Hotel front & Terrace

• bathrobes
  • iron
  • special diet menus
  • portuguese amenities
  • private check in check out
  • bicycles available
  • romanian amenities
  • dvd cd player

Peaceful Haven

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"If you are looking for a first class hotel in a peaceful location then look no further. This small, but delightful hotel is situated in a narrow, tree-lined valley on the north-east coast of Jersey. We recently spent a ten day holiday here, that included our wedding. It is extremely difficult to find fault with anything that occurred during that time. We rate the hotel extremely highly, as did the locals we spoke to. The service was discrete and efficient and high standards were maintained at all times. We could not have wished for better."

• Travel date: 15th April 2007

disappointing gardens

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"My wife and I spent4 days at the hotel last July. Having read the other reviews on this site I would endorse the complaint about lack of parking. The breakfasts were plentiful but unvaried. Dinner acceptable but not exceptional. There was a reception one evening and the staff couldn't cope - to the extent we had to give up on our desserts which never appeared! Our biggest disappointment were the "5 acres of gardens" which turned out to be an abandoned hillside - any notion of peaceful walks appreciating the scented gardens should be forgotten. Our room was pleasant but you do need to be fit."

• Travel date: 20th November 2006

Great Hotel But..........

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Firstly, I would have give this a 5* but for one quite major let down, which I'll come on to shortly. We were checked in by a very efficient easten European lady (as are nearly all of the staff) and given a choice of Sherry or Port while we checked in, which was a great start. The room we had was an exceutive four poster room which was of a very high standard and featured among other things a Jaccuzi bath. The bar is excellent and they also have a lounge you can also get a drink in. The staff were spot on. We ate in the restaurant in the evening which is where this place fell down. Not for the food however, which, while being above average was not one of the better places to eat in Jersey. While eating the main course my partner found a piece of metal wire (about 6 inches long) in her food. I think the reaction to this kind of thing is a sign of how good the Hotel actually is. We told the polish waitress who took the offending piece of metal away. Then came another polish waitress who offered to change the meal and apologised saying it was from the fryer! Not wanting to make too much fuss in the restaurant I waited until we got to reception and spoke to the Manger he apologised again and repeated that it was from the fryer (well that's Ok then) and he would put a £20 credit on the account. Whooo. I really cant say I was over impressed with the reaction considering this could have done some serious damage. Breakfast good the next morning, staff in general good and a great feel to the hotel."

• Travel date: 7th November 2006

Simply The Best

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"We have just returned from our second stay at C.L.C. This time it was my Birthday treat, I received flowers, champagne and we had complimentary afternoon tea-Room 6 was just the best, large bedroom with terrace. Jacuzzi with complimentary Molton Brown, robes, what more could a girl want! We had a private entrance from our terrace to the garden. Breakfast and Dinner is a credit to the hotel, very well presented and taste wonderful. Service is simply the best, very polite staff. The Setting of the hotel is tranquil. It is an ideal get-a-way from it all and lets you wind down from the stress of work. You will need to travel into town if you wish for a nosier night life, you will not get it here, but if you want a quiet hide a way with a loved one its simply the best place to be, very romantic. Take a walk around the gardens and listen out for the brook which runs next to the hotel. I look forward to going back again soon."

• Travel date: 13th April 2006

Wonderful breakfasts and free afternnon tea!

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"My husband and I went to this hotel to celebrate our wedding anneversary in February. We booked through Hotel Connect, and got a really good B & B price. I asked HC to find out how much it would be to upgrade to Evening Meal...the hotel stated it would be £40 per person, but we would get complimentary afternoon tea included. Still, we thought we could eat just as well for half that price elsewhere on the island. (There are SO many good restaurants in Jersey, and by going on earlier reviews, there didn't seem to be much going on in the evening at the hotel). The hotel is set on the side of a very narrow valley -perhaps it would be prettier in any other season than winter. The car park is really FAR too small, and although there is an 'over flow' parking at the bottom on the valley, this always seemed to be quite busy (even when the hotel wasn't), especially on Saturday night, as there were a lot of diners in the hotel. The hotel itself is lovely - immaculate reception rooms, but still with a comfy feeling. Lots of board games and newspapers to read. One thing I ought to point out is that there is a hotel dog that roams around the lounge. The dog is very appealing - but I am allergic to them, and so this was a problem for me, as Dog felt at home lounging on the same furniture we did! Even if they had kept the dog away whilst we were there, the hair is would inevitabley left behind would still have caused problems for me. The staff were quiet, polite and efficient, though a few more smiles wouldn't have gone amiss. We checked in and were offered a glass of port, which is a super touch of hospitality. And then we were informed that we would receive complimentary afternoon tea, and if we wished to dine it would be £27.50. (this didn't tally with the info we had been given earlier!) Our room was in the attic. It was small and the bathroom was tiny. I couldn't get the hang of the shower, so I bathed in deep bubble baths every afternoon! (Molton Brown goodies inthe bathroom!) Our room had fresh fruit, Wurthers Originals (husband was happy!) and bottled water.....but no tea or coffee facilities. The rooms were well kept and the maids were excellent. By far the most best part of our stay was the exceptional breakfasts served. They even make their own sausages! Afternoon tea was a treat....three dainty sandwiches, and three whopping cakes and LOADS of fresh tea. I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly if I didn't feel they were trying to over charge for the evening meal on our first enquiry (we never actually ate there as I felt agreived over the pricing of it!) and the unexpected dog. There was also a problem recieving Sky Sports in the room, and we asked several times for it to be sorted out before it actually was (though did this bother me? NO!). There was NOTHING going on in Rozel Bay, and the 'beach' pictures you may have seen on websites must have all been taken on a good day. There is a friendly pub on at the bottom of the lane."

• Travel date: 3rd April 2006

The Perfect Romantic Getaway

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"Well where should I start...My partner and I decided to take a well deserved few days away together and researched the hotels in Jersey on the internet. After reading the reviews we chose Chateau la Chaire. I phoned to make the reservaton and the general manager Mark Collins took my reservation...He was incredibly accomodating and even arranged our hire car through the hotel...which was fantastic since our flight was four hours late... When we made it to the hotel...(after eleven at night) Mark was waiting to check us into this incredibly beautiful hotel...he then carried our bags to the room and showed us around(the four poster bed was fantastic and the jacuzzi a nice surprise).. I have to say from that point the experience was superb... from the delicious smoked salmon and cream cheese breakfast(one of many choices)...tea in the afternoon..early drinks in the bar with nibbles.. to the six course meal where the service from all of the staff was more than attentive.(I must mention Bartak as he was always working so hard to make our stay lovely) ..The hotel even offerd a whole lobster as an upgrade to the menu and orderd it in especially for me. We had only booked dinner for two of the four nights we were there but added another night after the amazing meal we experienced on the first night. We had our coffee and incredibly delicious home made chocolates served in the bar after our meal. I recommend this hotel highly not just because of its elegance and beautiful surroundings but the service from Mark and his staff..I cant wait to go back.."

• Travel date: 27th December 2005

Petite Chateau La Chaire

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"The staff at the hotel were excellent.The room we had as a standard double could well be desribed as a wide coffin.It was an attic room,the smallest room I have ever stayed in.It had a tiny ensuite with a bath and a handset shower.The handset shower dribbled cold water,and any attempt at mixing hot water led to a stoppage of the cold flow and a consequent scalding flow of hot water despite many attempts at minimising the flow of hot water. Manager said he had never recieved any complaints,but patronisingly said he would fix it,nothing was done.For a four star hotel and the price of the room it was very poor value for money. The food was very good value for money. On check out we were overcharged 30pds,for drinks we never had,however the mistake was corrected without too much fuss. We think the other rooms were ok.Dont get an attic room l"

• Travel date: 1st June 2005

Well worth every penny

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Have stayed at this Hotel on numerous occasions..... need I say more! I fanicied a short break to Jersey, and was recommended this hotel by a work colleague. She used to live in Jersey, quite near to Rozel bay and therefore knew that we would not be disappointed. We were not!! In fact we enjoyed our stay so much, no sooner had we got home then we immediately booked up for the Xmas package offered by the hotel ( which sell out very quickly ). Never have I eaten so much food!! We had a thoroughly enjoyable Xmas, polite staff and welcoming hotel. We raved about our stay sooooo much, the next time we went back I had to go with my parents who wanted to know what all the fuss was about!!! Price wise, you get what you pay for. It's not cheap - but you get first class food and service."

• Travel date: 13th April 2005

Just Perfect !!!!

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"We've just returned from a 1 night stay in the Rose Suite of the chateau (a very welcome wedding present) and can't speak highly enough of the whole experience. The room was just beautiful combining an old world charm with all the modern facilites you would expect including dvd player and jacuzzi. The additional touches of fresh fruit, flowers and mints were just a bonus. The restaurant food was very good and the staff extremely helpful and polite. If you want a place to get away from everything and relax in abit of luxury this is for you. Counting the days till we can go back."

• Travel date: 21st March 2005

Complete Indulgence

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"This hotel has to be one of the best in Jersey. Just two days ago a couple of friends and I spent the night in The Suite. One of us is emigrating to New Zealand and we decided to give her a special send off, with 24 hours of indulgence. We asked if we could conduct a treasure quest for her and the staff didn't blink an eyelid, they simply asked how they could help, and even joined in. Mary the manager could not have been more friendly or helpful, even when it came to some of our more bizarre requests. The suite itself was a complete delight, with the highest of ceilings set off by the most enormous chandelier. Couches that just beg to be curled up on, a beautiful dining table for 10, baths (there's two, one a jacuzzi, plus shower) that you sink into (the only bath i've ever been in that i thought i might drown!), and a wonderful mezzanine level for sleeping. There's a beautiful intimate panelled dining room, with a light and airy breakfast conservatory leading off from it. We, however, dined in the suite with our own friendly waiter providing excellent service. The food was to die for, especially the chocolate and praline tart with raspberry sorbet, that leaves my mouth still watering when i think of it! An excellent, well chosen, wine list that has something to suit all palattes and budgets. What makes Chateau La Chaire special though is the people that work there. Nothing is too much trouble. You enter as guests and leave as friends."

• Travel date: 30th October 2002

Hotels near Chateau La Chaire

Chateau La Chaire is also called

• Chateau La Chaire Hotel
  • chateau la chaire st helier