the next ;-).

If you are going to eat out at night we found that all food operations seemed to stop serving food at 9.00 pm . For a drink we enjoyed the cornishmen not posh but good choice of ales.

If anyone is thinking of going to Tintagel stay at the Avalon you wont be dissapointed."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of August 2007

Idyllic spot in Tintagel

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"We just returned from a short trip to Tintagel and the Cornish coast. The Avalon was a wonderful base to explore the little town of Tintagel and Tintagel Castle. There were 4 of us travelling - my husband and I, and my parents who were visiting from the US. We had rooms 6 and 7 which were the Island/Sea View rooms - and the view was outstanding! Julie and Pete were excellent hosts, greeting us with large smiles and making sure they knew all our names (and then remembering our names throughout our stay!). Our clean and cosy rooms were at the top floor of the B&B. We enjoyed the remains of a stunning sunset from our rooms and then woke to glorious sunshine and an amazing view of the sea and Tintagel Island. The Avalon's breakfast was fantastic - plenty of juice, coffee/tea, toast, and a variety of cooked foods (full English breakfast, omelettes, kippers, haddock, porridge), in a modern and peaceful breakfast room. After we checked out, Julie and Pete let us leave our car in their lot so that we could go explore Tintagel Castle; the path down to the Castle is located just a short walk from the Avalon.
In walking around Tintagel we all felt we had chosen the perfect place to stay and would return the next time we are in the area!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

Absolutely fantastic stay

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"The current owners, Peter and Julie, opened the Avalon Guest House in August last year following a full refurbishment.

Pete is a chef and Julie deals with front of house, they are very professional and made us feel like one of the family.

The breakfast choice is terrific whether you fancy continental, full English, kippers and other choices. This breakfast will set you up for the day!!!

You can also eat dinner in the guest house and again the choice was excellent. You can even enjoy a bottle of wine with your dinner as well.

Believe you me you will not go hungry during your stay!!!

Room 7 has lovely views over Tintagel Island and the ocean and the furnishings are excellent.

We have just returned from a two night stay and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will return and I am sure that Peter and Julie will make a terrific success with the Avalon.

The picture on their website [--] shows the rear view of the guest house so if you drive along Atlantic Road looking for the property you could miss it (we did) - it is opposite the launderette and car park."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of May 2007