holiday at wooda farm

Reviewed Tue 23rd of June 2015

"Lovely and clean site good area for traveling easy walk to Bude.
Site personal very polite and friendly.
The only fault is it is very expensive for dogs most cottages and sites.
Charge between 10-20 pounds a week not per night."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of June 2015

Camping 5*

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Stayed at Wooda Farm for 7 nights after calling on spec hoping to pitch!
Good decision made.
The tent pitches are all grass, most with electric hook up, and some divided by hedges. Pitches of a good size, and fairly level (can't say that of all campsites)
Showering and toilet facilities all of a good standard and clean.
Washing up facilities good.
BBQ's allowed, so long as you don't damage the grass.
On site shop (fairly expensive) On site bar (drinks very reasonably priced) On site restaurant (mainly bar type food)
All staff friendly and helpful.
Bude is around 10 minutes drive or a 40 minutes (approx!) walk away - but beware the walk back is up a steep hill!
Can't say we had any complaints about the site or staff and will go back again."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2010

Very relaxing!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Had a lovely time at Wooda. Stayed in a Sycamore caravan which was brand new and very modern - loved it! The park is in a peaceful area, no road noise and with views of the surrounding countryside and sea. The park is very close to a Morrisons which is handy and not far from Bude itself. The park is spotless and was quiet and relaxing - good for couples or families with young children. Would definitely recommend Wooda!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of July 2010

5* Camping Experience - better every year.

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"This camp site can do almost no wrong and despite my best efforts I could find no reason to mark Wooda down in any part of the TripAdvisor rating system.

I have visited Wooda on many previous occasions as a child on a family holiday. We used to caravan but on this visit I was camping with my partner, staying for 3 nights. The pitch we had was large and had amazing sea views, the site itself i probably about a 10 minutes drive from the beach which you could walk if you were feeling particularly energetic (and not carrying too much beach gear)!

The facilities on the site were plentiful and always clean, there were many showers in each block which were situated in large cubicles making it a hassle free experience to freshen up.

In addition to all the basic features you expect to find on a campsite there is a great pitch 'n' putt course, great children's play area and plenty of space for outdoors games of all sorts.

At the very back of the park is a camping & caravan shop which proved very useful (not connected to the park in any way other than location as far as I am aware).

There is a bar which serves food and shows sports, games room with table tennis and snooker tables and a new 'Sports Barn' which we thankfully didn't need to use as the weather meant we were at the beach every day!

As i mentioned every time I visit the park has improved in someway or other - always for the better - the park staff and owners really do make you feel welcome and part of the Wooda community for the time you are there. Special mention goes to the kind lady who works in the shop most mornings, always starts the day with a smile!

Wooda is a great park even though aimed at families we had a great time.

If I were to be pushed for anything which i felt could have been improved it would be the food service in the bar. Previously the site had a great little restaurant called "Linny's Larder" which offered a wonderful selection of homemade food, however this has since been turned into additional seating for the bar. We only ate there one night and the food available was pretty basic bar food you would find in most high street pub chains. This may have been due to our visit occurring outside peak season, but I must stress this was only a very minor disappointment as we cooked most night.

I would thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for a camping/caravan park in Cornwall that this is the place to visit!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of July 2010

Great place for camping

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We stayed five nights at Wooda, and it was one of the most relaxing holidays we've had. It's a great place if you're looking for peace and quiet, and also for exploring the beautiful North Cornwall area. Our pitch was spacious (if a little wonky) and there are sea views from most of the park. The facilities are really clean and the whole park is very well kept. We wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely be returning in the near future!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of June 2010

would highly recommend this park

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"during my experiance of Wooda Holdiay park in Bute, we found ourselves very relaxed and stress free, the park was of a very high standard, there were plenty of activities to take part in when we were there, for example golf and there were alot of wonderful walks for me and my partner to enjoy.

our only folt was going to early in the season, meaning that the bar and resterant was not open during our stay"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of May 2010

Absolutely First Class

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Stayed at Wooda from 2nd - 5th April.and very impressed from start to finish. Arrived around 15:30 to be greeted by the very friendly and approachable staff, who explained the facilities and park layout very thoroughly. Although we had booked a mid-range caravan, it felt as it we'd booked something more expensive - found it extremely confortable, very well kitted out and, most of all, warm (something that we appreciated at this time of the year, and had problems with elsewhere at the same time last year!).
Cannot sing the staff's praises highly enough - sought their advice regarding where to swim (indoors) - there were no leaflets available, but the girl on the reception desk kindly found the required information from the PC on the desk and gave recommendations regarding which pools would be more suitable.
Will, without a doubt, be booking another break here as soon as the oportunity arises!"

• Travel date: Sat 17th of April 2010

Nice relaxing caravan park

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We stayed in the middle range caravan which was clean and tidy, The beds were very lumpy and kept me awake a few times. The park is lovely and clean. Could have a better play park for the kids and the onsite takeout cafe was ok. A good base for sightseeing the local area."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of April 2010

one word answer - BRILLIANT

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Booked 3 nights (2/4 - 5/4/2010)
We arrived earlier than expected at Wooda on Good Friday (11am) although we knew we couldn't check in til 3pm, we went to the reception area and we were greeted by friendly staff, we said we knew we we early, but they said the caravan was ready so we checked in and were given the keys to our caravan and a map of the park, and everything was explained well. Arrived in our Caravan and it was brilliant very clean and tidy, well equipped with a seaview. After our first night we decided to stay an extra night so went to reception that morning and asked what the availability was and was told the van we were in was available, so we booked without hesitation.
We had a walk around the park, which boasts a fishing lake, woodland walk, golf course, farmyard animals, sports facilities, childrens play area and a bar. What more could you want!
We left today 6/4 very sad to be leaving such a beautiful site.

This site gets 10/10 we would definitely recommend to anyone thinking about staying"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of April 2010

The perfect place to chill!

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"I have been going to Wooda Farm Park for around 5 years now after being introduced to it my my Mumsy! We have our own caravan in storage at Wooda and it really is my 'happy place'. The staff are always very friendly and it is always clean and nice with the staff working hard every day to keep it that way. It's a perfect place to take the dogs too who absolutely love it there. Nice and close to Bude and lots of lovely beaches - I can't wait to make my first trip of 2010... only a few more sleeps to go!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of February 2010