Victoria Lodge

A B&B with a difference

Reviewed 27th January 2013

"We spent a long week end at Victoria Lodge in early June 2008. Our stay was very enjoyable and i can only recommend it to anyone. As soon as we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the owner and showed to our room. The room was spotless and very spacious. The furniture looked of a very decent quality and looked carefuly chosen to make you feel at home. The location was very good and it is very easy to access the town centre. Breakfast was gorgeous, freshly cooked and of a very good standard. All in all, our stay was very good, it was good value for money and the owner being so nice made our stay even better. We have booked another week end for after christmas, and will probably book again for a longer break next summer. If you are looking for accomodation in Chester, then Victoria Lodge is a very good choice."

• Travel date: 11th September 2008

A great stay for car racing

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"Following our previous experience at Victoria Lodge I took advantage of their location when having a weekend of motorsport at Oulton Park, they are just 30 minutes from the track and they even set me up for the day with a great breakfast. This trip really worked out ideal as while I went motor racing my wife went shopping. A great place to stay so I shall now see more racing at Oulton Park and as Richard is also an enthusiast we had a good chat over breakfast."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2008

Friendly Owners

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"This is a cracking B&B. We needed somewhere family-friendly at short notice. Lovely owner said we wouldn't be disappointed and she was right. Homely B&B with spotlessly clean spacious rooms, really nice owners and a lovely breakfast selection. Easy to get into city centre but in a nice quite area."

• Travel date: 18th July 2008

A proper B&B

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"A welcoming reception to a well looked after B&B. The couple that own the Victoria Lodge are wonderful hosts. I walked into the building on a very sunny Saturday afternoon and got my room key straight away. The room I stayed in was lovely! I loved the colour scheme and how the room was presented. I wished I was staying there longer as I could see myself sitting in the armchair by the window watching the world go by - if there was nothing outside to watch - there was a TV! I had a very comfortable sleep and in the morning got to use the warmest, softest towels I've ever had wrapped around me! We then went down for breakfast. Service was brilliant, welcoming and had that personal touch you can only get from a place like this. Breakfast was filling - I had everything & more I needed! I left the Victoria Lodge knowing I'd be back & hope to visit later in the year."

• Travel date: 16th July 2008

Delightful guest house

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"I stayed at this guest house in July of this year. Breakfast was very good. The room was very clean, clean sheets etc and towels were plentiful. It's pretty near the station. A 15 minute walk into town (although I'm not a fast walker). I discovered a bus route which went right into town which was handy. One of the nicest guest houses/b&b's I've stayed in. I'd go back!"

• Travel date: 6th August 2006

Very clean and comfortable, close to the train station

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"We just got back from a trip to England and spent some time in Chester - a very lovely town. We needed something close to the train station and found Victoria Lodge to be a very good value. It was very clean with fresh duvet coverings and crisp sheets. The room had a little table with two chairs next to a large window. We found our room to be quite cheery. The breakfast was nice, the owner very friendly and helpful, and the place was exceptionally clean - something that is of utmost importance to me. We would definitely stay there again. If I remember correctly, the cost was 60 pounds (roughly $108)."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2005