This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Kingsley Lodge

Winter wonderland

About Kingsley Lodge

Good

First class style and service

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Kingsley Lodge surpassed our expectations when we stayed there recently. We booked the Platinum room and found it to be the epitomy of style and attention to detail. The furnishings were exquisite. In the bathroom no expense had been spared with the fittings which again provided the highest luxury we could have wished. The hotel is set in the most stunning landscaped gardens and has a beautifully appointed seating area from which to enjoy it with a drink. Sadly we had rain all weeekend. Our hosts Jeremy and Cliff were hospitable and made sure we had everything we needed. Breakfast was delicious and prepared freshly for us. I would not hesitate in returning there soon."

• Travel date: 25th July 2007

Fantastic Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Whilst working at Tatton Park we thought we would treat ourselves to a little bit of luxury to enhance our working weekend. We got that and a lot more, the hotel is beautiful, with fantastic decor and style. The hosts Jeremy and Cliff were both friendly and professional with every attention paid to each little detail which is what makes Kingsley Lodge a cut above the rest. The hotel definately made our working weekend much more of a pleasure and the home comforts made us feel like we were being properly looked after. Nothing was too much trouble and we felt like we were staying with friends (all be it friends with a lot of style and fantastic wall lights as I recall!) The en-suite wet room was such a treat and the big bed and throws made it easy to relax. We will definately be back and would recommend Kingsley Lodge to anyone."

• Travel date: 24th July 2007

honeymoon stay

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Having got married in posh alderly edge, we booked into kingsley lodge for the first night of our honeymoon. It was definitely the right choice (getting married and the lodge both). Genuine warmth and interest from jeremy and cliff (which can be difficult i know to sustain when you are working in this industry). A really gorgeous room. Lovely garden to walk in. It is at the luxury end of the market but compares favourably both in price and warmth of welcome. Far more interesting than a big boring hotel. One slight improvement possibly could be the removal of the price supplement for a cooked breakfast. When you are paying quite a lot for your stay, it is a bit penny pinching to also charge extra for a cooked breakfast. We really liked the "just married " sign outside our room. It still hangs on our bedroom door at home!"

• Travel date: 18th June 2007

Loved our stay

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"My wife and i have just returned from Kingsley Lodge and must say the Hotel was magnificent, the grounds where gorgeous and Jeremy & Cliff the proprietors hampered to our every need. Whilst staying at the hotel we where up graded to the Gold suite which had a fantastic balcony view of the immaculate garden. The on suite was my wife`s dream bathroom and the room it self was to die for. I really do recommend this Hotel and will definitely stay again thanks again to Jeremy & Cliff for making our stay so memorable."

• Travel date: 18th May 2007

Beautiful and Relaxing

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"We were looking for a hotel in the Manchester area to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and to be within reach of Old Trafford for the final game of the Premiership season. We had considered hotels (much larger, chain hotels) nearer to Old Trafford, but came across this hotel quite by accident and we agreed to give it a go. We can quite honestly say we were not disappointed. From the wow factor of when you enter the drive, the personal welcome at the door, the beautifully furnished room, the high standard of decor throughout. OK, so you may say that you can get this at any 5* hotel. But what we haven't experienced at other hotels is the attention to detail that makes a difference between a good stay and an excellent stay. We quite literally made to feel like we were at a home from home and to treat the extent of the public areas as our own. The breakfast area was beautiful; the lounge with views over the stunning garden was homely and welcoming, and we wished we could have stayed longer to enjoy the gardens. Jeremy and Cliff kindly arranged taxis for us and advised us on where to go in the evenings. Their recommendations were, unsurprisingly, spot on. The gift placed in our room as were out celebrating our anniversary, was a wonderful and pleasant surprise for our return. Breakfast was excellent and most importantly, fresh. Looking at the similarly priced chain hotels in the local area, there is no competition - the Kingsley Lodge wins hands down. We will be back. Why? Because it was a memorable stay - the attention to detail was exemplary; the level of service was first class, yet unintrusive. Jeremy and Cliff were the most engaging and attentive of hosts and we wish them the all best for the future."

• Travel date: 13th May 2007

We loved the Kingsley Lodge

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"On the recommendation of a friend, my husband and I stayed at the Kingsley Lodge for a week in March. Everything about our stay was excellent! Our room was lovely - beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, comfy bed with luxury linens, very roomy (bathroom almost as large as bedroom in The Gold Room!) with a large window facing beautiful gardens. But the wonderful room was almost secondary to the warm atmosphere and ambiance that Jeremy and Cliff create for their guests throughout - we felt like we were family. We both travel a lot for work and finding this place in the Alderley Edge area is a relief as other local accommodations cannot come near to what the Kingsley Lodge offers for both the business traveler and those on holiday. I almost don't want to leave this review because I want to keep it a secret! Breakfast is delicious - hot coffee, fresh fruit salad, and warm croissants inclusive but you can also get a full cooked breakfast - made to order for just a little bit more. We also enjoyed yummy homecooked evening meals which are nice at the end of a long work day and reasonably priced. They are adding some more elegant guest rooms and a conference/media room to the Lodge which will make this a perfect place to have meetings for small groups. However, I recommend booking well in advance as word gets out about this place! For the quality of the room and overall service levels at the Kingsley Lodge, the slightly higher price than other local places is completely justified. Don't think twice - just book a room there - you will NOT be disappointed."

• Travel date: 24th April 2007

Best place to stay in Cheshire

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"I do a lot of business travel in Europe. Being a frequent visitor in the Alderley/Wilsmlow area for several years, I have always struggled to find a hotel that is not too scruffy, or too expensive, or (in most cases) both. Until I finally discovered the Kingsley Lodge 10 months ago. Now I never stay anywhere else. The Kingsley Lodge is really a fantastic place to stay. Elegant and luxurious but still very warm and relaxed. Only four bedrooms ensures a very inclusive atmosphere. The owners, Cliff and Jeremy, always make sure that you always feel truly welcomed and appreciated as their guest. The experience is far from what you find in a normal hotel. This is more like staying in someone's home. Kingsley Lodge is furnished with excellent taste and standard. Everything you need, both for business travel and private trips, is accessible. Wilmslow, with several nice restaurants, is within walking distance, but you can also get a well cooked meal at the lodge. If you visit this area, you should not miss the opportunity to stay at the Kingsley Lodge. You get very good value for money . and you will want to stay anywhere else after staying here..."

• Travel date: 16th March 2007

Super place, great service, luxury home from home.

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"The first impression is one of a luxury small hotel, and that is confirmed, however the lasting feeling is of a warm welcome, accomodating service and a lovely place to spend time. Really hard to fault Kingsley Lodge, yes it is more expensive than most, but actually I believe very good value for what you recieve."

• Travel date: 15th March 2007

Pure luxury and 5 star service just 2 mins from Wilmslow

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"My Wife and I stayed at the Kingsley lodge hotel in February and had a wonderful stay, having stayed in 5 star hotels around the world I must say this ranks with the best on all counts, the room was pure luxury and nothing was overlooked. Our hosts Jeremy and Cliff where attentive but not intrusive and the breakfast was very good, the view over the landscaped large gardens is spectacular and its very relaxing in the restaurant, we did not eat there in the evening but understand they do offer an evening meal, we went to the Alderley Edge bar and grill and as this is a wealthy and trendy area we spotted a few famous faces! The food was good & I can recommend it. When my wife and I stay in Wilmslow in the future we would now not consider staying anywhere else, we would not hesitate to recommend Kingsley lodge to family, friends or work colleges who are looking for something special rather than the usual 3-4 star places. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!"

• Travel date: 9th March 2007

Pure Luxury

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"Having just stayed at Kingsley Lodge for (at least) the twentieth time, i am long over due writing a review of this very special hotel, that I now consider my home from home in Cheshire. As a seasoned business traveller,"having stayed in some of Europes leading Hotels", I am away from home most nights of every working week,and finding high quality hotels in which to stay has become a major part of my life. kingsley Lodge is a really special find. It is the attention to detail that ensures my continued return, and the warm and genuine welcome that always awaits me. I often arrive late at night, usually following a long and stressful day. There is no queue at check-in or exhaustive details to provide (a chore so often associated with a stay at larger hotels) and I am in one of the (always) immaculately clean and luxuriously appointed rooms in a matter of minutes. My hosts, Jeremy & Cliff, always ensure that everything is perfect. There are always fresh flowers in the room, and the lovely smell of lemon-grass oil in the reception area. Everything I need is provided, including a light meal if I want a bit to eat and wireless internet access in my room. Breakfast is always freshly prepared (not a luke warm buffet that is so common these days) and served in the stylish dining room overlooking the immaculately kept gardens (better described as a park!!). There are many things I love about Kingsley Lodge, but it is the little touches that make this place so memorable and unique. Currently Kingsley Lodge is adding some additional accommodation. This will include a business centre, an additional guest lounge and a media room. There is also to be a new very large suite, which I am told is going to be even more sumptuous than the existing accommodation (I cant see how they can improve on what they provide now). I can not recommend Kingsley Lodge highly enough for both leisure & business travellers."

• Travel date: 7th February 2007

Absolute Perfection.

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We returned to Kingsley Lodge in December after an absence of 2 years. We live in Portugal, and, remembering the fantastic week we had spent with Jeremy and Cliff in 2004, we decided to have a pre-Christmas stay in Cheshire. Once more - an excellent decision. To stay at Kingsley Lodge is an absolute pleasure. Situated in the delightful countryside of Cheshire, Kingsley Lodge is only a 10 minute drive from Manchester airport, and a shorter drive to Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. The house itself is simply beautiful, the standards maintained both inside and in the wooded grounds and gardens have yet to be bettered in our experiences. Jeremy and Cliff share their stunning home with you, treating you with both respect and friendliness. On arrival, regardless of the time, you are met and shown to your room which, as other reviews have stated, are quite superbly furnished to very exacting standards. Everything you could require is there waiting for you, and the standards of cleanliness and hygene are of the highest possible. Spotless, fluffy towels, crisp but cosy sheets, state of the art TV and music systems........... To wander downstairs in the morning to the gorgeous breakfast room where fresh fruit salad (and I MEAN fresh!) warm rolls, continental or English breakfast, soft boiled eggs, fresh coffee in individual caffetieres awaits you is the most relaxed start to any day. I don't eat breakfast, but at Kingsley I have to because it looks so mmmmmmm After Jeremy and Cliff have sated your appetite they leave you to enjoy the Lodge, their own accommodation is adjoining so you have the freedom of a lovely hotel but they are just a knock away. They have a knack of knowing what you want before you do, and nothing is too much trouble to them. Having forgotten my driving licence, we asked for a taxi to go out in the evening, but Cliff took us. Jeremy had the car ready to take me back to the airport next morning - unasked. Kingsley Lodge, Jeremy and Cliff are very, very special. To miss out would be your loss. Not ours - we will be back again this year!"

• Travel date: 15th January 2007

Fantastic

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"What a find! The house and grounds are immaculate - beautifully decorated with every detail taken care of. Colin and Simon (hope that's right!) were wonderful hosts. We'll defintely return."

• Travel date: 30th September 2006