Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel

20-24 City Road, Chester CH1 3AE England

Good

1st class

"stopping in chester stop at the premier inn 10/10 for every thing, meal deal superb deal, could not fault any thing will be going back next year"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of November 2009

great hotel at a great price!

"We stayed for two nights this week as a short break. Its the first time we've stayed in a Premier Inn-but it won't be the last. I was very pleasantly suprised at the standard in this hotel. We managed to get parked in the hotel car park, which was £4.50 for 24 hours(added onto bill).Ask at reception they'll tell you how to access it and if there are any spaces. Hotel is idealy situated just on the fringe of the city centre. Close enough to walk into city within a few minutes but far enough out of the centre that it was quite at night. A couple of minutes walk in the other direction takes you to the train station. the room was very clean and well kept, as was the bathroom. With all the usual facilities you would expect. Staff warm, friendly and helpful. Breakfast good value and quality (kids eat free witha paying adult) also kids eat free in an eavening. We bought a meal deal for one night Which was £20 per adult for a two course evening meal including a drink and also included your breakfast the next morning. Plus our daughter got a two course meal and her breakfast free.I felt very safe in this hotel you had to use your door key card to get access to stairwells and corridors so I felt like nobody could wander in off the street and be roaming around.All in all a graet hotel at a great price we paid £29 a night for the room with a promotion on thier website plus the meals and parking it cost under £100 for the two night stay."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of October 2009

What a nice place to stay!!

"Have just returned from a one night stay at Premier Inn Chester City Centre and hey! what are all these wingers talking about. We paid 65 quid per room, 2 ladies in each. Clean, comfortable, bathroom great - fab shower. We arrived at 8.45 am on Saturday morning having flown into Liverpool from the Isle of Man (8 ladies!!) and the staff were so nice. We wanted to leave our bags so we could go shopping - no problem at all. We also wanted breakfast but hadn't booked - no problem at all. They were extremely busy but found room for us and what a great breakfast it was too, all you could eat for 7.95 (pound sign doesn't work on this pc!!) A fresh well cooked assortment and they made us feel so welcome - even though they were so busy. Howard is fab!!
We would all recommend this Premier Inn, very central for Chester, staff great, breakfast really, really good."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of October 2009

Couldn't have got any better!

"Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights and could not fault the hotel. The bedrooms were clean and tidy, the hotel staff were very friendly and willing to help and the breakfast was superb. The hotel is in an excellent location and it is very easy to get to Chester City Centre. There is limited parking at the hotel, but we parked at the train station which only cost £4.70 for 24 hours which is pretty reasonable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an enjoyable stay in Chester."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of October 2009

Lovely hotel. Great service

"The hotel is ideally located in between the train station and the town centre, and doesn't take very long to get anywhere at all. On arrival i was greeted by the extremely friendly and helpful receptionist, who stopped at nothing to ensure I was comfortable, knew where to go and gave assistance on heping me decide where to eat. She made me feel extremely welcome.

The room was exceptionally clean and tidy, with an enormous, comfortable, bed. The bathroom was well appointed and all was furnished to a high standard.

Overall i had a very comfortable stay in a hotel where i felt safe and well looked-after."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of October 2009

First Class Service at Premier Inn prices

"We had an excellent stay this weekend at the Premier Inn Chester. The Service from start to finish was excellent, and the room and bed comfort 1st class.

The hotel is ideally located, and although it doesn't have parking, there is a free car park( don't tell anyone) if you take the first right past the hotel and first right again.

Will certainly be back"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of October 2009

Top class

"Recently had a one night stay at this hotel and can have no complaints at all. The check in was smooth (although there was a problem with card key access to the room but this was efficiently resolved by the girl on reception), the rooms were of a decent size, were clean and modern with comfortable beds and a nice bathroom. Flatscreen plasma tv in the room with freeview, tea and coffee making facilities as you would expect.

The hotel itself was modern with a nice restaurant/bar area just off reception. The location of the hotel was perfect for our needs being situated close enough to walk to many of the better bars in the city. The staff were very friendly, sunday morning papers could be ordered from reception the night before as could breakfast. We didn't know if we''d be up in time for breakfast so didn't pre book but no problems the following morning when paying on arrival in the restaurant.

If I return to Chester for another night out I'll definately be looking for availability at this hotel before checking anywhere else."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of September 2009

Top marks

"Our first stay at a Premier Inn, but it will not be the last. We had been travelling around Wales for a week and were on our last night working back towards home. We had stayed in four star hotels all week and paid staggering prices, but none of them came up to the cleanliness, comfort and friendliness of staff that we found at this Premier Inn.
We had a sharing platter in the bar in the evening which was perfect. The breakfast was super - the only fault was that the toaster must have been on a very high setting and was burning the bread, unfortunately the young and very efficient and polite member of staff on duty that morning did not know how to turn it down. The beds were very comfortable, and the bedding was soft. All the staff were very friently and efficient. I asked for extra milk and sugar in the evening and was handed a box filled with coffee,tea,sugar and milk and told to help myself. What a differrence from the night before in a four star hotel when I was grudgingly handed three cartons of milk and four sachets of sugar. If only we had known about Premier Inns at the beginning of our break we could have saved a fortune and had a much better experience to boot."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of September 2009

Better Than Any 5 Star Hotel

"I stay all around the Uk for Business and Pleasure purposes. And this has to be one of the best hotels i have stayed in.
The Staff could not do enough, Breakfast you can eat all you can. So filled up for the day.
The only downside is not enough car parking on site however for £4.50 you can park on site with secure parking knowing that your vehicle and contents are safe.
As other hotels in the area charge upto £12 to park.
location you are a stones through away from everything in the city.

GREAT STAY, WILL BOOK AGAIN WITH OUT FAIL."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of September 2009

Be very careful booking with Premier Inn

"Their booking system is flawed and if you go back on anything the date changes from your booking to the current date! They have no customer service standards at all, when you write to them they don't reply, when you ring they don't ring back, if you e-mail they ignore it so very shoddy all together,

the only response they could manage was a standard note saying they would make sure it would not happen to anyone else but they will still keep your payment! as family we will never give any whitbread establishment a further penny."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of September 2009

Premier Inn's Usual high standards

"Stayed here Fri - Sun August bank holiday weekend. If you have stayed in Premier Inn's before, you'll be familiar with their usual high standards and this one doesn't disappoint.
It was full but from the inside you wouldn't have known - we rarely heard any noise at all. It was a little noisy outside in the morning (laundry delivery, bottle empyting) but it didn't bother us. Check in (and out) was quick and easy. Staff very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel.
Well situated for easy access into the centre - we used the subway and canal paths during the day and just stuck to the roadways at night. Either way, it is literally only 2 - 3 minutes before you reach the street which runs through the centre of Chester. Equally, you can walk along the canal towpath, either way, and you wouldn't know you were near to a city at all. We enjoyed watching people navigating the locks and chatting to them as they did so. We can also recommend walking the city walls which you can get to from a variety of points and 'step off ' when you feel the need for refreshment! The cathedral is worth a visit (£5 for adults) and we would recommend you take the 'guided tour' with the headset - you can walk round at your leisure and listen to the commentary at various points for as long a time as you want to.
We didn't eat in the hotel (but plenty did) and we did use the bar at night - good choice, reasonably priced, service sometimes a little slow as one of the bar staff in particular was very chatty with everyone....but better than being miserable and rude!
As other reviewers have stated, car parking is very limited. You can park on City Road itself (either side) between 6pm and 8a.m. and can stay for one hour from 8a.m. - 6p.m. so, in reality, you can park there from 6p.m. - 9a.m. The car park at the station was full so we used the pay and display during the day (just around the corner from the hotel, up the side street at the side of the Cross Foxes pub - £5.40 between 7a.m. - 6p.m.) and put the car back on the main road overnight. As there were spaces then from lunchtime on Sunday, we moved the car into the hotel car park (£4.50 for 24 hours).
Tried several pubs, bars, coffee shops and eateries during our stay. Can recommend Zizzi's (Italian pasta, pizza etc) and also the Boathouse Pub - right along the river, past where the pleasure cruises depart from - they do very reasonably priced snack and main meals and the view at the side of the river is lovely..
Tried the Brazilian restaurant, just next to La Tasca. Although no major complaints, it wasn't really to our taste as some of the meats served (beef and lamb) were 'rare'. However, the sausage, pork and chicken were excellent and you can eat as much or as little as you want, all for the set price of £17.95.
Would definitely recommend both the hotel and Chester to you."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Friendly, helpful staff and a good location.

Good

"I stayed at the Premier Inn in Chester on an August bank holiday visit to the city, after seeing mainly positive reviews of the hotel here on Trip Advisor. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. I was checked in by Vicky, who was welcoming and helpful. When she learned that I was planning to visit Chester Zoo the next day, she gave me useful information on catching the free shuttle bus to the zoo.

The hotel seems safe and secure, with internal corridor doors needing a room key to unlock them. The rooms were clean, and fine. The lighting was a little dim for my liking, and I would have liked better toilet paper in the bathrooms (the dispenser gave out very thin sheets, so I had to grab several at a time.) However, the bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet, there was a flatscreen TV with freeview channels, and I was able to access and pay for the wifi service offered by the hotel. I would have prefered free wifi, for what I paying, but the connection was fine once I'd established it.

So the room suited my needs just fine. The location of the hotel close to the train station, and with just a short walk into town, makes it convenient. The underpass you'll go through to get into town is a bit grim, but I had no problems using it.

I pre-paid for breakfast in the morning. This was a buffet with hot English breakfast options, and Continental options like croissants and cereal. The food was fine. If you're on a budget and don't want to get breakfast there though, you could walk into town. There's a Subway and other places to eat nearby. There's also a very good Thai and Teppanyaki restaurant practically next to the hotel, and some Indian restaurants and other takeaways nearby. If you want Chinese food, the Summer Palace which is on the way into town is also very good, and again, within an easy walking distance. So you'll have no trouble finding somewhere to dine if you don't want to use the hotel restaurant in the evening.

I wouldn't mind staying here again if I visited Chester in the future, and would recommend this hotel to friends who might want clean, safe budget accommodation in a good location."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Hotels near Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel

Stayed at Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel

• Sue A by Sue A

"Make the most of the sites, weather permitting "

Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel is also called