Exterior view

Good

Clean hotel, great staff and good value

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"We stayed at the Hayle Travelodge last weekend. Arriving early, the staff gave us our key and said that they would check us in later because if they checked us in then, the 'computer' would charge an early check in fee that they couldn't overide. We went to our room - it was spotlessly clean and smelt fresh. Sure some parts of the room and public areas could do with a lick of paint, not because the hotel is rundown but through 'people' use, i.e. where suitcases/overnight bags have scuffed the lower areas of the walls. The bed was comfortable, the room warm and the bath towels provided were enormous. Would stay here again."

• Travel date: 22nd November 2009

fantastic

Reviewed 6th March 2013

"I would recomend this hotel to anyone, it was perfectly clean and tidy, the staff were friendly and profesional and were able to help me with any querie i had. although parts of the hotel could use another lick of paint the overall cleanliness and tidiness was above and beyond what i had expected from a £55 room. the rooms themselves were kept in amazing condition, the bed was comfy, the linen was clean and fresh and the room was dust free. I consider this hotel worth much more than £55 per night and have recomended this hotel to business associates, friends and family."

• Travel date: 28th July 2009

Bedbugs!!!

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"I stayed in room #15 - I would avoid unless you fancy getting covered in bed bug bites!!!! My legs and back are covered in them - completely disgusting. I think I may have brought them home as I keep getting bitten and I've never had anything like that before, no pets etc... Also during the night I stayed there I noticed my nose closing up. Don't know if it was dust/chemicals/whatever but it's pretty nasty. The carpet and soft furnishings looked unclean too."

• Travel date: 24th June 2009

Below average - stay in the Premier Inn over the road

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"I think Premier Inn are currently doing a better job than Travelodge, and they certainly are in this case. Stayed one night here before moving to the Premier Inn over the road. Our room here was tatty, had a blocked drain, and there was a continual hum from some equipment outside. It felt very low rent."

• Travel date: 10th June 2009

Disorganised, dirty and worn out - Avoid - use the premier inn over the road

Reviewed 26th February 2013

"We arrived 20 minutes early but were point blank refused check in before 3pm, not even offered although site says early check in available here (at additional cost). We returned at 4.30, given key and sent to room only to find bed used, dirty towels and no tea and coffee. Carried luggage back to reception, had to wait for other customers to be served then after the receptionist bad mouthed the cleaning staff for their incompetent, he ran off to check what rooms actually had been cleaned. The room was functional, but jaded, lots of scuff marks on walls, just looked shabby and tired. There was water sitting on the bathroom floor with a line of rust from the door stop so this was clearly not a one off. The eatery next to the hotel is closed and boarded up but there is a brewers fayre across the road by the premier inn (which we will be using next time we visit this area!) Best avoid, although cheap, it's still too expensive for what it is"

• Travel date: 19th May 2009

Dirty rooms in need of a good clean

Reviewed 4th March 2013

"Stayed in this travellodge for 5 nights in december,although we found the location and rooms quiet at night it became obviously in need of a good clean and a lick of paint. overall ok for the money if you like a room that hasn't been cleaned very well"

• Travel date: 29th April 2009

Absolutely Dire!!!

Reviewed 15th February 2013

"We stayed at this lodge for one night last weekend and our room (no. 119) was absolutely dire. We've never seen so many thick cobwebs and the red painted wall above the bed had a thick layer of dust all over it. All the walls were badly scuffed and marked. The window was that dirty you could hardly see out of it and the curtain was hanging off the track. It would seem that the room hadn't been properly cleaned since the place was built (reviews said 2006) as the dust on the walls would have taken more than a year to have got to that stage. Aren't the rooms ever checked by management? It would seem not!"

• Travel date: 2nd March 2009

Not the best example

Reviewed 24th February 2013

"Probably not the best example and Ive stayed in quite a few. £44 a night was cheaper than the nearby Travel In at £55 but on reflection I may have paid that for a better room. The Bed was lower for some reason than others Ive stayed in, I think it was only the decor and otherwise it did the job I guess but I wouldnt stay there twice I have to say so in an emegency then its fine otherwise and at £44 for two? (no breakfast) well ok but I nice B&B would have been better"

• Travel date: 22nd February 2009

Another example of Travelodge good value

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Stayed here for 9 nights in August 07. Perfectly clean, very friendly staff, superb location for exploring the beauty of Cornwall. Only downside is the difficulty in reaching the local shops (M&S, Costa Coffee, Next, Boots, Brewers Fayre) on foot. Apart from that, this hotel is fantastic value for money. Pro's: Location (close to good shops, A30, P&R to St Ives) Cleanliness, Staff, Size of Room, Value for Money Contra's: Lack of footpath to shops. look forward to staying again."

• Travel date: 30th August 2007

Good value option in North West Cornwall

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"This is a brand new Travelodge, opened in Feb 2006. Quite a small hotel, with a tiny lobby. Friendly desk staff. Brand new rooms, with good quality basic furnishings, carpets. Good soundproofing. This is a 'no frills' property, and apart from soap, no toiletries are provided, however the rooms and bathrooms are clean and fresh. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. There is no restaurant on site, however there is a pud and a McDonalds accross the street. Overall a good value and pleasant place to stay."

• Travel date: 5th May 2006