Good

Lovely view of the bay!

Good
Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"We stayed for one night at Boskerris. Our room was really well presented and clean with a view of the bay. The hotel itself is really light and airy with a lovely decked balcony in which to enjoy the view. The staff were very helpful and gave us a tour of the hotel on arrival. The only downside was breakfast. Although the breakfast was very nice (organic and fresh) the restaurant was busy and we had a long wait . However the manager did come out to apologise. I would recommend this hotel and hope to return in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Wonderful weekend!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"We stayed at the Boskerris for one night and would thoroughly recommend it to all. The hotel is decorated in an imaginative and contemporary way, with great attention to detail. The decking area was a highlight for us, we splashed out on a glass of champagne (£6.50) and sat looking at the amazing sea views! The extremely helpful bargirl brought us some nibbles as we waited for our taxi, (ordered by them) and gave us some recommendations for places to eat in the town.
The locally sourced breakfast was superb, and obviously cooked with great care.
The room was compact, but beautifully decorated, and with a great view.
The train station is a couple of minutes walk from the hotel, and trains take you into st Ives in 3 minutes.
A wonderful hotel, would love to go back!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Loved Boskerris

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"What an amazing find. Beautiful boutique hotel located just outside St Ives. Room was tastefully decorated in modern beach style. Breakfast was wonderful with fresh fruit, muesli, fresh juices and eggs to order. The lounge and terrace were wonderful and the staff incredibly friendly and helpful whilst remaining professional. The owner checked us out and really appreciated our business. I really couldn't fault anything about the hotel. This is how a boutique hotel should be -- thoroughly recommend!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of April 2007

Great food and staff

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Great service and really friendly staff. The room was clean and had a nice view of the sea. Very nice deck for all to use. Breakfast was top drawer. The evening meal was really yummy too."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of April 2007

Lived up to what I was expecting

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"We spent the best part of this Easter weekend at the hotel and were delighted with our experience. Nothing was too much trouble for the lovely Irish girl that checked us in and was there to answer our questions whenever we wanted . Everyone at the hotel was a first class example of good service and concideration. How nice to stay at a hotel where those looking after you look as though they enjoy it!! The breakfast was superb and served up in a lovely dining room that overlooked the bay. Our room was a standard double that overlooked the sea and though not too large was as good as you would get in any hotel of a higher grade.The room was vey clean and had a lovely modern decor. It could have done with one more chair though. A double room with only one chair meant that someone had to sit on the bed!!! The only other negative was in the bathroom where a freestanding bowl on a wooden top will soon start to show the signs of getting rather wet and tired every time someone uses it. Marble or tiles would have been far more practical.
The location of the hotel is fantastic as you can stroll to the railway station just down the road and jump on a train into St Ives and not have to worry about parking the car. Leave it at the hotek where there is plenty of room!
Accomodation was not cheap but then again the hotel is in an ideal location and is in first class order and you get what you pay for. I would recommend it to anyone,"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of April 2007

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at this amazing hotel at the start of March and had a faboulous long weekend. We had a superior sea view room and it was worth every penny - the room was beautiful and the view panoramic - not just a glimpse of the sea but the whole horizon. The whole hotel was decorated and run to such a high standard with lots of attention to detail - from fresh milk brought to your room for tea, to the comfiest bed south of Bristol. Breakfasts were a particular high point with fresh fruit and all local produce, matched by the evening meals which were excellent and very good value. The staff managed to pull of the trick of being always available without being intrusive and made us feel very welcome and relaxed. Our favourite part of every day was relaxing in the amazing sun lounge (decking a bit cold in March) with a glass of wine reading and relaxing. Can;'t wait to go back"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of March 2007

wonderful

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Day 1) Arrived a little early but the staff were great, they didn't mind at all. The irish girl (sorry i forgot your name)! she was great. She showed us around the hotel and to our rooms. We got to our rooms and were suitably impressed. Our room had a sea view which was beautifully designed, ( the decor was completely spot on). The carpets sprung under your feet, the bath filled to silly depths and you could see carbis bay from the shower cubicle (in our room) without anyone overlooking! Later that pm we had a coffee in the living area which is beautifully designed (again), the view over the decked patio is fantastic, i bet in summer even better.

Day 2) Awoke early. Due to it being my wedding pre run, the staff made breakfast for my party earlier than breakfast ought to have been. And it was beautiful. Fresh fruit, strawberries, kiwi, grapefruit, melon etc as well as cereals, yoghurt with honey and a great selection of iced fruit juices. The cooked breakfast was locally sourced and not a cheap fry up. Great service also.
On returning the staff had ensured we were aware of the train services and also provided mini eggs to feast on at the reception desk. My partner even hired a free dvd from reception whilst i was galavanting having a trial haircut! After returning from an evening meal in st ives we had a drink in the bar. Put it on your tariff and relax like you were at home. There are some great reads!

Day 3) Sunday breakfast, we were offered srambled egg and smoked salmon. It was gorgeous. Again the staff were faultless and did everything in their power to help make your stay really happy. And it was. Cannot understand any previous comments before hand (unless they live in some sort of super fabulous luxury).

Completely recommend. The only unfortunate downfall is you have to lumbar the suitcase upstairs. But i'm sure the staff would definitley carry up your suitcase!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of March 2007

oh dear!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Having looked at the website we really did expect something special and were happy to spend £140 per night (out of season) for the family room. Unfortunately this room had not been subject to the renovations and was of a no better standard than that of an average bed and breakfast. The main room was small with mismatched furniture and a very small double bed. So small in fact that my husband had a better night sleep on the bottom bunk in the childrens room! The adjoining childrens room was tiny and scruffy. I voiced my disappointment to the staff who said they would pass this on to the owners but we heard nothing back from them.
The next day my husband flooded the bathroom by taking a shower! The shower screen had a 2 cm gap between it and the bath!
The outside of the hotel is scruffy and our overall opinion is that it has great illusions of grandeur but nothing to back it up. Throwing copies of vogue and The Fashion Book over coffee tables does not a boutique hotel make!
It is a pleasant bed and breakfast charging luxury prices and we must admit to feeling very ripped off!
I'm sure some of the rooms must be very nice, the staff are friendly and the views are good but traveller beware. Check that your room has been refurbished recently, your bed is a decent size and negotiate your rate!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2007

Wondeful little contemporary hotel

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"My husband and I and our 11 year old daughter booked the Boskerris Hotel late on Friday 2nd March to stay on Saturday 3rd March. And we're very glad we did!

It's a small 'boutique' hotel with only 15 bedrooms, family run by a family that really cares about its guests.

The decor in the bedroms and all public areas is lovely (not surprising as one of the owners is a fashion designer!), the views of the sea are amazing, the staff could not do enough for you and the breakfast this morning was probably one of the best we have had in a UK hotel. The quality of the produce was outstanding, the service great - and those lovely views again.

The whole experience was faultless - and it's a long time since I've said that about anything!

We stayed in a double bedroom with a (very comfortable) sofa bed for my daughter. They don't sell this particular room (room 10) as a sea view room as it does not have panaromic views of the sea - but it did have a sea view, which was lovely!

Amazing value for £105 for the room including breakfast for the three of us. To be recommended.
[----]"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2007

amazing hotel

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"amazing hotel, 2 stays so far and cant wait for the next. managed to fit us in at th elast minute, literally 2 hours prior to arrival the call was made. ended up staying for 3 nights. beautiful hotel, lovely staff and totally relaxed atmosphere. you wont fail to enjoy it here. it comes highly recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of February 2007

Brilliant!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I booked the celebration room for my boyfriend's birthday back in July. He always manages to really impress me with his choices so this was my turn - and I'm glad to say he was very impressed! We got the sleeper train from Paddington on the Friday night and arrived at the hotel before 9am on Saturday morning. As check-in wasn't until around 2pm, we were given breakfast when we arrived (which I don't think we were actually charged for). This was lovely and set us up for our walk to St Ives. We came back to the hotel a couple of hours later, had scones and jam - no lunch available at the hotel - and were given some beach towels so we could lie on the beach until our room was ready.
We checked into the celebration room about 2pm and it was lovely! Beautiful colours, huge bed in the living room, shower / wet room and big bed on a raised platform.
We had some pre-dinner drinks in the bar before going to the Porthminister Beach cafe for dinner. Although I would have liked to have tried the hotel restaruant, I'm glad we went to the beach cafe as the food was amazing - we still talk about it now!
When we got back, we had a few drinks in the bar which only had a few people in it but they were all very friendly and borrowed a dvd from reception and had a nightcap in our room.
All in all a fantastic time - I only wished we could have stayed more than one night!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

Excellent All Round

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My girlfriend and I recently spent a November weekend at the Boskerris and could not have had a more pleasant stay. The owners and staff went out of their way to make our time there thoroughly enjoyable and really went the extra yard to make it that bit more special than other places. Rooms are tastefully decorated - views are extraordinary. The Sat night restaurant suggestion was also a winner - Porthminster Beach Cafe comes highly recommended. Would definitely return. The hotel is now closed for refurbishment until early in the new year - not sure how they are going to improve it but will definitely be worth a look when it re-opens...!"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of November 2006