Excellent Service and surroundings

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We had a weeks holiday here in August with friends and hotel was superb. The service was fantastic and so was the food. Lots of locals use the hotel and the dining room was usually full. Although we had very mixed weather the 2 lounges in the hotel were very relaxing to while away the time reading or chatting. The bedrooms were spotless and comfortable with large beds and modern bathrooms. We had a couple of days good weather and the sheltered pool and jacuzzi were the ideal place to sit. There was always enough loungers to go round with cushions on and towels provided by the hotel. My friend found Greenhill’s through the internet and contacted them directly. Carmelita the Manageress sorted out flights for us and the ferry crossing for our friends, nothing is too much of a problem when you speak to her. This sentiment is echoed by all her staff who are extremely helpful and have a smile for everyone. Many of the guests were on their 3rd or 4th visit and we will certainly return. To Greenhill’s as we were made to feel so welcome."

• Travel date: 28th August 2007

Excellent hotel

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We have just returned from a short break at the Greenhills hotel. It was excellent. We were in a junior suite which is a large room with king size bed (2 singles together), a small settee and 2 chairs plus usual furniture. The bathroom was ample sized and modern. The hotel had just opened for the season and was quiet, although the dining room was fully booked for Valentine's night. It seems to be popular with locals as a restaurant. The food and service were very good and the staff were professional and friendly. We would recommend this hotel for those who want a romantic, peaceful holiday."

• Travel date: 17th February 2007

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"We visted this hotel for my husbands Birthday and were very impressed by it, especially as we picked it at random. We booked with the hotel directly and they were also able to arrange and book the ferry crossings for us. The hotel itself is a very attractive building surrounded by very pretty gardens, situated in the middle of the island very near the "Jersey Experience" tourist attraction. There was ample parking. When we arrived our room wasn't quite ready but we were offered a comfortable seat and a tray of tea and biscuits while we waited. The porter took our luggage up for us, leaving us to follow at our leiasure. The room was clean, well appointed and very comfortable and the staff were very pleasant. We only had breakfast at the hotel but this was very good. I was a bit worried, because earler reviewers had mentioned its proximity to the airport, but this was not a problem at all we only heard one plane the whole week we were there and that was not obtrusive. I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel."

• Travel date: 29th December 2006

Hum along a boiler

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Travelled with aged parent who needed a ground floor room. Booking staff very helpful, as were most of the rest of the staff, although had to be a little wary of the Head Waiter. The public areas were nice as was the small but well kept garden. Small pool but adequate as few guests used it during our stay. Food very good and aged and diabetic parent found it easy to find something to eat and every effort was made by the restuarant to meet her needs. Only blot were the rooms. Ground floor yes but gloomy and in some need of refurb. Better lighting including lamp standard that worked would help. My room similar but next to furnace room so very noisy early in the morning. However on complaint I was moved to very nice room in new wing. Mum got used to hers and in the end was fairly happy as it was big and had big bath room. [Would still recommend a lick of brighter paint and better lighting if not done already]. Would go back."

• Travel date: 4th April 2006

meetcentrum Bullen

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"This hotel ist the best!! All ist excellent,the room ist beauthyfull,the evening eet(4gangs)ware excellent,the hotel people correct ,also why find this the best hotel the last 35jear! Why coming back,also the bycicle in Jersey is perfect. Thanks all the people in Jersey."

• Travel date: 27th September 2005

Lovely hotel, fab service, but the room...

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"We just got back from a weeks stay at Greenhills hotel. The hotel is lovely, the gardens and grounds are beautiful. The pool is small, but there aren't many guests, so it doesn't seem crowded. The staff is fantastic, very helpful and friendly. The food is great too. The room.....well, I was expecting something very posh and sumptuous, but it was very small and cramped. The decor was a little shabby, stains on chairs, worn curtains, etc. It looked like the older part of the hotel, right above reception. And it was HOT! We had very warm weather for the week, and the room just never cooled off. There is no air con, they brought us fans, but it really didn't help much, only one small window and no cross ventilation. Most of the guests were complaining. We didn't sleep all week (husband very grumpy). Some of the other rooms we peeked into looked newer and nicer, but I couldn't get a good look. It is close to the airport, so a little noisy esp with the windows open, but not too bad. Although, the island is so small, you are always close to the airport anyway. I think if you get one of the larger newer rooms, it would be better."

• Travel date: 26th June 2005

Absolutely wonderful

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"For my hubbies 50th birthday, I booked a surprise three day break at Greenhills. From the start of my booking, I could not have asked for a more friendly and efficient service. We planned to decorate our room with flowers, a banner, and balloons, together with a bottle of champagne. All was provided and done to perfection. The staff were caring, efficient and polite. Our room sumptuous and the food and service in the restaurant couldn't be faulted in any way whatsoever. All the guest areas were bright, clean and tidy and the gardens, despite it being February, were immaculate. In fact, our stay was so perfect that whilst there we booked to go back again in October. I could not more highly recommend this hotel. I believe that as it is still family run, they make that little extra effort to ensure that all guests are treated like part of their family and they do their utmost to ensure you have a memorable vacation. I would also say that I am extremely fussy and for me to recommend anywhere is quite an achievement as I expect high standards. Greenhills surpassed all my expectations; an absolutely pleasurable experience."

• Travel date: 7th June 2005

Great Food - but....!

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"An attractive hotel but my room was very cramped with far too much furniture. The bar meals were excellent but the service was VERY slow. The head waiter was very agressive when I sat at the wrong table for breakfast - even though I'd been placed there by a waitress! I will not stay there again but might call in for lunch."

• Travel date: 12th February 2005

Excellent in every way!

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"Stayed here for three nights recently (October 2004). The hotel is absolutely lovely. The airport is not far away but this does not interfere with the peace and quiet of the location too much. The gardens are beautiful and the decor of the hotel is of an extremely high standard, very luxurious in fact. The breakfasts were fantastic and the dinners innovative and delicious! The staff were really helpful and friendly and they all worked together as a very well trained team. Perhaps one of the more expensive places to stay in Jersey but would throughly recommend it. We had a lovely time!"

• Travel date: 9th October 2004

absolutely superb

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Stayed in Greenhills in July. Wow what can I say. Absolutely gorgeous. The staff were wonderful, the bedrooms (stayed in the newer part of the hotel) were absolutely lovely, bathroom etc. Service superb. Breakfasts were buffet style and more than sufficient. Felt really at home. Was a bit doubtful about paying the extra for a posher hotel (normaly stay b&b guest house) but well worth and would certainly go again and again."

• Travel date: 1st December 2003