Good

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Reviewed 23rd January 2014

"Booked in for 1 night - but did not stay - website looks great in reality the place is not a 4 star hotel it is not as good as a premier inn bedding and bath had hairs in. not nice!! currently taking them to court to claim back my room cost as i did not stay there. general manager in complete denial and operations manager never returned my calls if this was a 4 star they would want to know how to rectify the situation, i was shown 3 rooms all as bad as the next one and told what do you expect after finding hairs in my pillow and bedding they are all like this so we checked into a premier inn which even smelt clean i felt like a shower after being in the rooms in the hall mark disgusting"

• Travel date: 23rd January 2014

NO electricity in room - no refund given!!

Reviewed 4th October 2012

"I am absolutely disgusted with the way I was treated after staying at the Hallmark Hotel, after a friend got married there. I went to my room, to freshen up in the evening, and there was no electricity. So then I have to wait around for the maintenance person to come up. A lady came and said that there must be an issue with the battery in the keycard hub, that lets the electricity come on. No problem, I said, these thing happen, I'll be downstairs for the evening so just fix it while I am out... Returned to my room, fell asleep, woke up next morning, no electricity. The hub had not been changed and so the battery failed again. As there was no window in the bathroom, I couldn't shower and get ready, and as I felt uncomfortable being dishevelled from the night before, I had to forego having breakfast with the bride and groom.. I went to checkout and was really nice about it, trying not to cause an issue in front of the new wedding guests that were arriving for that day... After all this, the hotel made it quite clear that this situation was not really a big deal. They made me feel it was such a chore to offer me a 50% refund, and when I went to Head Office, they couldn't see an issue either.. Quality hotel that cares about customers - I think not.. I'd rather give my money to another hotel next time!"

• Travel date: 4th October 2012

Stayed for one night

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"Recently stayed at this hotel as part of a party package. Very pleasantly surprised The hotel has just undergone massive refurbishment and it has been beautifuly done. Very unimpressive from the outside but once you enter it is very nice indeed. The rooms, although small have all amenities that are needed for a very pleasant stay. The bathrooms and showers are excellent and the beds and pillows were exceedingly comfortable. The standard of cleanliness was excellent. Staff very pleasant, attentive and friendly. My husband used the leisure centre, which although has yet to have its refurb, was a very pleasant place to while away a few hours having a leisurely swim. Breakfast next morning was a feast. Plenty of choice from cereals / fresh fruit/ full english to muffins and toast with lots of preserves. My husband and I always use hotel facilities prior to our holiday when we fly from Manchester. We have decided that the standard of this hotel is comparable with either Bewleys or Crowne Plaza on the airport complex. What did I like more about this? No aircraft noise and practically in the counrtyside! We have booked to stay again prior to our next holiday. i would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 16th April 2009

Excellent Venue with good quality service

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Stayed there for one night, wish it could have been longer. Food good, room pleasant and clean. Staff very friendly. Would definitely recommend it for anything from a wedding, birthday party, business conference, you name it."

Nice Hotel with Quality refurbished Bedroom, with friendly staff

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"We checked into the hotel a little early on Saturday afternoon and as our room wasnt quite ready, a gentleman took us into the bar and offered us a coffee and juice for the little one, shorlty after we were advised the room was ready. We were extremely impressed with the bedbroon and its good quality finishing touches, The Bar area and restaurant were really impressive too. We ordered food from the bar menu which was excellent value for money. Breakfast setting was great too. My only point on this lovely hotel is that the leisure facilties still require a further update to bring inline with the rest of the property. The staff were very friendly and really helpful too and would most definately stay again."

Avoid - grim

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Don't stay here - you'd be better off in the Travel Inn along the road. As per previous posts, the refurb has "touched" up the hotel by adding flat screen televisions and a better interior design but the finish is appalling. You'll not fail to notice the dirty carpets, chipped woodwork and generally poor finish. This is not a hotel for families, rooms are small and the bathrooms tiny. Room service also very poor with little choice and high prices. We've not stayed in such a poor hotel for a long, long time."

Great modern comfortable hotel

Good
Reviewed 17th December 2012

"I enjoyed a great dinner with good service and then a very comfortable nights sleep in the stylish modern room. Conveniently located for the airport. Would recommend to a friend."

• Travel date: 19th March 2009

no complaints

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"used hotel for the park and fly. we arrived after getting lost slightly around 8pm on a thursday evening. good check in and found our room which was very clean,modern however a bit small. we used the hotel bar for a couple of drinks and a meal and although a bit pricey it is what you expect for a hotel i suppose. the hotel was very quiet at this time. parked our car at the rear of the hotel on some rough ground along with other "park and flyers" and left our keys with the hotel which we put in an envelope and they put into their safe during our holiday. we were picked up by taxi as part of the deal on time early morning and collected when we returned from holidayat the airport with no problems. for what you pay it was a good experience and would probably use this again."

• Travel date: 13th March 2009

This is NOT a Spa Hotel

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Stayed in the hotel for one night, and the room was OK. Clearly the hotel has been recently done up and is in development stage. The building has an extremely UGLY exterior and despite the interior re-decoration should be considered to be very low grade accomodation. If you are travelling and just looking for somewhere to bed doen for the night then this would be OK, however there are probably far better cheaper alternatives. The pool is totally disgusting and should probably be closed down. It looked like it hadn't seen any care for yhears and the ceiling seemed to be collapsing in. The Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were out of order during our stay, however they looked more like they had been condemed as the whole area (which is seperate to the main hotel) was in need of significant attention. Put it this way, it is probably the worst swimming pool I have ever seen in 25 years."

• Travel date: 16th February 2009

Rooms great, but leisure facility awful!

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"We booked in here one night prior to flying out to Canada for or honeymoon. The room and the actual hotel was fine and the park and fly for £100 was great, but we travelled early yo enjoy the benifit of the leisure complex and wandered what on earth we had walked into!!! The male and fenale changing rooms had been swapped over, probably for maintanace (or at leats i'd hope) I entered the changing room and saw the cieling hanging off with mould!! Black mould!!! It sent a shiver down my spine!!! The pool area looked as though it had not been cleaned or decorated since 1960! I had a few lengths of the pool and then got out to look at the jacuzzi, but decided against it when I saw the murky water within. I made a quick exit and showered in the room. The pick up and drop of was fine, but if your not careful with the number on the way back to call a cab, you get Natwest bank! theres an extra 0 in the 0800! The man on the phone was great, but an old man came to collect us with very poor eyesight! He nearly had 2 fatels on the way back to the hotel and cliped a parked car!!! and he charged us £2 to get out the car park!! It's supposed to be all inclusiive! My husband went to the deask at Belfry to tell them of our journey from the airport and they were very apologetic and said they would inform the taxi firm. They offered a refund of the £2, but we put it in charity box. All in all the hotel was great, with a room service continental breakfast for early departures."

• Travel date: 7th February 2009

Superb stay!!

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"Great hotel - I stayed here a couple of years ago and it was really awful!! It has since been refurbished and they have done a really good job. The rooms look very contemporary - nice bathroom, flat screen TV etc. We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was good value for money and delicious! Overall the hotel was a real surprise, I would definitely stay there again!"

• Travel date: 29th January 2009

Fantastic hotel!

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"This hotel has been recently refurbished, which explains the varied reviews but all the work is completed and this hotel is excellent value for money. The staff were all excellent and could not do more to make my stay any better. I had my lunch and dinner (I would recommend the egg plant main course) at the hotel and the food was excellent and much better than any other hotels at the same rating and price. We used the conference facilities at the hotel which met our needs and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. Overall this hotel has passed the teething stages of a refurb and is a great place to stay in manchester, especially for the airport."

• Travel date: 28th January 2009