Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection

• italian amenities
  • polish amenities
  • vip room facilities
  • spanish amenities
  • paid private parking on site
  • bulgarian
  • hindi
  • japanese amenities
  • romanian amenities
  • ukrainian amenities
  • catalan amenities
  • slovak
  • latvian amenities

Good
2012 reviews
Good

Great first stop on our trip

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Booking this hotel was such a good decision. We arrived at Heathrow first thing in the morning and arranged for a hired car to meet us at the valet hut. Within a half hour we checked into the Mercure Castle Windsor. Thankfully they had two rooms available for us in the back section of the hotel -- free from street noises. The staff was friendly, helpful and the rooms were great. Best yet, we were within steps of the castle and a short walk from the Central train station."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2007

Excellent just the two of us gettaway

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"We used to live near Windsor, but that doesn't mean that we had a clue where to stay, so once again Tripadvisor was my main source of information, and once again it came up trumps. On recommendation from the site, I specifically booked a room in the main building, and ended up in a Junior Suite with views of the castle. The room was fantastic (cue 'ooh's and 'aah's as we walked in), with a separate lounge area, 2 plasma screens, a very comfy king sized bed and a large bathroom. The service from start to finish was excellent - this went from the man running the car park to the person delivering the breakfast tray: everyone was really very good. We got the concierge to book our restaurant out for dinner and then spent a very happy couple of hours in the excellent hotel bar afterwards with the absolutely charming barman helping us to work through their fairly extensive whiskey collection. The sore head the next morning was amply fixed by breakfast! Breakfast was the only downside: we opted for breakfast in bed (well, I don't think I would have made it out of bed without a medicinal coffee that day) and while it was very good quality and well presented there wasn't that much of it and I do baulk at paying £15 for a cooked breakfast when you can get the same for a third of the price down the road. No matter - we were there for a bit of R&R and that is what we got. Will def return. Hope this is helpful, but top tip is really to book in the main building for the best views and nicest position."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2007

Love this hotel!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"I have stayed here every December for the last 10 years. This is a great hotel! They are always welcoming, the parking is free and it's in a great location. The castle is half a block away. It is half a block from the pedestrian walk area and the train station area with all of it's wonderful shops and restaurants. Our rooms have always been clean and tasteful and last year they renovated the whole public area. I would definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 11th October 2007

Gorgeous

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"This is a truly gorgeous little hotel… My husband and I only stayed for one night but wished we’d been there longer. Our room was small but perfect! It was clean and beautifully presented with a gorgeous big bathroom. The hotel has a lovely send of old-world character – it’s a truly exsquisite boutique hotel. The buffet breakfast was also wonderful. The staff were happy, friendly and very helpful. Overall I can’t give this hotel enough praise – it was simply gorgeous!"

• Travel date: 12th September 2007

Excellent Stay in Windsor

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"We loved the Mecure Castle Hotel in Windsor! We arrived around 9 in the morning, and they were very sweet to assist us with check-in at that time. While they could not provide us with room access yet, we requested an updated room (after reading some of the TripAdvisor reviews) and were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite! Yeah! We toured the castle (less than 1 block away) while waiting for our room and were checked in to our suite early. The room was very nicely furnished and very clean. It was almost an apartment with a foyer, a huge bathroom, a nice king sized bed, and a sitting area. There were two TVs and a mini-bar. We could even see the castle from our room. The staff was helpful in assisting us with finding evening entertainment and breakfast the next morning was wonderful. The food was good and fresh and served buffet style with lots to chose from. We would definently stay at the Mercure in Windsor again."

• Travel date: 8th September 2007

Not so great

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"The main hotel looks great, but the little annex they put us in was not so great, and just as expensive. The room was small and not that comfortable. Staff was just average, seemed to be doing the bare minimum. There was a wedding the night we stayed and it was VERY noisy throughout the night (not really the hotel's fault, but still...) The location is good, but I don't think we'll be staying here again."

• Travel date: 25th August 2007

Great location easy access to Heathrow

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"I just returned from a one night stay at the Mercure Hotel. I paid 120 GBP. I stayed there the night before I flew out of Heathrow. It is about 15 minutes to Heathrow. A 16 GBP cab ride to and from airport using an excellent and reliable car service which I prebooked before going: [-] Windsor and Eton (just across bridge) is a charming town and is easy to walk around to everything. The hotel is directly across from Windsor Castle. The concierge was very helpful and we purchased tickets to the castle so we did not have to wait in line. The hotel was clean and well kept. (although the in room lighting was less than desirable) Children under 12 can stay in the room with parents for free. We had 2 twins and a sofa bed. All very comfortable with good pillows and nice large towels. The room service brought up ice in 5 minutes when called. I stayed in the addition next to the main building. It was very quiet, but no view as it overlooked a carpark. We had to go outside from main building to get to other building, which may have been uncomfortable had it rained. My two girls, ages 6 and 10 loved the hotel and Windsor. They found it much more relaxing than London. It took away the stress of getting to and from the airport as it was so close and very quiet. There were lots of great places to eat and wonderful shopping, all within minutes of the hotel."

• Travel date: 30th July 2007