Superior King Room

• heated pool
  • babysitting

superb hotel .

Reviewed 23rd June 2015

"We have not come back from a lovely holiday . the hotel was superb . they made our stay very comfortable . the room was great and was looked after by the maids very well .the service was excellent and the staff went out of thier way to help whenever we asked for anything . they even looked after our car parking it up for us . the food was excellent and staff in restaurant were very welcoming .all the staff were very extremely professional and we would recommend to anyone .we will definitely be staying again on any visits to Guernseyand would like to thank them for a lovely stay . "

• Travel date: 21st June 2015

I stayed at this hotel on business for a...

Reviewed 6th September 2007

"I stayed at this hotel on business for a week during the summer. I found it to be of a good standard, very low key with well presented rooms. The pool is externally located near to the dining room, an unusual location I would suggest. St Peters Port is very quaint, it surprised me the amount of people sporting business suites during lunchtime in the town centre-must be the link to the banking and finance sector here. Where Guernsey really must position itself seems to be a quandary. A weeks bed and breakfast here if you visited on holiday is approaching the cost of a weeks holiday all inclusive in a four star hotel in the med. All that being said I really enjoyed the place and would return."

• Travel date: 6th September 2007

Great Service

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Stayed one night on business found to be comfortable, my room was quite dated but clean. Shower over the bath but with great water pressure. No wireless only dial up connection. But the service was 5 star very efficient and so helpful. I only had breakfast at the hotel but it was excellent with a buffet and menu and again good service. Also a great bar with character. Walk into town is only 5 to 10 mins but quite a steep hill, at least it helps to work off the dinner from the restaurants in town. Definitely value for money and I would stay there again."

• Travel date: 2nd May 2007

Highly Recommended

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I am a regular guest at the Duke of Richmond Hotel Guernsey having made a number of trips whilst relocating my business to the Channel Islands. and coordinating a permanent move to Guernsey. I am particularly impressed by this hotel, especially, as I have been travelling worldwide ,and have stayed in a wide range of hotels, so I know and appreciate a quality one when I come across it!. For both the 1). business traveller and 2). the tourist traveller this hotel comes highly recommended. As I am a business traveller, I will " focus" on that aspect. For the business traveller, the overall management is excellent, including a highly efficient friendly front line customer service reception team, who are both understanding and attentive to business traveller needs including coordinating should you so wish your full travel arrangements ( I always use their services for this) . For urgent business issues there is a well equippped and spacious business centre ( the second best one I have come across in my international travels) where one can work well in comfortable conditions and not some " silly coin operated computer", and backed up by full support for faxing and courriering and other business needs, operational 24 hours a day. The rooms are extremely well appointed and well maintained rooms, which are regularly refurbished and redecorated offering the highest standard of comforts. Despite being a 3 star hotel, the rooms are a definite 4 star standard with large enuite bathrooms. At this hotel the management are very concerned about the standard of the rooms and this is reflected in the attentiveness to detail. It is to be noted that on a number of occasions I have left personal items behind and these have always been returned to me via the excellent housekeeping team which includes having left a lot of clothes behind on one trip and they even laundered them before returning them to me. The breakfast service is excellent as it includes a menu as well as buffet though I have not eaten any evening meals as the town centre is so near one can enjoy all the sea front restaurants. The hotel is well located by a peaceful park less than 5 minutes walk to the town centre and seafront. and also has a pool for those nice Guernsey summers. A taxi fare to the town centre is about £ 3.00 to £ 4.00. This means all facilities are nearby with a wide range of lovely seafront restaurant, many offering all day service. I wish to make it very clear that this is classified as a three star hotel in Guernsey offering competitive rates, however I have stayed in hotels around the world which are classified as 4 or 5 star hotels and they do not match the standards at all of this hotel. I would prefer to be here without a gym and jacuzzi near all these facilities in this charming central town location, in a hotel offering a high standard of accomodation and service, than in a poky 4 star hotel, which has been over rated, as it has one exercise bike, taking it up a league to 4 star, when it has tiny poorly maintained rooms. Certainly as a business traveller I could not have found better to meet my needs, and consider myself very fortunate and look forward to both staying here more as well as using the facilities once I am fully established here."

• Travel date: 16th April 2007

Great location and comfortable stay

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Situated overlooking the sea and walking distance to the town centre of St Peter Port, The Duke of Richmond hotel offers comfortable rooms, good service and nice food along with the good location. It's worth paying a bit extra for a sea view and balcony and the rooms are generally very clean and welcoming with some being recently refurbished. Breakfast is well prepared and nicely cooked and supplemented with a well-stocked buffet table. Parking can be a slight problem with only one small area available which is usually full. Parking on the street is available but you have to have moved it by 8.00am which can be a nuisance. Generally, a well recommended hotel."

• Travel date: 16th March 2007

After spending Christmas 2005 at this ho...

Reviewed 23rd January 2007

"After spending Christmas 2005 at this hotel, we could not believe it could get any better. However, Christmas 2006 was just that. From the moment you arrive, the Manager and his staff make you welcome and throughout the break you realise that absolutely nothing is too much trouble for any of them. The extra touches, too numerous to mention make this a traditional Christmas with the festivities and the warmth you would not think you could get away from home. The entertainment program is low key and is there to partake if you so want. The excursions that are included are well run and gives you an idea of Guernsey overall. The food is excellent and beautifully presented and we were surprised that the majority of restaurant staff from the chef downwards were practically the same as the previous year. We are sure this is due to the management that obviously keep the staff very content. Finally, the best we can say is that this hotel should be 5 star but is only 3 star with 3 star prices and Stephen Purtill and his staff should be congratulated on their hard work and their obvious success with their hotel."

• Travel date: 23rd January 2007

Another Great Xmas

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"We have just returned from the Duke of Richmond after a Christmas break for the second year running. It had the make up of a real tradional Christmas, with excellent food, caring and happy staff and a very good entertainment programme which was available if you wanted it. We were astounded to see practically all the same staff as last year which is a rare thing. This hotel is building a very good reputation. We spoke to several taxi drivers and they all said that they hear nothing but good about this hotel. The Manager and the staff are obviously making this 3 star hotel (should ne 4 star at least) very popular and are looking for ways to improve all the time. They deserve every sucess."

• Travel date: 29th December 2006

Laptopland

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"Rather disappointed here, in the face of rave reviews involving romantic trysts by other members - a standard corporate hotel. 3 stars meaning exactly what they're taken to mean and all the more so if you get a room on the street side ( noisy ) Room itself clean & well-equipped, always a pleasure to see fresh grouting round the bath ! Disappointing polylinen, however, and plastic pillows. Breakfast well done in large dining-room, lovely coffee in own pot. Perhaps you need the euphoria of a special birthday or anniversary ....."

• Travel date: 25th October 2006

Tranquil Haven

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"I have travelled all over the world and found Guernsey to be one of my favourite destinations. On my travels I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels therefore was delighted to find the Duke of Richmond Hotel, priced and listed as 3 star with the standards you expect from a 4 star hotel. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The terrace and pool area are fantastic suntraps and offer a tranquil haven. The food is wonderful whether in the restaurant, bar or on the terrace. The service is second to none; staff really have a real desire to please. In summary The Duke of Richmond ticks all the boxes, and I would (and have) happily recommend it."

• Travel date: 14th August 2006

Top Quality

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Having stayed in many hotels thoughout the world The Duke of Richmond is by far one of my favourite hotels. This hotel offers a four star quality for three star prices, exceptionally clean,well decorated and furnished rooms. Friendly outgoing staff who are always on hand for any requirments no matter how small. The food is first class with the option of dining in either the restaurant, bar or indeed on the magnificent floral terrace. the pool area offers a quiet spot in an superb suntrap. I really think anyone who books this hotel thinking they are going to a three star hotel will be so pleasantly surprised and fall in love with it forever just as I have. Only a five to ten minute walk into the town itself with lots of choices of shops, restaurants and pleasant surroundings. To sum up "superb""

• Travel date: 14th August 2006

Duke of Richmond is OK

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"My wife and I stayed 5 nights from 9th July 2006. Our age range is c55. The location of this hotel is superb. Nearby Candie Park was originally a Victorian garden to Candie House - now a splendid local history library. The garden is wondrous and a joy to walk through en route to the town. Within yards there is also Cambridge Gardens (a green park), the Leisure/Sports Centre, Victoria Tower and a cemetery with so much history not to be missed. A word of caution though, the hotel is, probably, the highest point in St Peter Port - c600 yds from the town / harbours so is quite a steep walk back. The hotel was good. Generally, the staff were great - especially reception, the room spotlessly clean and comfortable. I don't know whether they were unoccupied or soundproofed, but we never heard a sound from another room. The beds were 8 out of 10. One issue I raised with reception was that the website claimed " a choice of double and twin room styles from park view to sea view and balcony". In the event we were given a room overlooking a side road - and many rooms do (I did book on the internet via Air Miles). Check this if its important to you. It wasn't actually a problem though there were hotel deliveries, by a noisy refrigerated van, at 0730ish each day - but we were up by then. The second issue I raised is illustrated by the attached photo - is this a twin room? My opinion is that a twin room has two beds with space between. They disagreed. A plus is that there is an 18hr licensed general store at the end of the street. We ate breakfast each day and one dinner. Breakfast was inclusive in our room rate. We did not wholly enjoy the cooked breakfast - it was poorly presented swimming in fat. I tried several combinations - no bacon, no egg, no tomato - but still it floated on fat. Set dinner was £19.50 and mediocre - starting, for me, with a dreadful caesar salad with wet lettuce! We ate in town other days. On balance this is a reasonable hotel and I would not be unhappy to stay there again but would pay extra for the superior / sea view rooms (you can see these rooms from Herm) and wouldn't bother with dinner."

• Travel date: 18th July 2006

Champagne+flowers+excellent service=happiness!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"My husband and I have just returned from a brilliant long weekend stay at the Duke of Richmond Hotel (Friday 31 March to Monday 3 April 2006). We are very pleased indeed to 'spread the word' about this 3-star hotel that has somehow managed to gather together what surely must be 5-star staff (always friendly, helpful and efficient) providing an extensive range of food cooked to perfection and beautifully presented; an extremely high level of cleanliness throughout; together with a quality service worthy of Trip Advisor's highest rating. I could go on about the celebratory 40th Wedding Anniversary extras (champagne and beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers), the super room with sea views and brilliantly comfy bed, the care and attention from the staff etc but readers - why not go and see for yourselves? You will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: 3rd April 2006

Hotels near The Duke of Richmond Hotel

The Duke of Richmond Hotel is also called

• Duke Of Richmond Hotel
  • hotel duke of richmond