Good

Mcdonald's is better!!

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"The showers are rather poor, well if u like sudden temperature changes then yes they are good. If my company was not paying for this I would have left by now. The service is nearly non existant, however they are polite when the arrive. Sausage and mash, well reheated sausages from breakfast. The food is always of a small portion, but is very basic, jenga chips are rather funny!! The cost of the food is something expensive. I'm so surprised, this is my second trip here for four days at a time, still crappy service, still crappy food Sorry guys I can't recommend you to my friends"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of March 2010

Ok but could do better

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Stayed for two nights at this hotel for a short business trip. Overall good for this type of hotel. Staff were generally helpful at all times. Breakfast was a disaster - people waiting for 15 or 20 minutes for the buffet to be topped up with odd dishes comming out insmall volumes. One evening I was sent away for an hour as they were too busy - but the restaurant was hardly full - less that 50% about the same at breakfast. Looks like the restaurant is OK size but the kitchen much tooo small. Get that right and the place will get a better rating."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of January 2010

Good value , friendly and helpful service – excellent breakfast

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Good value , friendly and helpful service – excellent breakfast

Newly built hotel 1 mile from station on a business park

Large car park

Very clean and comfortable room

Staff helpful and friendly

No where to eat other than hotel within 15 mims walk

Limited menu in hotel offering basic fare such as scampi and chips at a reasonable price of £10 ish which we both has and found to be excellent

Recommended"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

one of the best

Reviewed Sun 10th of February 2013

"Stayed for 2 nights whilst in area researching my family history. Staff wonderful and helpful and breakfast excellent and a good choice. Very modern and comfortable, room very good size, furnishings a high standard. I loved the wet room, plenty of soft towels and toiletries. Admittedly, not busy since it was the weekend.
I felt very safe and secure and this is important given I am female and was on my own.
One very small point, hospitality tray in bedroom would benefit from sachets of hot chocolate. not everyone likes tea/coffee."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of March 2009

Wicked and Modern!!!

Reviewed Sat 9th of February 2013

"Well i stayed at the hotel with my mate cus we where comin to see some friends at MMU, and to be far it is just my kind of hotel, really modern, everything you need there or not too far away and the staff where just brill.

I found the room to be very clean and simple, but simple in a good way because i like clean lines and no clutter, and that is just what it is like the bed was really comfy, the wetroom en-suites had the best shower of any hotel i have stayed in for a long time.

The bar of the hotel was really good as well it had loads of really comfy sofas and chairs so you could sit and enjoy your drink with the TV on and on your laptop becuase there is free Wi-Fi which is another really good point for the hotel, because places like travel lodges and similar places you have to pay to use the Wi-Fi.

The staff at the hotel where really friendly and the young lady who checked me in was really friendly and always smiling which i thought was a really good thing, (i think her name was Katie, but cant be sure), and when me and my mate came down stairs for something to eat we sat down and straight away a guy came and asked us if we wanted a drink which was good because we didnt have to go to the bar the bar came to us, (in a manor), we then ordered some food of the menu (can i please take this opportunity to say the burgers are really nice). The food was brought out to us by a really nice young lady (didnt catch her name, sorry) and she checked if we had everything we needed then went and came back about 5 minutes later again to check was still all ok. Which was a nice touch.

So overall i think it was a really nice hotel and would certainly stay there again!!!

Thanks to all the staff for making our stay really good."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of February 2009

What, no Lunch?

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"The hotel's website offers a 2 course Sunday Lunch for £9.95 with a free dessert. As we are local and this is a new venue i booked direct with the hotel.
On arrival we were met with bemusement and shown to the bar area and offered snack menus. When i advised them we had come for the Sunday lunch menu the waitress scurried off only to return saying the hotel knew nothing about Sunday lunch. ( A look at their own website would have told them). We paid for our drinks and left.
I e-mailed the hotel management to advise of my disappointment. They said it had been a lack of communication and the lunch offer would start in a couple of weeks time. We were offered a free bottle of wine on our next visit. Needless to say we wont be taking up their offer as the offer of a free bottle of wine might not have been communicated to the staff. They say lightning never strikes twice, but i must say it looks pretty stormy above the Ramada encore!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of February 2009

Lest Get It Straight

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Here is an honest appraisal of the new Ramada Encore in Crewe:

Pros:

Rooms are clean and fresh (the place is almost brand new).

Free Wi Fi is handy. Its also fast and stable, but this is a feature in many other hotels.

Cons:

They charge you £50 upfront in case you drink from the bar, or eat in the restraunt. (The bloke at reception said this is "just something hotels do". Its not something any hotel I've stayed in before does). This made me feel a bit uncomfortable and suggests they dont trust their guests.

There is no room service (I'd expect this in any hotel and dont really like mixing with the other "business" goons).

The rooms are extremely basic. You dont get wardrobes, you get two coat hangers. They are painted white and are lit like pub toilets. There is a strong municipal feel that reminds me of a barrack block.

The bar is like a podium with a Stella pump.

The restaurant looks like the office canteen when they do it up for Christmas (ie..you get table-cloths) Essentially its a bunch of tables in an empty room.

The menu is basic (getting the theme here?) pub grub, But hold on, there is a solution. See Below.

The lounge, again, this is harshly lit (whats the deal with the lighting in these places, surely it cant be that hard/cost prohibitive to be a little more thoughtful?). Basically this looks and feels like the waiting room in a very small regional airport.

Lets get it straight, this is a travelodge, not a hotel as most people would describe it. If this were how it were marketed it would be ok for what it is. Sadly, you can get a room in a travelodge for £19 per night. This cost £75.

I've stayed in the other Ramada in Macon Way many times before and this place is not a patch on it. Even with the McDonalds issues (theres one right outside) reported elsewhere on the site. Go there instead of here. I would also question the validity of the other reviews here giving this place 5/5. It just doesnt add up.

If you do end up here, there is a half decent pub called The Duke of Gloucester about 500 yds away. I ate there and it was warm, friendly and the grub was good."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of February 2009

What is going on?

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I have stayed at this property twice, once in November, when it first opened and just in this first week in January.
My first impressions in November where good, however my last overnight stay, has just been dreadful.
They have removed pillows from the double room, so you now only get 2 on a double bed! The soap dispensers in the bathroom where all only a 1/4 full and my bin in the bathroom hadn't been emptied. They also dont like turning the heating on???? Its January!!!
These are simple things that should not be wrong. Whilst my work pay for my hotels, no one should pay for no heating and a half cleaned room!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of January 2009

Is this a joke?

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on 18th and 19th November. It is a good setting for Crewe, and has nice furnishing, but oh dear, what happened to the service?

On my first night I had water knocked over me in the restaurant by a clearly under trained waitress. I can't knock the staff, they were all friendly, but it was apparent that bar and waiting on staff need some confidence and better training.

I checked in and was asked for a card to swipe. As I used my company switch, I was told they couldn't keep a swipe of this, and that I may have to ask me to pay for my meals each time, which was fine. On the first night, I was not asked to sign or pay for my meal. I had booked a wake up call for 7.15 the next Morning, and this never happened. When I complained about it all I was told was that the system sometimes does this... i.e. no apology. What was strange was that the system clearly did work, as at 2230 the night before, after finishing my dinner and going to bed, I was called by someone in the bar telling me I had to pay for my meals.. despite the fact I had already said yes to the waitress telling me she would charge it to the room.

I came back the second evening and found that the access pass to my room had been stopped, so had to walk back down stairs to get it reprogrammed. Whilst waiting in the reception, the staff member decided to yet again remind me I had to sign or pay for my meals. More harassment and very odd given that they knew where I was sleeping, had my car reg, had already been offered a card and has presented me with nothing to sign or pay for. What was more disgusting was that I was confronted like this in front of other customers at the desk. I had my evening meal and then made a point of paying for all my meals at the bar. THe staff didn't have a clue what to do, and I had to leave my drink on the bar whilst they moved me round to the main reception again to take payment, leaving my just purchased drink standing there for 15 mins. I was so angry with how I was constantly being harassed for payment, in front of others, when I had not been shown anything to pay for. I complained again that I had had no wake up call, and was assured that the following day I would get a manual call. Lo and behold, it didn't happen, and the telephone worked except the call was made to me 25 minutes later than what I had asked for.

Utterly dreadful and I won't be staying there again."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of November 2008