Travelodge Chester Central

Exterior view

Good

Great Night Stay, Friendly Staff.!

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"I recently stayed at this hotel in the centre of chester which was great as there were plenty of shops within walking distance. Having read the previous reviews i was a bit worried about our stay, but i found it very pleasent. The room was very modern and new styled, the staff were very helpful in showing me where to park my car. One peticular staff member on reception, recommended a wounderful pub just around the corner. Overall we really enjoyed our nights stay, we have recently just booked another room for in december for a night out. We are looking forward to going Again.!!! : )"

• Travel date: 17th October 2009

Cold rooms!

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"I've stayed in lots of Travelodge hotels over the years. This one is in a fabulous location, very smart looking and our room had a fantastic view of the roman Ampitheatre. However that was the only good thing that could be said about it! It was stark, white , looked empty and souless. The en-suite only had a shower, the pressure on which was rubbish. The bed was small and very, very soft, if you have a bad back, as me and my husband do, avoid this hotel. We hardly got any sleep as we couldn't get comfortable and kept rolling into one another. We had no disturbance from outside though, as others have experienced. It was a warm day in September, but I had to sleep fully dressed, plus socks and a long cardigan to keep warm. There are no heaters in the rooms, air con is provided but it would not heat our room up! I can't imagine how cold that room would be in winter. There are no curtains at the windows and no way of opening the window either. The window was large and draughty. There was a small dressing table with no mirror! Maybe only women understand how frustrating this is, when doing my hair I couldn't see what I was doing! Thankfully we only paid £19 for our one night stay, as it wasn't worth a penny more. I will not be staying here again, and I love travelodge value usually."

• Travel date: 22nd September 2009

Cheap Clean Central Hotel

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"This hotel was only opened in 2008 right in the centre of Chester. They often do special offers with £9 rooms - which is what we got. Yes the room is basic but it is clean and has everything you need. I can't imagine staying there on holiday but for a night out in Chester it is perfect when all you want is somewhere to sleep! They could have done so much more with the large rooms and beautiful high ceilings but it serves its purpose."

• Travel date: 27th August 2009

Not a bad hotel for the price

Reviewed 8th March 2013

"We stayed in this hotel for two nights while in Chester for the races. I booked this hotel as it was a cheap central base which is exactly what it was. Hotel locations is really central, two minutes walk from the town center with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants, 5 minutes to the river side and 10 minutes from the racecourse. There are two NCP car parks less than five minutes walk. Could be worth noting that at least one isnt fully 24hour, you can park overnight but it is locked up so if you need your car late or get back late you will be stuck. I'm sure some parking on back streets is available though. Chester itself was nice, it was a big races weekend and there was a high police presence in town but didnt see any trouble. There are several pubs right by the hotel but didnt hear any noise and it was a busy weekend. Would give most of Chester's bars a miss, they are trying too hard to be trendy and failing. There is a good pub (Marlborough arms???) a few doors down that's really good, friendly staff and tons of good beers. in town i can recommend chez jules restaurant (French) and a Chinese place near the library (cant remember name). Hotel is clean and tidy and feels quite new, there were a few unexplained puddles in the lifts and a bucket of dirty water once but this this is down to cleaning work being done, Room was a typical travelodge room, space enough for two, a clothes rail, desk and TV. Bathroom had shower only but was nice. You cant get a breakfast to speak of at this hotel but there are loads of places in town you could grab something, cafes high street coffee shops, Marks and Spencer etc My only gripes are the check in times as usual with cheap hotels is rigid, unless you booked an early check in you must wait till 3 and you can leave your bags at the hotel as they wont take responsibility for them, staff are indifferent and don't bother to acknowledge you but that's not really a problem. If you use all the tea/coffee in your room dont expect to get more, you probably have to ask, or pinch some from the maids trolley. Overall i would recommend this hotel, its cheap and in a good spot, if you are looking for the treatment you get in a 'proper' hotel then dont stay here but if you need a cheap base then go for it."

• Travel date: 27th August 2009

Worst night in a hotel ever

Reviewed 6th March 2013

"This hotel is right in the centre of Chester, so I had to endure the locals shrieking and whooping outside the two nightclubs outside my window until 430 on a sunday morning. As if that wasnt bad enough, the room was so stark it had no curtains, just a roller blind, prison-level furniture (I imagine!) and no bath, just a shower. To cap it this hotel has no parking at all, so I had to park the car 600 yards away. If it has not been a saturday night that would have been 1000 yards. To add insult to injury this was a £90 a night hotel, instead of the normal travellodge £60 ish. Really this hotel should never have been given planning permission, and doesnt deserve any custom at all. Utterly vile."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2009

Poor value for money, even poorer service

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"Hotel facilities are extremely basic. Rooms lack any feeling of "homeliness" this is just a place to put your head down, nothing more; Very poor value for money. The only good point is the closeness of the hotel to the City centre to escape to more amenable comforts. Will not be staying at this hotel again."

• Travel date: 31st July 2009

great budget hotel,good location

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"found this hotel to be a good base for seeing and doing everything in the city.we stayed one night ,very comfortable and clean.this hotel is in an ideal location for the bars and local restaurants.all in all a refreshing change from the overpriced hotels i haved stayed in miles from anywhere."

• Travel date: 28th July 2009

Great location, great value, highly recommended!

Reviewed 7th March 2013

"We stayed for an night with two young kids in a family room and whilst it was basic, it was clean and had plenty of space. Great location in centre of town, just around the corner from shops, restaurants and attractions, and only 10 mins drive from Chester Zoo (the reason for our stay). It is above a bar, which was a little noisy on the Sun night we stayed, we could hear the live music as the doors were open, but luckily it was decent music! Parking was a bit of a pain as car locked into NCP park after certain time of night (no good if you've forgotten something). Would definitely stay here again - much better than many Travelodges."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2009

Cheap, Cheerful and Good Location

Reviewed 26th February 2013

"Stayed for one night in a disabled room taking advantage of the cheap Travelodge offers. Hotel is in an excellent location and was clean and comfortable. Wet room with shower was perfect for our needs"

• Travel date: 22nd May 2009

Perfect location, very good value for money

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"We stayed there over Christmas for a few nights to spend some quality family time and it turned out to be a great choice! The hotel is ideally located, right in the centre of Chester.Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable, not to mention very good value for money! The only bad point was that there is no car park but there are plenty of paying car parks only metres away from the hotel but if you are staying for a few nights it can be quite expensive.Apart from that, everything else was great and we had one of the best Christmas ever and i am very confident that we will use again in the near future!"

• Travel date: 5th March 2009

Excellent location

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"Stayed in this travelodge for 3 nights at £19 a night. Found the staff helpfull and friendly and if we needed anything just ask, like more coffee and tea bags. Stayed in a front facing room and didn't have any problem sleeping. We did stay at the coldest spell the country has had and once we worked out how to use the heating we were nice and warm. Ideal location with the cenre just around the corner. Car park nearby and my only gripe is that it cost us £30 to park but we did not use the car while we were there because we had everything we needed nearby. I would go back again but maybe by train or bus."

• Travel date: 7th February 2009

Christmas at Chester

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Visited this travel lodge after booking the £9 a night deal, having seen some of the previous reviews, got a bit worried about what to expect. Parked in the nearest multi storey as parking was not available on the doorstep. £10 for 24 hours,not bad for city centre parking. Went looking for somewhere to eat in the city centre, but ended up next door in the pitcher and piano. Sunday night was really quiet, but they did 2 for 1 meals and offers on beer, so enjoyed the evening there. Rooms are really basic, but modern by travel lodge standards, beds are a bit too soft for our liking, but we only stayed one night so it didn't matter that much. Went to the Blue planet aquarium for the afternoon, before moving onto another travel lodge at Halkyn just in Wales."

• Travel date: 31st December 2008