Camelot Castle Hotel

Camelot Castle, Tintagel PL34 0DQ England

I would never go back to Camelot Castle Hotel

"The experience has left me jarred and disappointed, the advertising pictures are completely different to the room that we had, Room 115. One window didn't even open and the curtains didn't join up. The WiFi didn't work, the furniture was cheap and dirty, the carpet was dusty and the bed was scruffy and the divan base grubby. If I am at a music festival I accept that the toilet facilities are going to be poor, but when I pay for an en suite bathroom I expect to be able to dry myself when I come out of the shower, not have to step out into the room because there is no space to move in the plastic all-in-one . The most shocking thing is that they have been like this for years and years and have not been updated. The 'ongoing renovations' are not evident in room 115, and after six years you would hope for something up from a caravan pod. The decoration is appalling and the home made pictures do not go at all well in an old building. All the selfies in the lobby were of celebrities, who on closer inspection were mostly at a gala dinner and not actually at the hotel, very misleading and pretentious. All in all a total waste of money and I would not go back even if it was free, we couldn't wait to leave."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of July 2016

Beware

"Castle is in lovely location, that is where the good points end. The room was big with lovely views, but could have done with a good clean and updating, in the corner is a pod which is your en suite bathroom.
The resident artist is a conman who does the very hard sale when you go to view his studio and he shows you the light box, his work adorns the castle walls everywhere you look
The food in the restaurant is overpriced although it is ok.
The owners are Scientologist who try to brain wash you with their beliefs."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of May 2016

Spectacular View From Our Bedroom Window

"Agata on front desk was very efficient & helpful with taking our booking. We stayed in early January, when the weather was wild outside. The hotel's position is amazing!! We were offered a great bedroom in a tower which had views out to sea, including Lundy Island. Everywhere was warm- open fires in reception areas downstairs. The restaurant & sitting rooms were well decorated and furnished- upstairs in bedrooms & landings it was shabbier.
Our room had a very odd plastic shower/en suite arrangement- looked like it was intended for a caravan or prison cell.We stayed 3 nights- seemed to be very few other residents staying which made the place seem under-used. It was early January!! Food was fine.
I didn't like the promotion of & artwork by Ted Stourton everywhere."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of January 2016

Great Customer Service

Good

"Our stay at Camelot Castle Hotel was very enjoyable. It would have to be one of the best iconic destinations that I have been to. I have traveled extensively through many countries, the view was to die for. Customer Service was absolutely fabulous. We left something behind and had already traveled an extensive distance before realizing we didn't have it. Reception found our item and posted it to our home in Australia. It arrived before we finished our holiday. I was very impressed. 10/10"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of January 2016

Christmas visit to Camelot Castle

"I found the hotel friendly,comfortable and wonderful if you are a dog owner. Room was clean and comfortable, warm with lovely view over the sea and castle ruins. Staff were polite and efficient and food was varied and well prepared."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of January 2016

New Year's Stay at Camelot Castle

Good

"We had a fabulous time over New Year with our Labradoodle Louis. We were all made extremely welcome and the service was excellent. We had a lovely sea facing room with a four poster bed. Despite the bad weather we are intending to go back in June to make the most of the fabulous views and walks and can't wait to see everyone at the Castle again.!

Would thoroughly recommend a visit!"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of January 2016

King Arthur didn't sleep here!

"If you love the aura of Tintagel, book the 2nd floor room,overlooking the castle's remains, like we did. When my new partner (who has been going to Tintagel for 15 years) showed me pictures on Google,I said 'what is that amazing place on the cliff?' It was Camelot Castle hotel, we saw the pics of the inside and we just had to book 3 days,and they didn't mind us bringing her 2 Chinese crested dogs either! Every time when we ventured out, and the wind and rain got to us, we couldn't wait to get back to this lovely warm 'haven'. I would say the staff were up to Claridges standard, and don't be put off by the negative 'cult' comments, nobody hassled us. Sure it's a bit tatty in places,and the carpet in the room blows up in a gale, but I think it adds to its personality!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of November 2015

Hotel Camelot

"I booked this hotel because we wanted to walk the coastal path with our dog Ralph, we found the staff to be very friendly, the position of the hotel was spot on' the room, bedding and cleanliness were well up to the mark. "

• Travel date: Wed 21st of October 2015

Fantastic location and hotel

"This is the 4th stay over the last 6 years at Camelot Castle and once again a very enjoyable stay. Took our 8 month old puppy this time and he loved his stay too. We stayed in a 4 poster bedroom which was very clean, comfy and a nice size and had the most amazing view over the Castle ruins and also the sea. Absolutely wonderful to wake up to. The team that work at the hotel are the most polite, helpful and friendly people I've ever come across in a hotel, nothing is too much trouble and there is always a smile and a genuine feeling that they want you to have a really happy stay. Ate in the bar area each day due to having the puppy with us but food was great and so was the service. Really welcoming place with the most amazing views. Definitely will be returning in the future for visit number 5. "

• Travel date: Thu 11th of June 2015

Breathtaking View -

"Located in one of the best spots on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic, large rooms with very large windows offer a fantastic view. One could spend few hours in the room enjoying the view whilst sipping morning tea. The surroundings for an outdoor person great, the trails and walks lots of fun. Tintagel is very friendly place and has a lot of character. The rooms were comfortable and large. The hotel building , lobby, dining room and courtyard very impressive. The bathrooms made you feel like you were in a old ocean liner. Last but not the least the staff at Camelot Castle were pleasant and did their utmost to satisfy our needs,in a word the service was excellent. By the way the dinner was also very good. Thanks and regards Haroon Adam - sent by courtesy Jave Farooqui, Facebook account "

• Travel date: Thu 4th of June 2015

We got what we wanted

"We were looking for somewhere in Cornwall to Celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary

We wanted somewhere quiet and different with sea views that would give us an experience to remember

We got exactly what we wanted at Camelott Castle Hotel

The staff were helpful and friendly but not overbearing

Thanks for an experience that we will be happy to remember

Paul and Carole "

• Travel date: Mon 11th of May 2015

A Wonderful Hotel

"We would just like to say also that we have read the negative reviews online about your hotel which we think are very unfair.

Your hotel is fantastic, full of character and eccentricities which we love. We found the staff polite and very welcoming, the owner a treat to meet and talk with. I spoke briefly with the Ted the artist who similarly was very welcoming.

If people continue to damn hotels like the Camelot this might lead to a future of hotels resembling office work spaces, sterile boxes, flat packed fitted kitchens and with no one to talk to but robots.

Yes we are creative folk, maybe we are old fashioned also and a little odd ourselves…buy hey, there are people out there that want choice, variety and above all something different with a smack of style and creativity. In our view the Camelot has it all.

We have already told several of our friends what a great place the Camelot is, and will continue to do so.

We will look forward to our second stay which is a birthday treat for me.

• Travel date: Mon 9th of March 2015

Hotels near Camelot Castle Hotel

Stayed at Camelot Castle Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Camelot Castle Hotel

• Miss Justina by Miss Justina

"Do plenty of research on walks and other locations to visit before you arrive as limited access to information "

• Dave E by Dave E

"Just walk into the hotel and relax. "

• Patti hodgson by Patti hodgson

"Enjoy the lovely walks and if you have a dog -take it "

• Merrilyn by Merrilyn

"Ask for an Ocean View Room "

• Fransch by Fransch

"Less self-aggrandizement. Better, bigger, rooms and a normal bathroom. "

• Rubes by Rubes

"Arrive at the available check in time to make the most of your stay. Ask to see the gallery. "

• Matt W by Matt W

"Visit Tintagel Castle "

• Very Happy with Ralph our dog by Very Happy with Ralph our dog

"To come with an open mind "

• daneswell by daneswell

"Use it as a base for touring the locality "

• Dixie by Dixie

"Bring a book, Camelot is one of those hotels you want to be snowed up in. "

• middle ground by middle ground

"Just be aware of what you are actually getting for your money. "

• Fuzzy by Fuzzy

"Do the walk down the back of the hotel along the cliff's to Bostcastle, or to Tintagel castle itself, it's a fab walk. "

• Dee M by Dee M

"Use it as a base for great day trips in the area "

• Worz3l by Worz3l

"Enjoy your surroundings "

• Artylady by Artylady

"Look all around you, listen to the sound of the sea, get in touch with the real you and then just relax and enjoy time just being. "

• Javed A by Javed A

"Make sure you get the sea facing room and have at least one dinner at the restaurant. "

• Dawn D by Dawn D

"just enjoy the whole experience and surrounding beautiful scenery "

• micksmitzy by micksmitzy

"Do some research, I wish I had "

• Carol D by Carol D

"Get rid of the present owners "

• Chrissy by Chrissy

"Read the comments of previous guests before booking. "

Camelot Castle Hotel is also called