Good

great time

Reviewed Sat 10th of September 2016

"Had a wonderful holiday with grand kids woodland lodge was very clean staff very helpful & friendly close to beaches i could not fault this site thank you 4 lovely time regards Mrs. Dean"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2016

OMG #Shocked!!

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2016

"We have booked to go here today in a couple of weeks & now I feel really scared to actually go in relation to the negative reviews........ especially as we are traveling from the Midlands to get there...... I am really worried that we are going to be shoved in an old moldy, smelly, damp chalet, that will upset my husbands chest and the children's skin!
Wow...... What do I do?
Before I go abroad I always research & review etc.... but i guess I have been caught off guard by thinking that we will be safe as we are in the UK!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2016

Slugsville

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2016

"This place is disgusting we was welcomed by the small of human waste and damp and after every shower we had slugs coming up the shower plug hole, then to discover the slugs has moved into the wardrobes at the side of the bed it was time for us depart after 2 nights in Slugsville was more then we could take drove back to the midlands for a slug free shower , John Fowler u should be ashamed of yourselves . "

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2016

Happy holidays

Reviewed Fri 22nd of July 2016

"This place is a wonderful place for a family holiday.My partner and I have been holidaying here for 5 seasons and always have a wonderful stay.
Whilst I accept that the older accommodation is a little tired, there is clearly a regeneration program in progress which will only enhance the whole site.
The entertainment for both children and adults is fantastic with an amazing team of people (stripey's) who absolutely care passionately about the enjoyment of their guests.
I will, without doubt, be returning next year and in actual fact I hope for many years to come.
Overall, a great location for a holiday with committed staff providing wonderful entertainment and I would like to extend my personal gratitude to all at the village."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of July 2016

Never again

Reviewed Tue 3rd of November 2015

"So here we go. My son was born on 2nd June and this was our first holiday with him. We had booked a Sun Holiday last year in Hendra holiday park in Newquay so we knew what great quality they were and I was comfortable that my 3 month year old would be safe. The reason we chose St Ives was because sister had moved their 5 years ago and we knew the area really well. My nephew was getting christened on the Sunday too so great timing! So we set off on the long drive on the 25th September (with the A30 with heavy roadwork it took us 5 1/2 hours) quite a journey for a 4 year old and 3 month old! But we knew when we got to St Ives it would all be worth it! So we picked up the keys my 4 year old was so excited as she has a lovely time the year before in the clubhouse and also going swimming! So we got the keys and drove to our accommodation. It looked a bit aged and shabby but we were here so I'm sure it would have been clean and safe! We turned the key and opened the door and the stench was the first thing that hit me! It made me feel sick it was a mixture of wet dog and damp. I will let the photos do the rest of talking. The place was dirty a horrible smell the walls were all cracked and rusty the lights did not work (no bulbs). The baby needed changing but we took him to the car to change him as my partner would not put him down. So I went to reception to ask if there was anything they could do? The lady advised the unfortunately no. I advised that I would be happy to pay for an upgrade and that we had traveled 5 1/2 hours to get here. She advised no the park is full she advised that she will ring around and ask other parks I advised ok it was not ideal as my family was in St Ives. She advised that she found another park 30 miles away but that I would need to pay £180.00 for a transfer! I asked the lady what if it was not any better? She advised that that was the risk I would need to take! To be honest I was not prepared to take this risk! I asked the lady to call you and lodge my complaint to which she did and I handed the keys in and walked away! 5 people did the same whilst I was in reception! Avoid at all costs"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of October 2015

john fowler silver chalet st ives

Reviewed Fri 18th of September 2015

"Booked silver chalet St. Ives 4/9/2015 after reading review was a bit apprehensive checked in at 4 o clock as stated no problems.was given keys to chalet 254 when we opened door was expecting to complain but it was spot on really clean and tidy had no issues at all and the dog was happy to lol thank u john Fowler holidays Andy Jude and Tess the dog."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of September 2015

MY SHED IS CLEANER THAN ST IVES HOLIDAY VILLAGE SHEDS

Reviewed Thu 6th of August 2015

"Damp dirty and falling down .
It said on the the web site that the accommodation was due for a refurbish more like a demolition i could deal with a bit of bad paint work but this was just a dirty damp shed with wall paper hanging off the walls holes in the front door sofa was broke with springs sticking our and bits of wood ,the beds were damp with springs sticking out i would say don't waste your money you be better buying a compost heap
that would be much better .My family and i was going to stay for 4 nights but we had enough by 2 nights . John Fowlers f--- ups Regards the Davis's"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of August 2015

dirty, smelly shacks

Reviewed Mon 18th of May 2015

"Wish I'd read these reviews before I booked this place and saved myself a very disappointing, moldy, stinky stay in a chalet that smelled like a guinea pig hutch! Booked it through the local paper - a cheap, out of season weekend away that we do every year. In this case we definitely got what we paid for and if our previous holidays had been like this we would never have got past the first one! However, we've had amazing holidays at Mullion, Hayle, Newquay to name a few. This one was a shocking contrast to the basic but clean and well equipped places we've stayed before. The smell is the first thing that hits you - followed by the peeling paint, filthy carpets, awful cooker and fridge. We went as a group of 3 families - 2 families were luckily put together as we'd requested twice before we arrived. The third family was not so lucky and despite us all asking multiple times before we arrived and upon arrival, was placed a big distance away from us. This was despite the chalet directly in front of us remaining empty the whole time of our stay. What was obvious was they couldn't be bothered to move her as it would impact on their computer system. My friend had had to come away with her 3 kids alone at the last minute as her husband had to work - she could really have done with being near to us. Fair enough if they really had been fully booked as they said but it was obvious they were not and chalets within the same (quite plainly!) budget range were available around us. This is an amazing and beautiful part of the works with gorgeous beaches and walks. Would recommend to anyone - just don't ruin it by staying at St Ives Holiday Village!! If I were looking to stay in this area I would look elsewhere and read the reviews first. "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of May 2015

disgusting and terrible company!

Reviewed Tue 5th of May 2015

"We stayed here in March of this year, my husband is disabled and I stated this very clearly on the phone. This park is a disgrace and other then a ramp into the main building is in no way disabled friendly. I complained to the company and was offered another holiday, which I obviously turned down. When we asked what other compensation they would offer and what they planned to do about the false advertising and terrible standards, they blocked my email! AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL Avoid at all costs"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of May 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE!

Reviewed Tue 7th of April 2015

"I would live to give a full and accurate account of my weekend at John Fowlers Holiday Park in St Ives from Friday 3rd April – Monday 6th April.

When we booked the holiday we were never given a check in time only a day, so therefore we turned up at 0830 on the Friday Morning. We were then told we could not get the keys before 4pm. Which is particularly late but we thought never mind we will go and have a look around and see what it is like... Well it is not like what it shows on the website or in the pictures. It looks run down and poorly maintained to a point I was already looking for another place to stay before we had even received our keys.

When we eventually got the keys we had to queue with everyone who should have received their keys at 3pm (as there was some issue) which resulted in a large queue which they refused to deal with until exactly 4pm. When I finally got to the desk (after being first in one queue and sent to the back of the other only for them to start another queue where I had been moved from) they did not have my paperwork and put one together on the spot.

The Chalet / Bungalow we were allocated was decent, It had a 32inch TV, looked well maintained, TV in the bedroom, heaters throughout and a towel radiator in the bathroom...

Very nice we thought.... However the next day things changed...

At around 1130 I receive a phone call from reception whilst I am out on the beach in St Ives. They said “There has been an error and you were allocated the wrong place, you should have been 236 not 237. Could we move all your items from the one you are in now to the next door? We will give you 4 bottles of wine as compensation.”

So I asked why and they said “the owners are coming today to check in”. They also said “236 has just had a new kitchen and bathroom” when I asked was it decent. Anyway I said ok (without seeing it as I wasn’t coming back from my day out).

Anyway when I got back first impressions where that this was nicer... Then we opened the bedrooms, very dated and the windows were soaking wet on the inside. There was only 1 TV in the main living space which had next to no channels and you couldn’t watch the ones you did have as they would flicker constantly. I went to reception to ask for someone to fix it (they send someone but they couldn’t do it).

The next day I went to reception to tell them that 1. The TV still wasn’t fixed, 2. The Hot water tap was just a trickle and was cold, 3. The Heater in the bathroom doesn’t work....

They didn’t send anyone... The next day we were leaving and as I was told also told them about the Toilet leaking when flushed, the tap, the heater, the TV, the damp... Basically I was very disappointed and the 4 bottles of wine defiantly did not cover the fact that we had been moved into a much poorer and cheaper accommodation which only had 2 heaters to heat 4 rooms...

I defiantly would not be going back!!! And the customer service was very poor, there was a long queue of people complaining about things not working.

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2015

PUBLIC WARNING

Reviewed Tue 24th of March 2015

"Went for a weekend break,stayed in chalet 258, we only stayed 2 nights we couldn't take another night
In this dirty smelly damp shed
ABSOLUTELY FILTHY? They state DOGS ARE WELCOME These chalets are not fit for DOGS.
To stay in this accommodation is a health hazard especially if you have bronchial problems.

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of March 2015

"cant polish a turd"

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2014

"Well, what can I say about my first holiday with my family in 7 years, we saved up £600 to take our daughter away for the first time since she was born 7 years ago, we got the key to our chalet and off we went all excited, first thing we were confronted with was rubbish and cigarette butts on our doorstep that I was suppressed I saw as my focus was drawn to the state of the gutters overflowing and the dirty windows and an outside light full of flies, our chalet stank of damp and had mold on walls, we found a dirty sock in what was my daughters room and also a children’s toy under her bed, both drains out the back were blocked and had been for some time and still were at the end of the holiday even though I reported it to the manager "who by the way stayed out of our way when he saw us the coward" to cut a long story short we complained and they put us in a chalet about three doors down that was exactly the same as the previous one, this was also moldy and smelly, we were not worried about the 70s style curtains and bed linen and the chalet itself the fact was it was damp and moldy and should be knocked down, no insulation in walls just a stud frame with tong and groove on outside. we complained again and someone was sent to clean this made no difference to the smell or the mold "you can’t polish a turd" we complained again and we were told we could have an alternative accommodation in Devon, so they wanted us after a 6 hour drive to get back in the car and drive roughly 8 hours to another one of their sites that potentially had the same issues. The manager took my number and said he would call if there was a cancellation or if something else came up, I did not hear another word. Food was awful, microwave meals that come out in polystyrene containers; we ate once in clubhouse then ate out every other night. to who responds to this, I have looked at your other responses to these issues and I would rather you are no so insensitive to me as you have been to others in telling me about all the new chalets you have and are going to install because this has no effect on my holiday it just winds people up, why was I not put in one of them, they were unoccupied? why you think it’s a good idea to tell people about these nice new chalets you have when they have just spent a week in one of your #### holes is beyond me, even the staff at the village informed me they call the chalets at the bottom of site and I quote "crappy alley" and the also said and I quote "I would never holiday here myself its all to dated and needs demolishing". Please answer my questions for everyone to see and don't give the same old spill you have given everyone else, and you say to give you a call and you can help, why did I have no help when I was on holiday from the manager? The truth is you don't care you just want to make money."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2014

Hotels near St. Ives Holiday Village

Top traveller tips for St. Ives Holiday Village

• ruffina by ruffina

"Cornwall is a great place, Eden project is fab as is Lands end and Flambards.... "

• fiona-mcnicol by fiona-mcnicol

"very picturesque beautiful sceanery relaxing and romantic "

• fiona-mcnicol by fiona-mcnicol

"a trip on the st ives branch line is a lovely way to see the coastline "

• sweet by sweet

"cornwall is a lovely place. We enjoyed st ives "

• sweet by sweet

"Our favourite sightseeing activities were st ives beach and all the other towns nearby "

• bondybabe by bondybabe

"boat trip to seal island, the gift shops, we went out to redruth, newquay, st austel "

• Nick.Y by Nick.Y

"Stunning scenery. Awesome beaches. Visit and see for yourself! "

• Nick.Y by Nick.Y

"St Ives is probably my fav place in the area. The coastal walk is a must! Plenty of places to eat. "

• suzie6uk by suzie6uk

"kynance cove. Cadgwith. All of Cornwall "

• annief1red by annief1red

"Fantastic restaurants, seafood especially, most use local produce, The Smugglers, St. Erth Praze, "

• shellinch by shellinch

"went to prothcurno. stunning beach! "

• cornwall lover by cornwall lover

"go into st ives very pretty harbour "

• "Gorgeous love cornwall go every year "

• betrayed by betrayed

"not worth it unless its just a base and you like slumming it. "

• Nick by Nick

"St Ives is beautiful with excellent shops and galleries. Great for kids and adults. "

• surfchick by surfchick

"Use the bus which stops in the Park & takes you into St Ives "

• kingofkeyboards by kingofkeyboards

"Don't even bother looking at this place. "

• Nicola C by Nicola C

"i wouldnt recommend it at all "

• hooverless by hooverless

"Take lots of air fresheners. "

• g bamf by g bamf

"Don't stay at John Fowlers! "

St. Ives Holiday Village is also called