Premier Inn Hayle hotel exterior

Helpful reception staff

Reviewed 16th June 2016

"Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for 3 nights early May 2016. The hotel reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. 'Michelle' was exceptional for her customer service And kindness in returning a jacket i left at the hotel. This was a gift from my mother so I was thrilled when the jacket was returned to me through express delivery. The hotel was clean and in an ideal location to explore Cornwall. We were exceptionally happy with our Cornwall break and would highly recommend this hotel. Miss L Perkins."

• Travel date: 30th May 2016

Fab, good value, clean, practical, close to St Ives & Penzance.

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"Stayed in many Premier Inn's and one in Hayle was consistant with standards have come to expect from the chain. Hotel & rooms where clean, spacious, practical/functional and good value. Staff where friendly and helpful. Free parking and a range of options nearby, for essentials if needed, a retail park with an M&S and Boots, with town of Hayle nearby which has all you need. It was a good base off A30, for travelling to places like, Penzance, St Ives, Lands End or just the coast, also a train station in Hayle if using public transport."

• Travel date: 11th August 2009

Excellent stay

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Had a brilliant stay, could not fault the place. All the staff at the hotel & Restaurant made us feel very welcome, especially the ladies on reception just a great laugh and really helpful."

• Travel date: 10th August 2009

Tired premier inn

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"The good points. We were welcomed by a very friendly and helpful receptionist, sorry did not get her name but she had long blond hair. Quickly she gave me a precise of Cornwall's good and not so good attractions, we were made to feel very welcome. The restaurant every morning was faultless, the staff were generally good apart from one female waitress who seemed to be in charge. When asked "have you used a premier inn before and I replied "yes the last 2 mornings, I did not want the response well I can't remember everyone I see so many people, I was merely telling her I was used to the layout, I did not expect to be remembered" . The location is excellent for St Michaels' Mount, Penzance harbour & prom, the Scilly isles trip, Lands End and the Lizard lighthouse, Falmouth to name a few, a more central spot you could not want. The bad points. The rooms (we had 2) were tired, the carpets needed a good clean and I could smell feet (not ours). But by far the worst thing for me was the odour form the toilets,from both rooms, one worse than the other. We then went on to stay at Liskeard, here the premier inn is much newer and I detected no unpleasant odours at all. The place needs a refurbish., you do not want to spend your holiday in a room with a stinky toilet smell, I actually felt sick each time I had to use the bathroom and the odour ( a bit like a well used public convenience ) entered the room on every occasion. We decided to use the reatuarant in the evening, we like to eat early. Initially we were turned away and then protested as we were staying at the Inn next door so we were accommodated. We waited forever for our meal, it seemed to take about 2 hours in all (we had a starter) so we did not eat early in the end. At 6 30pm the chicken had run out ! unbelievable. The meal itself was only O.K. The trouble is that it is too popular, we saw at least 30 people being turned away. So Premier Inn management do a refurbishment, extend the premises and see the profits double, at the same time giving a better service to customers. No internet access unless you are prepared to pay £5 an hour ! An ideal spot though and staff mostly very nice indeed."

• Travel date: 8th August 2009

recommend hotel but not the restaurant

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"my wife and i stayed here for a weekend in july 09 while touring cornwall.we were not disappointed, a lovely quiet room at the back of the building could hear the sound of running water from a stream with the window open by no problem for us.the room was clean quiet and the bed very comfortable. The restaurant however let them down dont order your full english to early because they will give it to you while your eating your cornflakes .Dinner was the opposite long waits between courses we also found the tables sticky ,window stills dirty and the windows could all do with a good clean. a good local pub that is well worth a visit is the Bucket of blood inn on the churchtown road, home cooking,generous portions and a warm welcome awaits you."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2009

What a let down

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"After reading some of the other reviews on TA I was really let down by our visit. The staff were great throughout but the room quality was far less than anticipated. We stayed in room one. Neither of us are disabled but this is a disabled room and was offered to us to satisfy our booking requirements/dates. All around us was noise. From the noisy internal doors, outside hotel AND adjacent pub parking, 24 hour garage just across the road and some groups of 'adults' that were not able to last the night without a smoke ... just outside the window. Room was satisfactory (despite the huge dead cranefly that was stuck to the ceiling all the time we were there) but the noise levels cost us three nights sleep. Fancy planning a hotel where the cars in the carpark came to within 2 metres of the window! Oh, and please, please service and regularly check the damping systems on the main corridor doors so as they shut as silently as possible. Shhhhwwwwwicccchhhh BANG should not happen. If you book, try to make sure you get a room on the first floor (as the ground floor ceilings are creaky) and at the back of the building. Vital!"

• Travel date: 12th July 2009

A very nice Premier Inn

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I thought this Premier Inn was better than most I've stayed in. We had a large room at the back which was very quiet - apart from the pleasant sound of water trickling in the stream outside. Bed very comfortable. Stayed two nights and would happily have stayed longer. This hotel is much nicer than the Travelodge across the road and the same price! We didn't have breakfast in the adjacent pub/restaurant because it finishes at 9am weekdays and we were never up by then. We used the cafe in Marks & Spencer the other side of the roundabout, which was nice."

• Travel date: 10th June 2009

one of the best premier inns

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"stayed for 2 nights staff were very helpful. Room was clean and a fair size. Hotel was a good price at £60 per night. Didn't hear any noise from other rooms. Near a fab beach. Mc Donalds next door and a pub. (food was just ok. Staff were stressed!!! food took ages to come and was only just ok!!)"

• Travel date: 14th April 2009

Typical Premier Inn

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"This Premier Inn is about 8 years old but it's still in pretty good condition. Everything worked as it should and being able to use our "Emerald" card made it particularly good value for money. It's next door (but not linked) to a Brewers Fayre and there's a MacDonalds and Shell garage across the road, plus an out of town M&S, Boots and Next a couple of minutes walk away. Handy for Penzance, St Ives and Truro."

• Travel date: 14th February 2009

Good value for your money, a nice hotel

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"We stayed there during Easter 2008 and were positively surprised. The hotel was kept in a very good condition and the room was spacious and very tidy. The staff was very friendly and looked after us. Overall I have to say that people in Cornwall are very nice. In the vicinity there is Mac Donalds, Shell, shopping centre (never been there). It's a good place if you want to explore west part of Cornwall (St. Ives, Man's End, Eden Project, Tintagel Castle). We also had full breakfast, nice selection and nicely and fresh prepared. I like Premier Inn, we weren't dissapointed this time."

• Travel date: 27th March 2008

OK accommodation in good location

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"It is a Premier Travelinn - basic but reasonable size room, clean with helpful staff. Brewers Fayre pub next door gave us mixed experiences - never had breakfast there, ate there one evening which was O.K. but no better - called in one evening for a nightcap and it was a shambles with uncleared tables, stroppy staff, etc (blamed on the tills all failing). Hotel is at one end of the Hayle by-pass. Opposite is a 24 hour garage with a shop. Across the roundabout is a Marks & Spencer (with a cafe), a Boots (open for medicines until mid-night!), a Next and a Costa Coffee. MacDonalds next to the Brewer's Fayre. 3/4 mile away down a side road from the roundabout is the Angarrack Inn - better than average pub food and a bit excentric (I recommend it). To go to St Ives, where we had two excellent meals, drive to the other end of the by-pass & follow the signs to the park & ride. 10 minute ride to St Ives - make sure you sit on the seaward side of the train."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2007