Front of the hotel at sunset

Good

A terrific 2 night stay for me, my wife,...

Reviewed 26th August 2006

"A terrific 2 night stay for me, my wife, and 2 year old daughter. The owners made us feel so welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was exquisite and the service was the best I have ever had. Everything was spotless and very comfortable. The location was also superb with stunning views and just a short walk into town. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 26th August 2006

Lovely hotel and area

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"Stayed at the Mount Haven for 2 nights over the Bank holiday weekend. The hotel is in a beautiful location overlooking St Michaels Mount. The room was clean and well presented if not a little small. The bar / lounge area is ideal for relaxing with a drink whilst overlooking St Michaels through the patio windows. The meals were in general very good, although I thought the scallops were a little off one night. Overall the hotel is good, I think a few of the reviews overcook it a little, but you'll not find better in this part of the world."

• Travel date: 31st May 2005

Wonderful Location & Wonderful Food !!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"This was our last stop on a two week driving tour in Cornwall. The room and views were wonderful, the food was excellent, and the staff was very nice! The Mount Haven is the only place we will stay when we come to Penzance & Marazion!!"

• Travel date: 30th May 2005

Third Time.. still the best ever

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"This our THIRD visit to this hotel in three months. Last November, we booked a last minute trip for 2 nights. In earkly December, we spent four wonderful days there. The most recent trip was with my mum and dad to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. We were welcomed back as old friends.. Mike, Orange and Tom were all refreshed after their winter break. We headed for the same fabulous room we had last time. Tip: pay that little bit extra for a Queen size bed... it's worth it... the mattresses are fabulous! I simply love the lavish, yet stylish, interiors of this hotel. Deep, comfortable mattresses, crisp cotton sheets, exotic silk curtains and bedspreads; beaded silk scatter cushions on the bed and almost all rooms have balconies overlooking St Michael's Mount. The "Garden Bedrooms" do not have these views. We had one of these in November. Instead, you have a delightful, private patio which is your own personal garden space. The garden room we had boasted a queen size bed but no bath. Still, the shower was large enough and powerful enough for the two of us ;^) OK.. so back to February! We settle into our room.. the ensuite is a delight with its 2-person shower and deep bath. A kettle and full range of teas aand fresh coffee were provided in our room. Fresh milk was supplied in the small fridge. There is a handy work station for the laptop (some things must still be attended to... but what a fabulous work environment!) If you enjoy FRESH food that is beautifully prepared, then this is the place for you. In my opinion, this hotel gives you 5 star value at a 3 star price. Hows about a dish of fresh crayfish in a sweet chilli and lime dressing for starters? You have a choice of around 6 fabulous starters and about 6 main courses ..all freshly prepared. Even the bread is freshly made and baked by the hotel (YUM!). You really don't expect the food to get any better than this, then along come the desserts.. Oh My Lord.. if you're a fan of puds, then this is the place to be. Too full for a big pudding? Try the Roskilly's range of organic Cornish ice cream. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. The 3-day specials are stunning value and include a delicious, individually cooked English breakfast, together with that to-die-for evening meal. Wine is extra, as you would expect, and VERY good value for the type of hotel and the area. ..oh, and did I mention the views? Check my picture posts. St Mounts Bay is considered to be amongst the 7 most beautiful bays in the world.. and who am I to disagree with that! The causeway over to St Michjael's Mount is a 5 minute drive, or a 15 minute walk, and is a must-do. If there is one romantic getaway that you have to do, it has to be the Mount Haven Hotel, Marazion, Cornwall. And yes, we're heading back very soon!"

• Travel date: 17th March 2005

Definitely a Haven

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"My wife and I stayed here for a weekend. We were looking for a comfortable and quiet hotel with good service and a personal touch. We found one. The hotel is beautifully decorated throughout. The furniture and fittings in the rooms are of the highest order - the bed was superb - and the lounge and bar area was a very comfortable place to just sit and read the paper whilst looking at the view. The food on the first night was excellent, we both had the fresh fish option, on the second night, I had the fillet steak which was again excellent, (and huge) my wife's duck was rather nondescript. On the first night, one end of the dining room did get very cold but the staff moved us as soon as they could and the second night we sat at the other end of the room. My wife used the Therapy room and would thoroughly recommend it. Overall an enjoyable weekend."

• Travel date: 27th February 2005

Calm relaxing atmosphere

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"We went to this hotel after reading nothing but positive reviews on this website. The exterior was slightly disappointing but the inside smelt good and had a very calm atmosphere. The lounge area is lovely, with nice leather sofas overlooking the Mount. The bedrooms aren't huge, but offer good views over the mount. Back of the hotel slightly untidy and you also get a view of that from your balcony. A few loose tiles underfoot on balcony, so beware! Staff friendly and to an extent quite sarcastic, so be prepared for that humour. Dogs in lounge area all the time, so don't visit if that would freak you out. Meals fantastic though, can't be faulted. Try the scallops, they're awesome, as is the trio of creme brulee... The beauty therapist that comes in is fantastic, really knows her stuff and is really thorough. Had reiki which was the single most relaxing experience of my life. Children banging doors in the hallway outside ruined it a little, but still highly recommended. Overall great place, great location."

• Travel date: 22nd February 2005

Simply perfect.

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"Spectacular views of St. Michael's Mount, a kitchen which produced consistently superb fare from Cornish beef to fish just out of the near by sea, totally comfortably bedrooms, tea and a biscuit at the end of the day in the bar with the most hospitable and endlessly interesting owners, capped with a massage at the end of the stay which sent us all on our way, relaxed, refreshed and bound to return. It doesn't get any better than that!!"

• Travel date: 21st December 2004

Stunning and Relaxing and Friendly.

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"Hello I have just got back from this hotel (16th-19th Dec 2004) and felt I had to write about it. It took us 9 and a half hours to drive down to Cornwall and we were shattered when we got there. It was easy to find and we parked up. I was wondering if the long drive was worth it. Well that question was soon answered. As we walked into the lobby I was very pleased at what I saw. It was very stylish but comftable and the decor was right up my street. Beautiful sofas and ethnic style furniture and wonderful art hung on the walls and fresh flowers. We were given a very warm welcome and taken to our room. It is a small hotel and family run and I guess there were about 15 rooms.We booked the dearest room. Deluxe Room with a huge bed and balcony with views of the Mount.The room was wonderful. Everything I thought it would be. The bed was very soft and very large and there was a sofa and coffee table and dressing table and tasteful pics on the walls. There was everything we could ever need. Hairdryer, kettle, glasses, tv, dvd player, dvd's to watch, flowers in the room, loads of soft cushions, a fridge. The bathroom was stunning. A big room which was clearly new. A huge walk in shower cubicle and a sep bath also with a shower in it. The mirror was heated and there were plenty of complimentary shower gels and shampoos and soaps to use. The bathroom was beautiful, lovely tiles and everything was spotless. We stayed 3 nights and booked this room as a treat. £60 per person per night.It was worth every penny. It was cleaned every day. Spotless. Beautiful white sheets and soft white fluffy towels and the room smelt so clean and fresh. There was a huge balcony with table and chairs and pot plants and the patio doors that lead to this had stunning views to the Mount. Sadly the weather was bad, windy and wet but we still had a great time as the hotel was so nice and relaxing. Breakfasts were very good. They done cereal and cooked breakfasts.I had poached eggs on toast the first day and kippers the next and scrambled eggs the 3rd.My hubby had the full english breakfast. The food was very tasty and waitresses were friendly and polite. Evening meals were wonderful. We had drinks in the bar area, ordered our food and when the food was ready, a lady came and took us to our table in the downstairs restuarant.The food was superb.The Sirloin steak was the best I have ever tasted. It was tender and the gravy that came with it was spot on.We had two meals here and really enjoyed both. On our last night I had steak with shallots which was delicious. For dessert we shared a raspberry torte. It was fantastic. It was a mouse like torte with a side serving of red raspberry sauce and the whole thing topped with fresh strawberries. It had a biscuit base. You have to try this if you go here. It was the best thing I have ever eaten in my life. The flavours and textures worked so well. The whole place had a lovely atmosphere and relaxed layed back feeling about it. The bar area was beautifully furnished and the view from the huge window here was superb. There were lovely wooden terraces too for the summertime. The staff were very nice and friendly and genuine people who truly care about their guests having a good stay. The owner recomended a couple of places for us to visit too. Which we really enjoyed seeing.Sennen is a must see for its stunning beach. This hotel was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I felt relaxed and as I do not like dressing up (casual dresser) I felt fine here as the theme was relaxing and most people were dressed casual too. Everything about this hotel was right.The location.The staff, the food, feeling, decor, atmosphere.We even bought a painting as there were wonderful pieces hung up which were for sale.I am a very fussy person and I could not find one thing wrong with this place or anything I would say needs improving. The owners of this hotel have it right. I will go here again for sure. It is worth booking the Deluxe Room as the view and bed were great. I slept very well.When I got home normal food tasted so bland compared to the hotel food. This hotel is the place to go to chill out and unwind. I felt rested and relaxed and happy. I cannot wait to rebook next year. Thnks Rachel."

• Travel date: 21st December 2004

Fabulous in every way

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"We have just come back from a 3-night stay in the Mount Haven Hotel... and it was fabulous in every way. Our room had a stunning view over the bay; the decor was gorgeous, the atmosphere relaxed and friendly. And the food was out of this world. Fish, steak, duck, breakfast, desserts... everything was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. We couldn't fault it."

• Travel date: 9th November 2004

The Ultimate Chill Zone

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Some hotels have fab facades ....then the moment you step inside its that heart sink moment as you just know its all down hill from there from the moment the strong whiff of a chip pan hits your nostrils. Mount Haven is the absolute opposite from the off as you step into the joss stick scented reception - you can feel a long unwind is underway as even the dogs were chilled out snoring in the lounge! Your expectation levels are already high when the bedroom door opens to a stunning view of St Michaels Mount and the bay if you have been smart enough to book a seaview room. Nicely fitted out and boutique style, there is clearly zero tolerance towards anything remotely candlewick or Laura Ashley. The bar & restaurant on separate levels would not look out of place in Soho with quality artwork everywhere (currently by OH) and again an even more stunning view of St Micheal's Mount. The food, wine & ambience are faultless and the freshness of the fish will linger long on your palette. The steak too was a real treat for us carnivores and the kitchen was not only imaginative but totally consistent across the three days we stayed there. It really doesn't get much better than this surely! A great showcase for local produce and fantastic value ....but just dont spread the word too far eh! Peter Seabrook-Harris"

• Travel date: 25th October 2004

All Round Excellence

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Only booking our stay 2 days in advance, we chose the Mount Haven primarily because of the good reports on the Internet. We were very pleased with the choice made. Our room overlooking the Mount was bright, comfortable, spotless and furnished to a high standard. The meals were superb with a mouthwatering choice despite staying on an inclusive basis. The owners and all of the staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. Overall excellent value and a thoroughly enjoyable stay. To not enjoy the Mount Haven you would have to be incredibly hard to please or unfortunate enough to get the Hotel on an off day - if they have them. We will definately return despite the 800 mile round trip. Colin & Vicki Powell"

• Travel date: 4th October 2004