Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (King Street) Hotel

About Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (King Street) Hotel

• paid internet

Nice hotel in good spot

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"Turned up on a Saturday night with two friends on spec - and booked two rooms.

Was a bit perplexed why they don't do triple rooms - but had no complaints. As with all premier inns - you go for the room only - no frills here - but good value for money in a really central location.

Car parking around the corner in conjunction with NCP - they validate your ticket for you on check out for a cheaper rate."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of February 2010

Enjoyable stay

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"Despite it being 8 years since I last stayed at this Premier Inn, I was not disappointed. Friendly and helpful staff, enormous comfy bed, great location."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of February 2010

Great location, good staff, what more do you need...

Reviewed Thu 21st of March 2013

"My wife and I stayed here for a two night midweek city break and we found the hotel to be very centrally located, the rooms were spotless and the bathroom had a great shower. Having read other reviews we were a little apprehensive about noise issues but on this occasion we had nothing to be worried about as we both slept soundly with no disturbances. Breakfast was included in the price but for a couple away from their kids having breakfast between 6.30 and 9 was a tad early for us, however on the morning we left we were up early enough to partake and it was quite good. If I had one thing to offer the hotel it would be that breakfast might be served till 10. all in all i would definately stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of February 2010

Our 3rd stay and perfectly happy

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Stayed in Room 228 just for the one night as attending a Christmas Office Party at Zen Chinese Restaurant the other side of the waterfront (Zen was excellent by the way). Good sized room on the corner with 2 windows facing the River to the front and Mumus Club and Bar on the side. Although this Travel Inn is situated in a very lively young vibrant area of Bristol nightlife we had no trouble sleeping unlike the first time we stayed when there was some trouble outside Mumus Club in the early hours. The receptionist did offer to move us this time to another quieter room after we told her of our first experience staying, but we declined and didn't have any problems this time. If you want a good standard budget hotel within walking distance of loads of restaurants, bars, clubs and Bristol City Centre then you can't go wrong with this Travel Inn. We would definitely stay again. But, if you're the type that feels intimidated in a boisterous area of nightlife and you want perfect peace and an early night then this Travel Inn may not be for you.

Can't comment on breakfast as we decided to have a lie-in after a late night out and chose to have a brunch after checkout just down the road to the right at Che Guavara's on the riverfront - lovely. Obviously, we didn't need dinner the night of our stay, but if you'd wanted somewhere very close - Loch Fyne Restaurant is just steps away across the road and of course the Llandoger Trow Pub adjoins this Travel Inn aswell. Basically, it suited us - great location and great room rate."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of January 2010

Great location budget Bristol hotel

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Last time we stayed in Bristol we were at the Premier Inn on Haymarket, which was cheaper than King Street, but not recommended....
The King Street Premier Inn is one of the much better ones we have stayed in of this chain.

Lovely service from all staff, nice clean room (ENORMOUS BED!) working air con and heating, and above all a great location by the river, near to plenty of restaurants and bars, but set back from this so minimal moise. And only a 2 minute drive into town centre.

Lovely breakfast room, quick service, hot food.

Limited on road parking outside or an NCP round the corner

For £72 this was really good and we will use this when visiting bristol in future!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of November 2009

Disappointing room...good location

Reviewed Fri 22nd of March 2013

"The location of this Premier Inn is very good; with nice restaurants and just a short walk to the main city there is little more that could be desired with the location. The staff were kind and helpful which is always a bonus, we checked out a day early and they refunded the extra even though we didn't give the stipulated 24 hours notice.

My main issue is with the heat in the room and the lack of any form of air conditioning! Our room over looked a restaurant/bar as well so there was massive amounts of noise until late in the night so keeping the window open to cool the room wasn't really an option!

I think that would be the only problem I could see with the hotel - so if you're a heavy sleeper who don't mind a room the temperature of a sauna I would definitely recommend it."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of October 2009

A great hotel

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I stay in Bristol about three times a year, I went to uni here and miss it so like to go back to visit. Bristol has a great nightlife, there's loads to do, the shopping is great, nice restaurants etc. The Premier Inn at Llandoger Trow is one of my favourite places to stay. It's a good price, the rooms are clean and tidy, the beds are massively comfy and best of all is the location- it's very central. The only thing that lets it down is the cost of parking- shop around before choosing a place to ditch your car as the NCP nearest the hotel is outrageous!! I've stayed here with my hubby, I've also stayed here on a girls weekend- it suits everyone. I'm a repeat visitor because the price is good, and although it's very central it's nowhere near as noisey as the nearby Jurys- which is smarter admittedly but more expensive/noisier."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of September 2009

Been Twice in the last year and going again this weekend!

Reviewed Thu 7th of March 2013

"New building built onto the historical LLandogger Trow pub. Blends in with it's surroundings. Reception area small and smaller still leading through to rooms. Smaller than other Premiers we have visited. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and spacious. Some with nice views over the river. Breakfast is in the restaurant area of the LLandogger which is quite novel overlooking the Old Duke Pub. There is a multistory carpark near but quite expensive. Parking on streets nearby or Queens sq but tarrifs change depending where you park and none are the same for any day so choose wisely. Next door is the Loch Fyne Restaurant and a couple of boats doing tappas which was nice. There is a little 24 hour shop only 1 minute from here and is well stocked and reasonable.We find this an ideal base for exploring the centre, park street and docks. Especially convenient for the casino :)"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of August 2009

No Complaints

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Only stayed for 3 nights, but had no complaints about this hotel. It's in a very busy area with a lot of very busy bars and pubs. For anyone who likes to be in a quiet area, it may not be your thing. If you like being in the middle of things, I'd definitely recommend this location.

The restaurant has an all you can eat english breakfast or continental, but on our last morning we found a place just down the street called "Avenue Cafe" that had an excellent breakfast with more food than you could ever eat at a cheaper price than the hotel restaurant.

Other notables:
Very comfortable / large bed.
Great air conditioning
Excellent shower (I only comment because I've had some pretty horrible shower experiences in the UK)
No free wifi access, only paid computers in the lobby."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of July 2009

Excellent location and value for money

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2013

"We have stayed at this Premier Inn on literally dozens of occasions and have rarely had any problems during our stays. It's a typical Premier Inn with no different rooms than at any other, but it's the location that sets this one apart. It's located next to the river in a vibrant part of Bristol with bars, restaurants, theatres and clubs within a few seconds or a few minutes walk. For £60-£65 a night, my opinion is that there probably isn't anywhere comparable in the centre of Bristol. Parking can be a problem if you don't use the multi-storey about 200 metres away which is a bit expensive as in all parts of Bristol but it's a small price to pay for the convenience of the location."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of May 2009

Just what we needed

Reviewed Wed 6th of March 2013

"I stayed here with two friend and we booked two rooms. The rooms are large, beds are comfortable and the view from our room was good. It looked out onto the river and onto the apple pub (very good cider).

We would definetly stay here again as the price was good too."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of May 2009

relaxing trip

Reviewed Sun 24th of February 2013

"I stayed here with my good lady in April and found the location ideal for city centre. We had a great room with good views in a corner. Wifi worked well, The flat screen tv was a good size and the shower was better than home by far!!! The staff were friendly and down to earth which made us feel relaxed. Would book here again definately £60 Bristol City Centre is fantastic."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of May 2009