Private Terrace room1

• shuttle bus service
  • heated pool

An excellent Conference Venue

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We frequently use La Place for conferences and other such events. The staff are friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The manager Paul and his staff take time to find out our exact requirements before the event to make sure that everything runs smoothly on the day. Our latest event which was held this September ran like clockwork thanks to the effort of all the staff involved- we will certainly use them again"

• Travel date: 2nd November 2007

Fabulous!

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"My boyfriend booked the hotel as a suprise for my recent birthday. The hotel was superb & tasteful decorated and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff but I have to single out Paul Dixon as being particularly helpful. He arranged for tickets to a show as well as helping my boyfriend arrange a spa day for me as well as my favourite flowers...all of this whilst the hotel was being sold, not that I would have ever guessed as it all went so smoothly. We had such a great time that we are considering having our wedding there in late 2008 but only if Paul is there to be the master of ceremonies!"

• Travel date: 25th October 2007

Good value & quiet location

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"My husband & I booked a last minute, flight, hotel & breakfast short break deal for 3 nights at this hotel. We had not visited Jersey before & didn't really mind where we stayed on the island. We chose this hotel because it was a good deal & was in the countryside. We thought this would be quieter than staying by the coast with regard to the numbers of holidaymakers. As it turned out, I'm sure that the majority of the seaside/front hotels would have not had adverse noise. We arrived at the hotel & then had a long chat with the lady taxi driver as to where to go for a good seafood meal. 'Nelson's Eye' just outside St. Helier was recommended & the driver was right, it was fantastic seafood, excellent service & good value. The hotel receptionist was efficient & welcoming. We got our key & went to our room. The first floor room was very clean but a tad dated & there were 2 single beds not a double as we had requested. We returned to reception, explained the problem & went & had a delicious seafood lunch outside by the pool whilst the beds were changed for a double. The weather was sunny so the whole luncheon experience was really positive & a great start to our few days . After a walk down to the seafront (it takes less than 10 mins, it may take longer on the return journey!) we returned to the hotel to be met by the assistant manager 'Ludvic'. He suggested we may like to see 2 executive rooms that were available, at no additional cost, in preference to the one that we had been allocated. We saw the 2 rooms, chose one of them which was on the first floor over looking the pool, & a porter was sent to assist us with our bags. We were delighted. The new room was a great improvement on the previous room. It had a contempory theme & flat screen tv. The bathroom was very large but obviously needed to be re-done at some stage. It's fittings were mis-matched - good new taps & although there was a shower over the bath it wasn't a power shower, it was ok not brilliant. The general decor of the corridors & hallways was dated but I expect they have been decorated by now & anyway you're only walking through them. The stairway area near our room had been decorated, looked fresh & clean but the stairs creaked a great deal. I would have thought that some-one would have taken the time to elimate this problem before laying new stair carpet. There was good value car hire available direct with the hotel as it had it's own fleet of vehicles. We secured a Ford Ka convertible for less than £20 for 24hours. We didn't have to fill it up with fuel & it was in the car park waiting for us. Excellent. Some people may mind that it had advertising on the side of the car but we didn't care. We had breakfast each day in the walled garden. The food itself was self-service from the conservatory. The quality of the breakfasts was good with plenty of choice, even champagne available (at an additional cost) should you so wish. The agapanthas all around the gardens were stunning. they were the size of footballs, simply beautiful. I would have liked not have seen some cigarette butts on the ground in the walled garden. I'm sure a staff member could have picked them up even though guests shouldn't have dropped them in the first place. We did not eat any of our evening meals at the hotel as it wasn't convenient to our arrangements. However,the restaurant did look lovely & the menu inviting. There is a beautiful lounge with fire place, cosy chairs, low tables with magazines & books & candles all around. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay because; Ludvic was always welcoming each time we saw him which was frequently. He was always smiling, happy, polite friendly, very knowledgeable & a real credit to the hotel. Ten out of ten. The breakfasts were very good & being able to enjoy them in the walled garden was a bonus. To sit by the pool & enjoy delicious excellent value seafood lunches was very relaxing. To be upgraded to a contempory room made a tremendous difference & we really appreciated it. To enjoy the peace & quiet of the countryside was just what we wanted. When we ordered a taxi to take us to the airport, the receptionist said that they had a courtesy service - excellent! We would stay here again. It does need some updating which was being addressed. The new owners had only taken over the property six weeks before our stay."

• Travel date: 12th October 2007

Great little hotel

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Good room, very clean and modern. Not huge but had flat screen TV and big clean bathroom. Also has tea/coffee making facilities. Staff were very polite and great service at breakfast and bar. Ordered room service just to try it, and the sandwiches were excellent and came promptly. Hotel has pretty surroundings and is a short walk into St Aubin, which is probably the nicest town on Jersey. Ate at the Boathouse in St Aubin which was fantastic and also at Longueville Manor in St Helier, which was pricey but a great experience. Would definitely stay at Hotel La Place again."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2007

Dated hotel with poor service

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"I stayed in a twin poolside room with decour straight out of the 80's. It was very cramped and while clean, the bathroom was old fashioned and not in a quirky good kind of way. The room was also extremely hot, there was no central heating.They had however obviously had complaints before as a fan was left in the room. While the general staff were polite, their English was quite hard to understand at times (although much better then my Polish). The Manager however, was just downright rude and should really not be in the service industry as he does the hotel absolutely no favours. For a four star hotel, I found it extremely lacking and would not go back again. In fact find a good two star hotel and I am sure you would have a very similar experience."

• Travel date: 22nd September 2007

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend and...

Reviewed 5th October 2006

"I booked this hotel for my boyfriend and myself for two nights. The hotel overall was excellent with friendly, attentive staff who are only too willing to help. All rooms were clean and nicely decorated and the food was excellent, we were on a bed and breakfast tariff but we also ate in the restaurant one evening and found the food and service to be exceptional. The hotel is located on a quiet country road and requires a car to get around. We had a hire car, although one evening we caught a taxi into St Aubin and this came to less than £5. It is also only a 5 minute journey for the airport."

• Travel date: 5th October 2006

relaxing holiday

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We have just returned from our second holiday at the hotel La Place and our experience was totally different to some views previously expressed. Luckily we had already visited the hotel in June 2005 before we read the reviews of sept & nov 2005- if not we would have not booked! The service in all areas of the hotel was excellent- all members of staff were most helpful. The pool & gardens were well maintained. Our poolside room was light & airy & well appointed. The food in the restaurant was excellent , the ambience was relaxed and the waiting staff were attentive. I do agree that the background music was repetetive and I did note this in the comment form which I completed on the last day of our stay. The hotel is in a rural setting & I think that a car is advisable although there is a bus route nearby."

• Travel date: 12th June 2006