Liberty Wharf Apartments by BridgeStreet

Good

Great Spot - Much better than a hotel!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Just returned from two night stay, these apartments are really nice. The staff could not have been more helpful. Despite arriving on an early flight we chose not to book in until the late afternoon, without asking we were given an upgrade to a Harbour View room which had a huge balcolny, facing due south so as to enjoy the late afternoon sunshine. While we did not actually do any cooking it's always nice to have a kettle, fridge etc. Lounge area with large flat screen television was very nice to have, as you usually only get the four walls of your bedroom if you stay in a hotel.
Coffee and croissants in the morning were just about the icing on the cake. As I said before staff could not do enough and were always charming and welcoming even after a full night shift. The position is ideal for wandering around St Helier and the Public Car Park is just 2 minutes away if you have a hire car, or bus station directly below the apartments covers all other options for getting around."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of May 2010

Central, clean and comfortable

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"I live in Jersey and have stayed in most of the hotels, either for special occasions or work related, mostly just for one night. These are the first furnished apartments I have used in Jersey and for £77 a night, for a one bedroom apartment, I am well impressed. The location for holiday visitors or business travellers is perfect, bus station below, taxi rank 1 minute walk and town is on your door step. These apartments are fairly new and the furniture and fittings are in fantastic shape, all mod cons flat screen TV, hi fi system and full kitchen. Being in town was expecting bit of noise, but never heard anything, and never even seen any other guests until check out. If you do book these apartments ask for a harbour view with balcony, the balconies on the 3 rd floor a much bigger than the ones on the 4th floor. They both look out over the Mariana. There as been some building work going on this site for a few years, it’s a redevelopment project of some old buildings and this work is now coming to an end, just a few internal fit outs of retail units which shouldn’t bother you. Overhaul very clean and comfortable apartments and well worth the money"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of May 2010

Central location, Beautiful Apartments, 1st Class Staff, 24hr Manned Reception

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Apartments with fully equipped kitchen, Lounge with flat screen TV, IPod dock, hi-fi, optional balcony, harbour view, air-conditioning, nice bathroom with bath and shower. Bedroom with lots of hanging space in built in wardrobe, which has safe big enough to fit a laptop. Flat screen TV on chest of drawers. Comfortable bed with matress topper. Telephone, dial to reception or for incoming or outgoing calls. Folder containing information on how to use all kitchen appliances and ideas for touring around Jersey. In reception, a daily update board on what is happening in St Helier and around the island, things to do, and staff will offer ideas for good places to eat. The apartments are secure, access only to residents. Free WiFi was very easy to connect to.

Cineworld is a few minutes walk away for film buffs. The Fitness Centre and Swimming Pool are both near the cinema. The airport bus is frequent and stops right by the apartments. The main terminus is next to the apartments and from here you can also travel all around the island by bus. The main shops are a few minutes walk away. We found it quiet, relaxing and a great base for exploring St Helier for a long weekend break or the whole island if you are staying longer."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of March 2010

Fabulous location and all mod cons but make sure you get the harbour side.

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"ROOMS
Tastefully decorated, with furniture that looked a lot more expensive than your average hotel. Wooden floors. Air conditioning.

Bathroom was a decent size with a shower over the bath, heated towel rails and plenty of shelves.

Bedroom had a good size bed with nice bedside tables and a large cupboard and chest of drawers, so plenty of space for stuff. And a large flat screen TV on the wall. Patio doors out on to the balcony with net curtains for privacy.

Living room had a sofa for two people and a separate arm chair, a side table, coffee table, small dining table and two dining chairs. There was a side board with a stereo, DVD player and iPod dock, and another large flat screen TV. Patio doors out on to the balcony.

Kitchen was fully kitted out with everything you could reasonably need, and lots of things you probably won't need. Who wants an ironing board when you're on holiday? Handy for business types though I am sure. Only thing missing was the breadknife. (Honestly: three sizes of Pyrex dish, an egg separator, measuring cups and a colander ... but no breadknife.) Also a fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer and filter coffee maker.

LOCATION
Really could not be better. It's directly above the bus station, so you just need to hop on the 15 bus from the airport to get straight to the door. You can then get any other bus you might want to any other part of Jersey. It's literally next door to the Tourist Information Office, and just a few minutes walk to the beach, Co op, other shops, pubs, swimming pool, Liberation Square - everything.

We had a balcony room on the second floor, looking over the harbour. It was very quiet, apart from some building work. You couldn't hear the road at all. I think the rooms overlooking the road would have been rather different.

AMENITIES
The apartment block itself does not have any of the amenities you might expect from a hotel. There's no bar, no restaurant, no gym...BUT you've got so much stuff in your apartment that we really didn't miss all the other bits. Apparently there's a deal that you can use the local gym for a small fee, but I didn't try it. The local swimming pool was great though, and you are very handy for the beach if you fancy a run.

There is tea and coffee available in the lounge area of reception, and free croissants at breakfast time.

You get a free welcome pack when you arrive to see that you don't starve. This included a couple of cans of Coke, some tea, coffee, sugar, milk, butter, cornflakes, chocolate, marmalade and a small loaf of bread (though there was no breadknife....)

You also get a dishcloth and washing up liquid, as well as a single dishwasher tablet and enough soap powder for one load of washing.

PRICE
Best price I found online was £100 a night plus 3% tax for a standard room overlooking the street. They dropped this to £93 plus tax when I phoned up, but in the end we paid £100 plus tax for the balcony room overlooking the harbour.

HOW DOES IT COMPARE WITH A HOTEL?
I've marked the apartments down for cleaning and service purely because you don't get the daily room service that you would expect in a hotel. The place was spotless when we moved in, but then we were on our own. The bins don't get emptied unless you put them out, and you have to make your own bed and do your own washing up of course. I had to go searching for new loo rolls at one point as well. On the other hand though, you have tons more space than in a hotel, and have easy access to all mod cons.

LIKED BEST
Having so much room, and access to all mod cons. Making toast when we came in late from the pub. (You can't do that in a hotel.) Coming home with a bag of CLEAN clothes.

LIKED LEAST
There was some noise from building work which was a bit annoying. Woke up at 7.30 two mornings runnning because of "maintenance work". It sounded as though someone was pounding the water system with a hammer."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of September 2009

Nice apartment - ruined by building work

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"We stayed at Liberty Apartments for 2 weeks in August and although the accomodation is of a high standard, there is currently serious building work going on right outside the balcony on the marina side of the apartments. This meant noise and dust from 8am - 5pm every day (except Sunday) and so sitting out on the balcony was out of the question. We were on holiday and were woken up every day by the noise. I would recommend Liberty, but only once the building work is complete."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Just Brilliant

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"How to get the best of both worlds.

Amazing location, we had a brilliant view and for those of you who want to use public transport (and please do, it's so well organised in Jersey, much better to let someone else drive around all those blind bends) you are right on top of the bus station (though you would hardly know it).

The design, layout and look of the apartment was perfect, everything you could ever want or need was there. Brilliant welcome pack too.

You have all the best bits of a hotel, including if you want it juice, coffee and pastry for breakfast (f.o.c) and daily clean, shopping and so on (at a small charge). Great front desk service and very nice, friendly staff. Plus you get the freedom of having your own front door and private space.

I've never heard of Bridge Street before, but I'll be looking out for them in the future.

The only slightly bad thing, which is very temporary is that there is a little work being done on an old building in front of the building. It's very low key and I get the idea it'll all be finished within a few months. It didn't have any impact on our stay at all."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of July 2009

Lovely apartments Great location Disappointing Customer service

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"We arrived in Jersey and booked at the very last minute. We booked for 3 nights in one of their 2 bedroomed apartments and upon arrival I asked to pay cash for our stay. The lady asked for a credit card to secure the booking and I pay for the first night. I agreee to pay for the next night after I had been to the cash point. All was polite and professional and we were given a high apartment overlooking the harbour. It had 1 master room with ensuite, a lounge/kitchen, second bedroom and separate bathroom. There was a lovely decked roof garden with 2 chairs, but unfortunately no table, as it would have been nice to eat outside. We had to go outside, on the roof and walk along an uncovered path to get to our door, which was ok so long as there was no rain.
The facilities were fabulous and we were impressed with the "welcome pack" that is in the kitchen, consisting of milk, bread, jam, soft drinks etc to enable you chill out before having to shop for groceries.
There was a problem with the air conditioning in the second bedroom. It was so hot in there because it had the ful sun all day, but if the air conditioning was on, the rest of the apartment was freezing cold and you weren't able to adjust any differently.
We didnt get back till late to pay for the next 2 nights but knew it would be ok as they had a credit card.(and our passport numbers!)
Unfortunately, there was a shock when we returned because the apartment would not open. They had cancelled our key card because we had not returned to "pre pay" for the following 2 nights!
It was very confusing and not something either of us had ever encountered on our travels anywhere in the world.
When asked why they had done this, we were spoken to so incredibly rudely that I cancelled the 3rd night and checked into a hotel.
I was very upset and asked for the manager to call me. She did, and to my amazement, told me that I must be wrong and that the girl concerned would be so upset to know that I had complained and I was to retract my comments!!
We were gobsmacked!
I go to Jersey every month and would have loved to use this accommodation regularly but I just wont on principle."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

Great views, excellent location

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I have just returned from the liberty apartments. Its a fantastic place. The rooms are big and finished to a very high standard. We stayed in a 1bedroom apartment which had a tv in the lounge and another flat screen in the bedroom.

The kitchen is small however it has everything you would need to cook a good meal or have breakfest. The weather was fantastic so we mad use of the outside space sat on the wooden seats, also has a great view of the harbour.

The apartments are in a very central location, probably about 2 minutes walk from the shopping area and bars/resturants. They are also right next door to the bus station and Jersey tourism building, so perfect for people who want to visit the island.

The only downside which i struggled to find, was that as the bedrooms back out on to the main street and on the friday & saturday nite we did find you could hear people leaving the bars, however it was no very loud at all.

overall I would highly reccomend this place for single travelers and couples, we have book to stay again next month."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2009