BarLounge

• wine champagne
  • russian amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • hungarian amenities
  • electric vehicle charging station

Good

Clean, friendly, modern and spacious hotel.

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"This hotel is situated in MKDONS stadium, it is also i the same park as mcdonalds, KFC and ASDA. We stayed for 2 nights while seeing the bikes at silverstone. We choose this hotel due to location and a deal with Tesco. We were greeted by a friendly gentleman on reception and given a free homemade cookie each. The room looked out on the stadium and was very clean and spacious. The only negative we had through the stay was , the second day after the room was cleaned n toilet roll was left. However we contacted reception and were bought some up within 15 minutes. Breakfast was buffet style and consisted of full english breakfast ingredients . Tea, coffee and juice. I would have licked some cold water but maybe that could have been provided if asked. All staff were friendly and the room was very nice. We had a big flatscreen tv and free wi-fi which was great too. I would recommend this hotel to my friends but would take my own pillows as they were very soft."

• Travel date: 7th August 2010

Modern, clean hotel situated in MKDons football stadium.

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"Have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Doubletree. We went to MK for a concert at the Bowl. Location wise for us it was just right. I'm not a football fan, but it was different to be staying in a hotel situated in the stadium building itself. The room was very spacious and modern, and although we were not in a pitch side room, which meant we had a view of the car park, that did not matter to us. Reception staff were very helpfull, and the room was very clean. On the first evening we had our dinner at the Doubletree and had a table in the restaurant overlooking the pitch, which was different. Breakfast is also served in the same restaurant. The food at both meals was very good. If I were to go to Milton Keynes again for a concert at the Bowl, I would definately stay at the Doubletree. Just in case you are wondering it was Prodigy that we went to see! (no we are not youngsters either, we are in our mid 50's)"

• Travel date: 25th July 2010

Lovely modern hotel

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"We stayed here a couple of weekends ago on the way to Silverstone for Motogp. It is a lovely clean modern hotel with friendly and helpfull staff. we stayed in a pitch facing room and found the view very interesting and we are not even football fans! Our only complaint would be Service in the resturant was a little slow for dinner sat night night and breakfast sunday morning, even to the extent that the doors were still locked at after 7 and we and some other guests had to go down to reception and find out why. Also we were then told that hot food would not be out untill 7.30, this would not normally be a problem but my husband and many others were anxious to get to Silverstone. However as Hilton Honours members my room preferences were applied exactly as I asked high floor away from elevator, end of corridor actually, perfect! Would I stay here again? well we have another trip to milton keynes planned for next month and I think I would."

• Travel date: 30th June 2010

Modern Hotel with frindley staff and a warm welcome

Reviewed 24th March 2013

"The Hotel was built into the MK Dons Stadium with some great views across the pitch. The Red bar had a great atmospher whilst I watch the Would Cup. The Restaurant menus were well balence and very reasonably priced compaired to other hotels I have stayed at in Milton Keynes."

• Travel date: 19th June 2010

Best nights sleep in a hotel I have ever had!!

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"I stayed here and attended a family get together. Everyone was impressed with the pitch view. Food in the hotel was a great deal but we ate on the special set menu (£35 per couple with a bottle of wine) I think I am particulary hard to please and I was impressed. One smalll niggle is the breakfast wasn't upto the standard of everthing else. I think if it was a served instead of a buffet breakfast it would make a real difference. It really didn't look very apetising. Other than that I would totally recommend it."

• Travel date: 16th June 2010

Superb!

Reviewed 26th March 2013

"I can actually say that this is one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed in and I have stayed in a lot. From first walking into the hotel to going to sleep at the end of the night - it was SUPERB! The cookie on arrival is such a lovely welcome and the staff make you feel at home straight away. The room was lovely, very clean and very comfortable. The food was fantastic and service was not far behind. I must say that it is lovely to be in a hotel where all the staff make the effort to smile and say hello and nothing is too much trouble for them. All I can say is carry on the fantastic job and I look forward to staying again in the near future."

• Travel date: 10th June 2010

Service great, connecting doors abysmal!!

Reviewed 22nd March 2013

"My room had a connecting door to the room next door which afforded none of us any privacy at all, I could hear everything coming from that room from bathroom activity down to the opening of a sugar sachet in the morning. I have to say I barely had any sleep over 3 nights as the noise was terrible not to mention the light coming from the room next door via the connecting door, never have I known such thin walls and such a poorly constructed door. That said though the room itself was very spacious and clean and I cannot fault the service from every member of staff that I spoke to, even though they did give me a double room when I'd actually booked a twin, this was sorted fairly quickly though!! Dinner in the restaurant was pleasant enough, not cheap but incredbly nice. My only other slight grievance is that whilst it's a lovely welcoming gesture, the warm cookies given out at check in really should be nut free, in this day and age of nut allergies being more prevalent (I myself am a sufferer) I think it's crazy that cookies are given to you containing nuts, why not just chocolate ones??!!"

• Travel date: 1st June 2010

Would be good minus the disco

Reviewed 23rd March 2013

"Having stayed before - and was reasonably pleased - I decided to add a weekend en route to a trip Up North. Rooms are spacious, well designed, with effective aircon (needed on a hot, possibly the only hot weekend of the year. There is a fridge which is handy for keeping milk and cold drinks (there is a large Asda nearby), and rooms are quiet apart from one small problem. Food is uninspired, esp breakfast but you;d have to be nuts to eat here for a special occasion. And the venue is odd - part of the MK Dons stadium with litter strewn around and a 'wasteland' feel around it but it does have the bonus of easy parking, if you can find it if MK's daft road system. The hotel was holding a possibly regular disco on my first night there. Which could be heard clearly from my fourth floor room. Along with some of the, ahem, patrons enjoying the night air outside. I think any hotel which cannot provide a quiet night's sleep for its guests deserves to struggle - I won't be going back - and may explain the cheap rates. So if you want to pay for a bed and don't mind not getting any sleep this may be the place for you. The very least they could do is put guests in rooms away from the noise. Easy since it was far from full."

• Travel date: 23rd May 2010

Diabolical!

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"This hotel is probably the worst i have ever stayed at. We arrived on match day, had paid for a view of the stadium but had to sit in the dark until the match finished as we hadnt bought tickets for the match! They never told us this at check-in and never refunded the extra charge for a stadium view. Surely this is a matter for trade descriptions?! We were shouted at by match officials and a member of the hotel staff just wandered into our room to talk to us about the problem without knocking. How very rude! When i said this was completely unacceptable to him, he didnt seem bothered. I went to complain at reception and got 1 free drinks voucher. Being cheeky i asked for another as me and my partner were both having to suffer this horrendous customer service. They did give me another voucher. We ate in the hotel that night and had a drink in the bar before our meal,using the free drinks vouchers. As it was match day they had two slow and rude bartenders on who were only bothered about settling corporate hospitality bills. They never even acknowledged we were waiting. In the end the manager served us, he looked like the only one working - running round trying to clear glasses, serve customers and keep things moving. However, on a positive note the meal in the restaurant was very nice and the staff in there were efficient and attentive. I have to say, the room itself was modern and was very clean. I would absolutely not stay at this hotel again, or any other Hilton hotel. The service itself would prevent me from ever recommending this hotel again. A complete joke."

• Travel date: 3rd May 2010

Very spacious & modern rooms

Reviewed 20th March 2013

"This review focuses on the looks/comfort of the room, but that's mostly what you're paying for, right? I'd chosen this hotel as it's well-positioned in the country for people to get to, and it appeared that all the rooms are modern, and the same standard. So many other hotels, according to their reviews on here, have some old & grotty rooms alongside recently refurbished modern rooms. At least with the Doubletree by Hilton in Milton Keynes, you can be sure that all rooms are the same. Well, some have pitch-facing windows, mind was on the other side. I was on the 3rd floor, so the window looked down onto a large blank rooftop (the entrance of the hotel), and beyond that was wide open car-park space (the football stadium car park). So no one is going to be looking into your room. First impression of the hotel lobby is that's it's trendy, all red-themed, and smelled good. That's the complimentary chocolate cookie you receive on check-in (and they're good). Check-in staff were very courteous and friendly, and told me about the gym (and activated my room key for it). I had a look around the gym, it's a single, clean spacious room with various weights, bikes/ellipticals/ergs, and mats/space for stretching/floor work etc. The hotel rooms and corridors are decorated with beautiful large photos of space, gas clouds and galaxies. I loved this touch, given my love of astronomy, but it's also refreshingly different to the bland generic art you often see. The room itself is exactly as shown on their website (minus the pitch-facing window/terrace for half-the rooms). There's a large entrance about 2m x 1m inside the front door, and plenty of space around the bed, including desk with nice leather chair, separate table and leather armchair. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, all decor in the room and bathroom modern and very attractive. The only problem I found was turning the shower/bath on (difficult to figure out & very stiff to turn the knobs), and once on, the shower wouldn't keep to a temperature, usually going back to the same slightly-too-hot temperature however cool I set it. Still a decent shower though. The hotel is round the back of the football stadium (depending on which side you come at it from), in the middle of a huge car park; there's a drive through McDonalds and KFC on the edge of the car park, a HUGE ASDA/Walmart nearby, as well as an Ikea etc. For all intents and purposes, it felt like I was in the USA. For the advanced-booking price of £47 that I paid, this was a bargain for such a modern & spacious room. Pitch-facing rooms are £10 more, and I think (huge) suites are £100 more. Recommended."

• Travel date: 20th April 2010

couldn't fault a thing!

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"I have travelled a lot and stayed in many different hotels. I was staying with a friend for a girls weekend in a twin room with a view. Check in was very efficient, and the receptionist couldn't be more helpful. Hotel is new and modern and quite swish. The room was spotless, beds very comfortable. The view was fun, we had a view of the pitch. Breakfast which was included in the rate was very nice. We travelled into Milton Keynes by taxi and this was only £5 each way. Overall we were very pleased, could fault nothing and would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: 14th April 2010

Wow, a really comfortable bed

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"We only stayed one night but were pretty happy with this hotel. We had breakfast on the Easter Sunday and it was a bit tired and cold by the time we got to it at 09:15. Bit limited in the choices but at the price we paid, I don't think we epxected much more. Chairs and floor were a bit 'crumby'. Found the staff to be really friendly and helpful. The bed was just so comfy, the room was quite spacious and very clean. We would happily return."

• Travel date: 6th April 2010