The Duke at Night

Business Travellers Dream

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Date of Stay; 15 February 2008 I've been in and out of Guernsey for the past few years and seen many different hotels, but I find the Duke of Normandie has become one of my favourite haunts. As a frequent flier, on regular business trips, I find their Executive rooms quite relaxing. The modern decor makes me feel like I'm being spoilt and I don't even need to leave the room. A DVD, abottle of wine and room service. Could there be anything better after running around all day. Almost feel like I'm on holiday, that's until I have to go back to work the next day. They can expect my return when I'm back in Guernsey. John Livingstone (London)"

• Travel date: 11th March 2008

perfect service, nice room, lovely waitress

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Still, even after 2 months, we still love to remember our stay in Guernsey. And surely one reason is the pleasant stay at a marvellous hotel with nice rooms and a perfect service. All the staff is very friendly and and willing wherever help is needed. And - meanwhile we have booked a second stay!"

• Travel date: 4th March 2008

Very nice Hotel

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Date of stay: 10-12 October 2007 What a great hotel. I popped over to see a friend and heard great things about the Duke from a colleague at work. So I called and booked one of their executive rooms. I was greeted warmly by the friendly reception staff and shown to my room. When I arrived I realised I might not ever want to come out. Plasma TV, DVD player, Minibar and so modern looking. I wish I had used the bar and restaurant more, but I just could help myself to the room service, which was gorgeous by the way. I’ll be back whenever I can. Paul&Cathy UK"

• Travel date: 19th February 2008

Loved Guernsey

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"My partner and I stayed for a weekend shortly before Christmas. We just wanted a small cost effective get away, before the Christmas rush. It was our first time in a two-star hotel, usually we stay in three star or higher for our longer trips, our expectations weren’t that high and didn’t expect luxury but we were pleasantly surprised. The food was divine, many four star establishments can not boast this level of quality. When we got tired of the restaurant we tried out the bar and food was just as good. Service was great, all the staff were friendly and did everything they could to try to make us feel welcome. Any questions or problems were dealt with and answered quickly, even a light bulb change in the middle of the night wasn’t a problem. All in all, with the service and the standards of this hotel, we couldn’t help but feel a bit guilty since we could easily have been charged more and still left happy. Great value for money."

• Travel date: 7th February 2008

great value for money

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I am staying in this hotel this week until Friday for the first time. I normally book a room in a higher graded hotel when I come to Guernsey (once a month for business) but this week they were fully booked so I decided to try The Duke of Normandie and their executive rooms. The single room I am in is quite small but greatly equipped and decorated. It is all modern, with minibar, plasma TV with DVD player, ironing facilities, complementary bathrobe and even an Ipod station that plays the music directly from my ipod!! I am writing this review from my laptop, in my room using the free wireless internet. Last night I watched the football in the bar and tonight I will borrow a DVD from Reception to watch in my room. The food is simple but very well presented and great in taste. The waitress in the restaurant seems happy to see me when I come in, which makes me feel really looked after. I can honestly say that the room I am in match any of the 4 star hotels I have stayed in for a very reasonable price. I will definitely come back again and recommend the place to my colleagues."

• Travel date: 31st January 2008

Wanna view ? Forget it !

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Very disappointing. Room poorly furnished; bedlinen not changed since last occupant. bathroom awful - mould on tiles; antiquated loo; nothing matched - room had small corner window looking onto an alley; for half-board we got horrible food- obviously pre-pack and heated in microwave; hardly a change thru week; had to abandon completely and seek elsewhere on three occasions- staff excellent and try very hard to please; hence the one star. They cannot work miracles with poor material and mean owners."

• Travel date: 7th September 2007

Great shower, poor service

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"We were here for two nights and had a small but clean room. The bathroom was great with an excellent shower. However, the majority of the staff were not so great. We were ignored at breakfast until our waiter returned from having a fag and the music was terrible. Jimi Hendrix is not compatible with early morning digestion. The receptionist was very busy flirting with her colleague and regarded us as something of a nuisance. It is centrally located but gave the overall impression of poor management and unmotivated staff. The girls who cleaned were very friendly and polite. I wouldn't stay here again or recommend to anyone else"

• Travel date: 12th June 2007

Good central location

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"I stayed here for 2 nights in August with a friend. (Both in our 50's) The hotel is friendly and ideally situated in the centre of St Peter Port. The restaurant area has obviously just been done up and is clean and bright. The rooms are very 70's though and in need of reburbishment. I stayed in an upstairs room which is reached by spiral stairs to a motel type outside walkway. Certainly not suitable for the less mobile. There is limited parking in the courtyard area but with a good cheap bus service around the island I probably wouldn't bother taking a car. Buy a smartcard type of bus pass and get a map from the tourist information and you can travel the island. Overall though for a reasonably priced central hotel it was good."

• Travel date: 21st August 2006

great place to stay Fab Food & Staff

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"We have just got back from a week staying at the duke of normandie Hotel , St. Peter Port, we were treated well , ate fantastic food and will be going back, in Oct. for our wedding aniversary, staying in one of their luxury rooms. On this trip we took our youngist daughter aged 14 with us and stayed in a family suite, which had two bed rooms, one single the other a double plus single. plus bathroom. the room was clean & comfatable although decor is a bit dated, this is reflected by the way some of the hotel has been redecorated in a chic modern style we hope they do the whole hotel as would make is perfect. Food and service were excellent as were the staff. It was a Lively place on friday / saturday evening, with after work locals. The bar has an over 21 & smart dress code whch is good. but as we have teenage children we could only sit out on the terrace, ok in fine weather , not sure if we would have been allowed in the bar , may have been as residents. go to their website to see pics. & contact info"

• Travel date: 22nd July 2006

Hotels near Duke Of Normandie Hotel

Duke Of Normandie Hotel is also called

• hotel duke of normandie
  • hotel duke of normandie st peter port