Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway (M5, J17) Hotel

Excellent Stay!

Reviewed Thu 4th of April 2013

"Stayed for 1 night only so could not take advantage of the very special offer of a £29 room.

Checkin very quick & easy. Allison a real gem. Jenny must get a mention too as her directions were spot on!!

Room excellent had everything you need however the bed was a challange! Have never slept in a bed that bounced so much!

The restaurant was excellent however a little on the slow side but the food was of an excellent standard and the wine & beer prices were very reasonable. A very good selection too. Did not stay for breakfast.

One thing we did notice was the rather small parking spaces. We noted a large white van having considerable difficulty parking between the white lines. I think the spaces are more suited to compact & mid sized cars."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of October 2010

Good night guarantee ????

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"Needed somewhere near bristol for 3 nights , so we thought we would try premier inn for the first time , so we booked 1 night initially and first impressions were good , receptionist was friendly and helpfull , room was clean , bed was comfy . Our room was on the 1st floor at the rear of the hotel and over looking an empty industrial building , what we didnt realise was that beneath us was a noisy laundry room , beer cellar and staff smoking area . The 4 of us had a bad nights sleep but emma on reception didnt seem overly concerned & offered no apology . she then wanted to charge us £20 a night more than the first night for the privelege of moving to another room . Hasten to add...we moved on to a 4 star hotel for the same money ."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of September 2010

Excellent Hotel, highly recommended in every way.

Reviewed Tue 26th of March 2013

"Premier Inn always gets counted as being in the same class as Travelodge, Best Western etc. I've stayed at a couple of Premier Inns over the years and they're far above the competition in general, this one is far above even the standard I have come to expect from Premier Inn.

The staff were more than just polite, they were friendly. When they smiled in all came across as genuine, you really feel as if they enjoy being there and doing their job.

Check in was quick, the room spotless, bed comfortable, bathroom a good size and checkout was a matter of dropping the key into a box and returning the friendly greeting from the receptionist.

The internet charges were steep, but on a positive it meant I opted not to log on to check my emails but rather to have a pint in the bar :-)

I didn't have an evening meal there, the Harvester down the road was too tempting, but the aroma coming from the kitchen certainly smelled good. The bar area was pleasant enough for a few drinks, with a nice outside covered seating area for when it's warm enough. Prices were good for a hotel too.

Breakfast was just as others have said - really good. Help yourself to cereals, toast and croissants and someone took your order for the full cooked. The hot food was obviously freshly cooked, with good quality sausage and bacon, eggs anyway you wanted them and the usual beans, tomatoes and mushrooms should you want them. The coffee and juices were help yourself and of really good quality as well.

Would I stay here again? I'd do a detour to stay here again."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of August 2010

An excellent hotel. location and friendly staff

Reviewed Fri 5th of April 2013

"This is probably one of the best Premier Inn's that I've stayed in so far, it's extremely clean, room was air conditioned and perfect and so was the bed.

I was in room 10 which was on the ground floor, breakfast staff was very helpful and the food arrived in good time too.

The decking outside was a nice touch and plenty of parking spaces.

Location wise: It's within close reach of the M5 and has a shopping centre, plenty of restaurants, cinema, 10 pin bowling nearby."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of August 2010

Beyond perfect, with wonderful staff

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"We stayed with our 6 year old and 3 year old in this hotel. On a school holiday Friday night it was full, and yet we didn't queue checking in, at breakfast or at the bar. At every point in our stay we were dealt with fantastically by all members of staff. On arrival our children were given a treasure hunt to do, where the staff had even hidden things in our hotel room for them to find, which they loved. This was not needed, a complete extra, but it was really appreciated, as the children were so excited to be starting their holiday in a hotel, even if for us it was just a stop off point.

I chose to stay in this hotel because of location, and the knowledge that with Premier Inn's there is a constant standard, nothing glamorous, but everything you need. In addition this hotel has a bar close enough to the family rooms for the monitor to work so our children were safe while we relaxed! However, the managment of this hotel should be unbelieveably proud of their staff. Every one met us with great eye contact, a smile and a greeting. We were dealt with efficiently, and at breakfast, seeing the team work going on was wonderful. Each table was set perfectly, swiftly and nothing was forgotten. All of these things are easy, but so very often fogotten in many hotels, in fact later that week we stayed in a 4 star hotel costing 4 times the amount and the service was nothing like the Premier Inn.

We will, without doubt, be staying again on route from North to South, and would recommend anyone to do the same."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of August 2010

Fantastic staff, great breakfast, lovely clean room

Reviewed Mon 1st of April 2013

"We were going to see Paul McCartney in Cardiff on 26th June and wanted to stay nearer to Bristol than Cardiff, we stayed at this Premier Inn for 2 nights. It was my first experience of staying in a Premier Inn and I was very impressed. The staff, many of whom were quite young were all very well presented, polite and friendly at all times. The Manager(s) should be very proud of them all and I hope my thanks which I expressed to the duty manager as I left were passed on to all concerned. The breakfast on both days was lovely and as we were enjoying such warm English weather at that time we were able to eat outside on the small terrace area which was a bonus. The room was immaculately clean, linen and towels were very clean and of good quality. Air conditioning worked a treat and ensured a comfortable sleep on 2 very hot June nights! The only setback with this hotel is there is not quite enough parking for all the visiting cars, but as the location is relatively quiet we were able to park on the roadside without causing a problem to others. Well done Premier!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of July 2010

A different league to it's nearest competitor

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"We stayed here for just one night on our way from London to Cornwall. Having had a pretty unpleasant experience in a nearby Travelodge when doing the same journey last year I felt some trepidation, but from the moment we arrived, the experience could not have been more different.

Easy to find, just off the M5, in the intriguingly named Catbrain Lane! An incredibly welcoming and friendly receptionist quickly checked us in and we carried our sleeping children down the corridor to our room. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped, the beds were comfortable (even the kids’ pull-out beds) and were all beautifully made up with clean white pure cotton sheets. Everything felt well cared for and though basic, of good quality.

The room was quiet, and comfortable in temperature and we slept well. In the morning we enjoyed hot showers and a fabulous breakfast – the kids’ eyes nearly popped out of their heads when they saw the “all you can eat” breakfast buffet, and believe me, we did try everything! It was nice to see the same receptionist on duty again in the morning – she even remembered to wish us a happy holiday in Cornwall.

I really could not fault this place – I hope that all Premier Inns are as good! I find it incredibly hard to believe that their pricing is not much more than Travelodge chain which in my experience is such a dismal experience compared to this."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of May 2010

ONE OF THE BEST PREMIER INNS

Reviewed Sat 23rd of March 2013

"we were at an event at Bristol Harbourside, having already been up very early on Saturday morning we didn't want to travel around looking for a meal so used the in house restaurant. This was delivered with brilliant service from an all round friendly and helpful team. Comfortable bed as ever, roomy, clean, easy parking although location a bit difficult to find.A goods night sleep at a fair price.

Constructive comments as the management do read these reviews
put the post code / address on confirmation email
don't use more than one name for same hotel ie Cribbs Causeway versus Bristol North West, we had similar confusion in Epsom area, bit like Ryanair and Easyjet, you know Brussels airport but its Charleroi etc
Vary the paint job, hate waking up to purple and same pictures in such different locations why not some regional variation.
Let the check in staff say their own version of terms , charges, felt like an Easyjet safety briefing - yes in fact do everything the opposite to Ryanair and you'll probably be on a winner
anyway great hotel, highly recommended"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of May 2010

First time in a Premier Inn but wasn't a Premier stay for us!

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"We stayed in the Bristol Cribbs Causeway Premier Inn as we were visiting the Bristol Balloon Fiesta and wanted to make a weekend of it (Only lived near Salisbury at the time!)

On first impressions we were very pleased with the reception staff, very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, fresh and bed sooooo comfy (I even had an afternoon nap while my boyfriend watched cricket results on the lovely, large TV). The only problem was the toilet was incredibly noisy and we felt we couldn't flush this during the night in case of disturbing someone!

Unfortunately we never made it to the Balloon Fiesta as there had been an accident and the traffic to the Fiesta was awful, we stuck it out for over an hour and then gave up and went back to the hotel as I was in a foul mood! We had some dinner in the restaurant instead and this was lovely. Good value and tasty. We spent the rest of the evening there and enjoyed drinks and the sunshine.

The next morning we were up early ready for a day trip to Bristol Zoo (lovely place!), and just as I had gotten out the shower and my other half was going in the fire alarm went off. You could imagine my worry being wrapped in a towel! We both rushed to get dressed and get out, sticking our head out the door there seemed to be confusion, people everyone, people going back to their rooms, staff not sure what was happening. We asked one staff member in the corridor and she said to go out, but as we walked into the hall way there were people using the lift. (I was sure that you should never use a lift in event of a fire!), then half way down the stairs fellow customers told us that they had been told all was OK and there was no fire - it was a false alarm!

I was utterly shocked by the state of confusion, and the way a fire alarm was handled. So much so that I wrote an email of complaint. I received a refund which restored my faith in the company and I will use again in future."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of April 2010

Friendly and efficient service

Reviewed Wed 3rd of April 2013

"I've just spent 3 nights at the Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway on a group booking with 40-odd fellow choir members, on a singing tour around Bristol and Wells. The service provided by the hotel was of an excellent standard, and the staff were unfailingly polite, efficient and cheerful – nothing was too much trouble, and it was refreshing to find such a great attitude.

The rooms are spacious and clean, with huge comfortable beds, and the bathrooms have good showers and decent towels. The air-con seemed to to the job well enough, and there is also an opening window to give some fresh air too, although if your room is on the main road side of the building it would probably be too noisy once the rush-hour traffic builds up.

We found the breakfasts were great – some chose the full English, and as the hot food is cooked to order it's preferable to the trays of wilting bacon and dried up baked beans that you often find on a hot buffet table. Others in my group went for the lighter option, and there was a good range of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals and croissants to satisfy the majority. The only downside was that occasionally items ran out – notably on one occasion the fresh fruit was gone well before the end of breakfast service – but generally the standard was high. A group of us also had an evening meal in the restaurant, where the food was good and reasonably priced, and again the service was efficient and friendly. I just hope the singing at the end of the evening didn't disturb the other guests as we serenaded the staff on our last night!

Perhaps my only gripe would be the lack of free wifi connection - I think £5 an hour is a bit steep - having just come back from Australia & New Zealand, where many motels in this price range offer free wifi, I've perhaps been spoilt, but maybe UK hotels should be following suit.
However, all in all this hotel provides a great base for touring the Bristol area, and is very good value for money. The friendly service is the added bonus and I would happily pay a return visit."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of April 2010

Will always choose Premier Bristol

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"There are only 2 hotels I choose in Bristol, the one Hotel du Vin, the other Premier Inn Cribbs Causeway. The staff are always "on the ball", the rooms are large and well appointed, the standard never varies. The quality of breakfast is consistent and , with the food cooked to order, not the ubiquitous long standing buffet effect. The value is consistent. You can't go wrong choosing this Premier Inn. There is no room service as such but the staff are very helpful in that you may pay for the dinner and can take it up to your room. ( But if you can get over there there is a good Carluccio's at the shopping mall.)"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of November 2009

Good value for a budget hotel, only one complaint..

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I stayed here with my sisters for one night. We were having a shopping spree at The Mall and wanted a budget overnight stay nearby. We'd previously stayed at another well known budget hotel nearby and it was diabolical so we decided to try the Permier Inn this time.

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The bedrooms and en suites were particularly clean and well maintained. We didn't eat at the hotel as we went out to eat so I can't comment on the food.

The only complaint was that both my sisters and I had the cleaners knocking/coming in the room every hour from about 9.30am and the check out time wasn't until midday! Not great having to get out of bed to answer the door or worse still being caught half dressed! Other than that, we had a nice stay and would probably stay again."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of October 2009