About Britannia Hotel Stockport

• heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • solarium

Good

This hotel is exceptional don't, know wh...

Reviewed Tue 9th of January 2007

"This hotel is exceptional don't, know why it is rated 3 stars as I think it should be 5.

The rooms were very clean, spacious and modern with sky TV in all rooms and Internet access and live entertainment every night from singers to discos.

Also there was play areas for the kids and a gym and swimming pool, also the hotel is close to a bowling ally and pictures oh and laser quest.

All the staff were very polite and entertaining especially the bar staff they made our stay a real treat and will be a memorable holiday.

A must go hotel. Britannia Hotel Stockport. "

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

Dirty

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"went to the britannia for a wedding and stayed over one saturday night< a few months ago> the room was dirty and very old> hotel bar ok _ but big ques> wouldnt go again>"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of June 2006

Whatever you do - Stay somewhere else!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"This IS the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The Manager is not interested in any complaints - lots of guest were up in arms over the food (diabolical) and they take your money BEFORE you even see your room - BE WARNED!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of May 2006

MOULDY BREAD AND BAD ATTITUDE.

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"On arrival, asked for change of room as the original one offered smelled foisty, beds were terribly hard and the room was just basically depressing looking out over the bins in car park around the back of the hotel.
The change of room was not much better but we decided to just get on with it as to avoid any more hastle. On removal of clothes from wardrobe shelves, my clothes were filthy with the dust. At breakfast we were met with mouldy bread for toast on the table. This was following the previous nights evening meal where I received filthy looks from the server at the carvery because I refused the fatty, bitty end of a gammon joint which you would have not given to an animal never mind to a paying customer.
This place I felt is surely a health hazzard and never to be repeated."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of May 2006

Waste of time

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I can't really write a full review of the hotel as I didn't ever get to stay overnight. The hotel lost my reservation and were unable to honour my booking. I had to leave the hotel without any help or advice from the hotel staff.

To add insult to injury, the hotel has now debited my credit card and refuse to give a refund.

Dozens of other 'guests' were in the same situation and the hotel showed themselves to be both imcompitent and unprofessional"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of May 2006

Faulty Hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"My Daughter, husband and 2 children stayed for one night in this hotel because her friend got married here. They travelled down from Scotland, so were pretty tired and had to get dressed for the wedding. I met up with them to help with the children. As soon as we opened the door the smell hit us. It was as if the drains were blocked. There were chicken bones, sequins, beads and dirt on the floor. It had never been touched. In the bathroom there was a silver sign with merry Christmas on it, which picked up easily so that floor hadnt been mopped since when? Christmas!!! The sheets on the beds were clean but the duvet covers had been used before. The place seems to be run by youngsters who cant be bothered and have no idea about customer care. The bar staff didnt know anything about wine, when asked what kind of red wine he had he quoted the brand name and again when asked about the white he quoted the same. Do they get any training? The whole place was very grubby and needs someone with an eye for detail because I dont know who oversees it now, but they have no idea about what makes a hotel. I have stayed in hotels all over the world from the best to a little hostel in Cape Town and that had more going for it even though there were fleas in the bed. I want a warm friendly greeting by people who make you feel as if they care and stay in a nice clean room. I don't think that is to much to ask for. The wedding went off very nicely and so did the wedding lunch. That was done professionally and the staff were on the ball."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of April 2006

Absolutely terrible

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This hotel is truly awful. The decor and rooms are appalling. It is dirty, noisy, outdated. The beds are terrible - so uncomfy and years past their sell by date. Things are broken, the staff dont seem to care. Breakfast is one of the worst I have had at a hotel. I would not advise anyone to stay here. It spoilt my whole weekend when I stayed there."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of April 2006

never again

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My husband and I have just stayed overnight at the Britannia Hotel, Stockport, UK. The room was very dirty - be warned - check the room carefully before accepting it."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of March 2006

okay is generous

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Very poor quality accomodation must be awaiting update. Security issues, staff unhelpful, should have read Tripadvisor before booking, would not go again absolutely not!
Very good greek restaurant in Stockport town centre near taxi rank and upstairs."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of February 2006

Disgusting!!!

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"We are in no way fussy and we didn't pay much to stay here. Firstly the receptionist could not find our booking and was swearing constantly on front of us at the desk. Then she asked US what room we were staying in when we were trying to check in! The room smelt damp and the wallpaper was peeling off all the walls. The bathroom was covered in hair, from the sink, toilet, floor and the worst was the bath. There were spiders making their webs in the corner of the bath and next to the bin in the bathroom.

In the morning i asked reception if they had a hairdryer i could use, the girl said she would get someone to bring it along... i never did see it. Also i bumped into one of the members of staff going round a corner and said sorry, she didn't even acknowledge me!

It's disgusting and i wouldn't stay there again even if you paid me!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of July 2005