Best Western Royal Hotel

Best Western Hotel-Nice but loud

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Stayed in the Best Western Royal in August 07 for a couple of nights, took ages to find the hotel but once we found the Hotel it was great having the private car park, the Hotel is lovely and clean and the staff were helpfull and friendly. We didnt eat in the restraunt as we had eaten out in the day while touring the island but had bar food in the evenings which was very nice, the only downside of the hotel was that its on the road and we got a room at the front, so we found it very hard to sleep. This was the only downside to the hotel maybe if we had a back room at the back of the hotel it would have been quieter."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

The Royal Hotel was spot on

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Stayed with one of my friends for an all girl weekend with shopping and partying. Had a fab time and would like to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a weekend away. Nice breakfast and the staff took superb care of us from beginning to end. The manager even approached us in the bar on our last night to check everything was okay."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

Perfect Stay

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a long weekend in Jersey where we stayed in The Best Western Royal Hotel. What a sublime experience! From the minute we stepped in the door we were welcomed by smiling staff and even the general manager came to have a chat with us at reception to find out where we had arrived from and how our journey had been. Our room was all newly refurbished and expertly cleaned and all through the weekend we could simply not fault anything. If you go to stay in this hotel you MUST try the restaurant! In our opinion it is worth a Michelin star. Simply perfect!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2007

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"We returned from St.Helier yesterday after spending a week at the Royal Hotel.After reading some reviews about the Royal we were not sure what to expect but we did not have to worry.
The Royal was excellent, on arrival the reception staff were very efficient, professional,helpful and very friendly.
Our room was spacious, comfortable and very clean.There was an effecient daily room maid service,towels changed daily ,etc.
The restaurant was excellent,again the staff could not do enough for you.The food was very good, we had the table d'hote menu every night but there was also an exstensive a la carte menu.The breakfast were also excellent with very large choice to suit all tastes.
The Royal is in an excellent position,it is only an eight minutes easy walk from the centre of St.Helier with it's numerous restaurants,shops,dept. stores,bars and tourist attractions.
We would thoroughly recommend the Royal Hotel and look forward to a return visit."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of June 2007

A good hotel that satisfied our needs

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Me and my sister stayed in the Royal Hotel in St. Helier. This hotel suited our needs completely. It was outside of town so it wasn't too noisy but it was also in a ten minute walking distance into town. When we went on holiday I was having stomach problems which meant I was on a gulten free diet. The hotel restaurant were very helpful in giving me food for my diet. They couldn't help me enough and were always checking if I could have the sauce etc. I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone and as we had a fab stay in St. Helier."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Great Hotel & great location

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Just returned from an overnight stay in Jersey and felt I had to write my review of the excellent hotel I stayed in as soon as possible. It's located within a few steps from St Helier's town centre which offers great restaurants, bars and boutiques. A particular mention must be made of how helpful and friendly the staff were. The hotel has a great bar and restaurant with an extensive menu - great value too - especially during Jersey's Tennerfest period when you can eat for £10. The hotel was busy and lively with a mix of families, business travellers and couples. I'm a very light sleeper and the slightest noise will disturb my slumber but I can honestly say I slept like a baby and woke refreshed and ready to face a day of computer training ! I'll be back - next time with my family."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of October 2006

Generally efficient and clean but...

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Stayed at this hotel on our first short break to Jersey. The room was very satisfactory, clean & a good size but unfortunately faced onto the street which made it very noisy. Breakfast was good and a full english available every day - buffet style. Unfortunately, we had a diabolical cream tea delivered by room service on our first afternoon which put us off eating in the restaurant thereafter. - The tray arrived with half of the items missing and one crispy scone. The sandwiches followed after I complained to reception but were basically inedible due to the most peculiar variety of filling, and the biscuits never did arrive. - Would highly recommend the Mary Rose bistro further down the road instead for evening meals. Not a centrally located hotel but still only about a 10 minute walk or so from the shopping area."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of August 2006