Longueville Manor

Longueville Road, St.Saviour JE2 7WF

Good

A lovely hotel!

"This is a really lovely little country house style hotel.
My stay was very brief (sadly) but we did thoroughly enjoy ourselves. It's pricey but the rooms are lovely and the food and service excellent.

We had the Peer Gynt suite and it was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The little cuddly dog was a nice touch! All furnishings are elegant and tasteful. The bathroom was spacious with plenty of fluffy towels and nice toiletries.

Staff very helpful and polite.

Restaurant is excellent. The food really is top quality and many things are grown organically in the hotel gardens. Breakfast was very good.

Parts of the hotel date back several centuries and there are some interesting areas with lovely old furnishings. Plenty of nice photo oportunities!

Outdoor pool which we didn't use as the weather was poor.

The hotel is set back from quite a busy road but we weren't aware of traffic noise once inside.

If you want a small quiet country house style hotel which prides itself on tradition and excellence you will enjoy this hotel. It isn't cheap but it is good!"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

Perfection

"We stayed on one of their "Nights of Luxury" promoted on island to local residents. This was amazing value for money and we can't wait to return.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the attention to detail was amazing. The staff were attentive and couldn't do enough for us and the food was just out of this world.

We travel far and wide and Longueville Manor is without doubt one of the finest hotels we have ever stayed in.

Five out of Five - and the rest!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of May 2006

Good but not great

Good

"I had an excellent stay at the hotel with a fantastic upgrade to the cottage. Still expensive at £420 a night but worth it. What wasn't so good was the food. The 'Taste Of Jersey' menu was dire. We're normally appreciative of complex menus but this was one step too far. Modern trends in cooking have left this sort of nouvelle cuisine behind and are more about natural unfussy ingredients presented well but tasting great. This menu was a triumph of art over substance. I think a visit by Gorden Ramsey is in order to calm the chef down and get back to basics. Tea Jelly? That's a first.
Apart from the food, staff excellent, location great, facilities wonderful."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of November 2005

Not as good as it used to be

"Longueville Manor used to be the very best of everything and until my stay this year, I would have highly recommended it. This year I felt that the standards have slipped.
I waited at reception for about 5 minutes to check in before a receptionist even appeared.
The food, in comparison to previous years is no longer 'to die for' but more along the lines of 'trying hard'. The restaurant staff although well trained in most cases, seem to lack charm and are rushed off their feet, even at an early breakfast without more than half the restaurant full. The breakfast itself was served cold on several mornings, and the toast was supermarket best! The restaurant itself is beginning to need renovating, although the older part of the restaurant still has romantic charm.
The gardens are still beautiful and the rooms although slightly dated are still elegant.
The commercial estate that it is next to, seems to have expanded, and there are other hotels on Jersey that seem to have a better all round package and are definately better value for money. Longueville Manor is still good but no longer outstanding."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of October 2005

Amazing

"Quite extraordinary - we stayed for three nights and had a fantastic time. Our room was stupendous (huge bed, sofas, squashy chairs, table and chairs, etc, etc), the pool is delightful, and the staff have a knack for making you feel as if nothing is too much trouble. It is also a stunning building with lovely interiors in the public rooms, which for once looks just like the website. We'd definitely go back tomorrow, but...

I would not, however, really recommend the restaurant unless you enjoy over-priced food in a claustrophobic setting! Perhaps it's my eat-out-in-London-3x-week bias, but Longueville's restaurant seemed designed for people who don't eat out a lot and when they do, are as interested in being fussed over amidst too much gold brocade as they are in eating well. Much better to have your lunch by the pool and then go to Suma's in Gorey, owned by relatives of the owners of the hotel, for really good fresh fish in nice surroundings with a lovely view. That said, Longueville's food is excellent and the breakfasts are to die for.

One other thing - while the bus service on Jersey is very good, Longueville Manor is not the easiest place to stay if you don't have a car or don't want to pay for taxis everywhere. While the grounds themselves are lovely, once outside you are very definitely in the outer suburbs of St Helier. There are buses that stop nearby, but the front desk failed to mention them and we only discoverd this after a very long, hot and rather unpleasant (narrow pavements, lots of cars) walk into town."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of September 2005

Very Special

"We stayed at L-M over New Year last year. We have stayed at many nice 4 and 5 star hotels in England and beyond, and I can say that this is the best hotel I have come across. The service and surroundings are perfect and the food is something else. I would suggest food rations for a week before you go, so that you can make the most of the wonderful meals."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2005

Wow!

"We married at Longueville last week and stayed over for our wedding night. It was a fabulous experience, the staff were so welcoming and the service was outstanding with almost mind-reading ability - whatever you needed was brought even before you could ask for it! Many of our guests had been to Jersey before but were not aware of this gem. Stay here and you will be treated like royalty!"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2005

Hotel for perfect holiday!

"To review the Longueville Manor Hotel is easy, I can honestly say that it was the best hotel I have ever stayed in.
Beautiful hotel, delicious food, superb staff and the rooms were very luxurious.
It is lovely to come back from a holiday and to be able to say that every aspect of the hotel was perfect."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of April 2005

Awesome!!

"Have just come back from a long weekend at Longueville Manor (15th-18th October). Hotel wasnt the easiest to find but the receptionist guided us there by mobile phone when she found out where we were! We were lucky to have our room upgraded and everything was fantastic. Lovely toiletries, slippers and bathrobes on entering the room (which was more like a suite). Our car was parked for us, luggage brought upstairs, tea and coffee with delicious home made biscuits was available on demand. Staff attentive and polite but unobtrusive. Grounds were lovely too. I cannot praise the hotel enough and am looking forward to my next stay there as soon as possible."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of October 2004

A Jeeves and Wooster experience

"A country house in an initially unpromising-looking suburb of St Helier. I loved everything about the place (although I was staying on business, so someone else was picking up the tab!), from the shady Russians discussing business in the excellent restaurant to the valet who drew the curtains and brought me coffee each morning. They will even give you a lift into town in the hotel bus."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of January 2004

Wow, what can I say? The hotel is beaut...

"Wow, what can I say?

The hotel is beautiful, the surroundings are beautiful, the staff are wonderful, the rooms are sumptuous (better than anything I have ever stayed in before).

The food is a gastronomical delight, one night we lost count of courses! The waiters really know their wines in relation to the food served and everything was just perfect.

If you are looking to impress, want absolute luxury or if it’s a special occasion you really couldn't pick a better hotel.

And jersey is fabulous too."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2007

Hotels near Longueville Manor

Stayed at Longueville Manor? Share your insight.

Longueville Manor is also called