Royal Yacht Hotel

Weighbridge, St. Helier JE2 3NF

Good

Absolute Nightmare!

"I have, like a lot of the other "people" who have stayed at the Royal Yacht, stayed many times in Jersey on business as I work for one of the major UK banks. I am not normally one who writes reviews on here, although i do use this as a deciding factor when i need to book a room. I have stayed at the Royal Yacht and felt compelled to write a review

I have visited most 4 star hotels in Jersey and have my absolute favourites and the ones that I will never visit again, The Royal Yacht certainly comes into the latter of those. I stayed there in Late October and the only reason that booked there was because it is new and my first choice hotel didnt have the standard of room that i requested.

My review

This is a fantastic looking hotel from the outside and is beautiful inside as well all mod cons etc. My first impression didn't last very long.....
The staff and service are terrible. I waited for ages just for the bill.

I dont want to go into all of the gritty details but the staff were either not interested, not aware, or were just completely lost.

The food was good but still, completely let down by the service.

Because i am in Jersey very regularly, i see what is going on. Maybe they have got their act together now. I dont know as i will NEVER return.

Oh did i forget to mention the part about there being a night club under it??

There is a large night club in the building, so when kickout time comes around its very very loud as the taxi rank is directly outside the hotel!! All of the rooms with a view have the view of the drunks that come with kick out time."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2008

Fantastic Hotel

"My husband had booked this hotel as a surprise for my 50th birthday. He had chosen it based on other reviews on this site and couldn't have made a better choice. From the moment we arrived, we found all staff to be friendly and helpful.

We stayed in a Gold Double room with balcony. The room was excellent, the bathroom luxurious. Loved the lighting in the room. Breakfast was superb, just loved the way the fresh fruit was not all mixed together so you could pick and choose different fruits of your choice, excellent choice of hot food too. Staff all very attentive. We ate in the Grill one night where the food was excellent but did not like sitting on bar stools looking at a wall, so the following night we decided to eat in the Zephyr. I was not too keen on the menu (I am a choosy eater) and decided I would prefer something from the Grill menu and on mentioning this to the waitress, she asked if we would like to eat in the Zephyr (where there was lots more atmosphere than the Grill), and she would get us the Grill menu to choose from. Whilst we were waiting for our food to be brought to the table, the waitress came to say she was finishing her shift and hoped we enjoyed our evening meal.

We used the pool, sauna, steam room, which again were excellent. Didn't use the gym but it looked good.

Location is very central in St Helier. We arrived on a Sunday evening and did find it quite difficult to find somewhere to eat. On talking to a local lady she did say a lot of restaurants are closed on Sunday and suggested eating at one of the restaurants in the hotel or at "The Bar" down by the harbour side development. We chose "The Bar" on the Sunday which was a good choice. We also hired a car from Europcar who rang my husband's mobile on the morning we were to collect the car and offered to bring it to the hotel for us at no extra charge.

Would definitely stay in this hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of February 2008

Great Valentines at the Royal Yacht

"We decided to stay at the Royal Yacht Hotel for their Valentines Day Package, which turned out to be a great night. The room was fantastic, really comfy bed, all the mod cons including a tv in the bathroom!
We also made use of the Spa and gym facilites which are amazing, with a large swimming pool, suana, steam rooms and jacuzzi. Neither of us used the gym but it looked very well equiped, and my girlfriend loved the treatment facilities.
The staff and spa ladies were delightful and made this night extra special, and I would recommend this as one of the best Spa's I have visited and I would definatly return again."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of February 2008

Very good night at New Years

"I stayed at the Yacht on New Years Eve after the Glitterati Ball, and it was definately the best New Years yet.

I checked in early to try out the spa, which I'm very glad I did, as it was an excellent way to relax before the ball. The rooms were very smart and the decor was warm and inviting. I particularly liked the bathrooms - unlike many hotel rooms you get a proper shower as well as a bath, and there was plenty of room even for someone like me who is not the smallest of people.

Dinner was very good. I've eaten at the Sirocco restaurant several times now, and am impressed every time. The food really is superb, and the waiting staff are very attentive.

I also like the Zephyr cafe, the Drift bar and particularly the Grill steak bar on the ground floor. Being local, I go there regularly. Don't worry though - the rooms start on the second floor, and they have been sound proofed!"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of February 2008

Very very nice hotel. Recommended

"Stayed at a couple of hotels in Jersey (Pomme D'or and Hotel de France) but The Royal Yacht is better than either. Refurbished in Summer '07 its thouroughly modern.
I stayed two nights on busines and could find nothing to fault. I was greeted by name at checkin, staff were helpful, room was top notch, great view of the harbour, if you are at the front of the hotel. Breakfast very good. For evening meals i only ate in the Steak Grill which was good - can't speak for the two other restaurants.
Not bad value at all for the standard. Well worth staying just to be able to watch TV in the bathroom."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of February 2008

perfect break!

"Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my five night stay at the Royal Yacht where I celebrated ringing in 2008 at the Glitterati Ball held among fab company,food,drinks and entertainment not to mention the beautiful setting.
I felt like i did not have to leave the hotel for anything it has been designed and refurbished to cater for your every need whether it be a delicious fillet in the grill bar,glass of champagne in the posh bar,endless selection of breakfast (fruit as if it was just picked)in the Sirocco restaurant and tasty lunch in cafe zephyr(from susshi to a royal yacht burger and chips) ,pampering and relaxing in spa sirene especially the hot stone beds near the pool area and my 10/10 "smell the flowers" facial and finally end the day in the very modern and trendy Drift bar.
My room was relaxing,spacious and immaculate,loved the turn down treat before bed.The staff were extremely polite and helpful at all times.As I frequenty visit the beautiful island of jersey i am already looking forward to returning to the Royal Yacht.Thanks to all."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2008

gasronomic excellence

"myself and friend stayed at the royal yacht hotel for one night only, but it was unforgettable. The luxurious bathrooms, flat screen tv's and other facilities in the rooms were of extreme high standard, there was also plenty of space within the room so you didnt feel like you were staying in a cupboard. Although we did not use alot of the facilities within the hotel on this occasion (eg the spa), we did eat in the hotels fine dining restaurant 'Sirocco, and WOW, it was fantastic, i have never seen or tasted food like that in Jersey before. We were at a complete loss at first what to order as the choices were all attractive and had equal appeal so after great deliberation we decided we would have the taster menu which we thought was a little expensive at first until we were able to savour the creations that just kept coming from the kitchens, plate after plate after plate. Like mentioned before WOW, it was stunning, the food had great appearance, a real gastronomically excellent experience! I would strongly recommend if you are considering Jersey for a long weekend, holiday, business trip or whatever, stay at the Royal Yacht, you are directly in front of the mariner, close to shopping centre for those duty free's and you dont even have to leave the building to eat at the best restaurant on jersey"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of January 2008

What a delight!

"We had 3 days to relax but didn't expect to be spoiled. Courtesy, thoughtfulness....clean, stylish, efficient....excellent food, wonderful spa, comfortable room all were superb. The complimentary shuttle from the airport was unexpected (it's a long ride) and my husband even got his shoes shined (it's about time!). Such friendly, thoughtful and kind people really cared for us. We will come back as soon as we can. Thank you...highly recommended."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of November 2007

What a Pleasant Suprise

"I often travel to Jersey on business and have stayed in a wide variety of hotels on the island. After a less than brilliant stay at one the more traditional hotels on the island i decided this time around I would try the new Royal Yacht that I had heard about from my colleagues. The place looked fantastic, really modern and classy without appearing to be trying too hard. I ate with my partner in two of the restaurants offered and both times I was happy with the service and quality of the food, my favorite was certainly Sirroco, the upstairs fine dinning restaurant, not only does it offer great views from the alfresco balcony but the whole culinary experience was one of the best I have had on the island which has a superb reputation for food. I visited the spa and pool area most mornings and I could not fault them. The night life in the Drift Bar was always lively and I found I could have a good time in there but for those who just want a quiet night cap there was the Lazyjack, which i gather is a new addition in the hotel that remained open to residents until late. Over all we were well looked after and i would certainly return ! The Royal Yacht hotel comes highly recommended."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

Excellent Modern Hotel

"The Royal Yacht is a fantastic modern hotel, excellent rooms, modern surroundings.

Try and get a room towards the middle/back of the hotel as it is quieter. Friday 7 Saturday night can be a bit noisy but it all goes quiet at 1am.

Excellent for young couples wanting a central base.

One of the newest and best hotels I have visited in Jersey."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

Building is nicely situated and car park...

Good

"Building is nicely situated and car park adequate. Within ten minutes steady flat walk to harbour. Town centre has deteriorated to 'just another european city' - the magic has gone from 10 years ago. Hotel is good with room, staff and facilities excellent. Food was v. v. good but tainted by poor and cheap house wine at £13 per bottle."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008

We stayed for a long weekend at this hot...

"We stayed for a long weekend at this hotel. It is a great place to stay as it right on the front in St Helier. The hotel is clean and bright. The staff on reception were very pleasant as were all of the staff that we encountered during our stay. The only downside to this hotel at the moment is that there is some work taking place to the front of the hotel. The rooms were very comfortable. We had a Gold Double Room which had a seperate Sitting room area and DVD Plasma TV. There was also a Plasma TV In the bedroom. The bed was probably the comfiest bed I have ever slept in in any hotel. There are also Tea and Coffee making facilities and a minibar.
It is a great place in which to see the sights of Jersey and you are very central to get into the centre of St Helier. There is also a nightclub downstairs which is popular with locals. If you are planning a trip here and want a great place to stay this would be it.

• Travel date: Sat 21st of June 2008

Hotels near Royal Yacht Hotel

Stayed at Royal Yacht Hotel? Share your insight.

Royal Yacht Hotel is also called